Chapter 44

Remind Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hellooo~ :) I'm back ^^

It hasn't been long, but I missed updating. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter!

 

Chapter 44

 

After getting that discouraging phone call, you did your best to find the missing boy. Your heart swells just by thinking about his whereabouts. You called loudly Zelo’s name as you walked with Youngjae behind you in the park’s sidewalk. People would stare at you as if you were insane, but desperation had drawn you to that extent.

“___-ah… Wouldn’t it be better if you just asked people if they’ve seen him?” –He said from behind.

“No! We’ll never find him that way. It’ll take forever!” –You reasoned and called loudly again.

No one could really understand the anxiety you were feeling. Just thinking about having lost Zelo brought you to tears. You believed the last talk with him would’ve changed things for good, and just a day later things had gone downhill.  Your calls were becoming more desperate as the sun begun to set. Youngjae hurried with you who were a few feet ahead and turned you around. His heart fell upon the sight of your tears.

“___-ah.” –He raised his hand towards your face and you turned away and quickly dried your tears.

“Sorry you have to see me like this…”

“W-why are…” –He knew Zelo’s disappearance had you concerned, but not to this point. Youngjae decided to change his approach, since questioning the reason for your tears didn’t seem like a viable option. –“We’ll find him. He’s a big boy… He’ll be alright.”

You glanced away and sighed deeply. “It’s a big city, he doesn’t know much about directions. What if someone harmed him?” –You tangled your hands on your hair, and your tears fell.

Youngjae took a hold of your hands and put them down slowly, his sudden action brought your eyes to his. His voice was almost enough to make you calm down.

“We have Sarah searching for him, and Jongup said he got help. Carefully we will search for him. But we need to be calm, understand?” –You were staring directly at him in silence, and not getting an answer he repeated. –“Understand?”

Nodding and taking a calming breath you turned your sight down. “Sorry I’m like this… I-Is just that since I’ve never had a brother, Zelo’s kind of filled that spot. And I want to protect him…”

Youngjae’s previous worries about your feelings towards the younger one slowly dissipated as he heard your words.

“Also, since we’ve been tutoring him… I can’t help but to feel responsible for him. I feel like, if he fails, then I failed too.”

Youngjae bent down slightly to meet your eyes and with a comforting smile he spoke. “You can’t be responsible for both your future and someone else’s…”

You looked up and he straightened as well. “You can help others with a little push, but you can’t control what they do with their lives, or decisions. You already have a lot in your shoulders, and you are putting more weigh on yourself by this… And that’s not healthy for you.”

Somehow those were your same thoughts on the matter, but his words made you feel more reassured. He paused, but he didn’t really have any intentions to stop talking, so you let him.

“You are already doing an amazing job with him. Anyone else in your place would’ve given up, but you’ve held on for him. You are doing enough already, I can see that, maybe even more…”

His words were enough to make your heart beat uncontrollably; it really meant a lot that they were coming from his lips. You smiled and looked up at him. He was being honest; it was your turn to be sincere with him too.

“Thank you… And thanks for pulling through too. I know Zelo hasn’t been an easy task, but I don’t think I would’ve handled this up until now without you.”

“Is nothing…” –He rubbed the back of his neck, by then he had a big smile on his lips.

Zelo’s matter came to mind again, and Youngjae had the same thing on mind.

“W-we should keep looking…” –He said glancing around the park.

It was getting darker by the minute, so you nodded and took the initiative to walk ahead.

 

--

 

Sarah's heart almost came to a stop, her knees trembled after hanging up and making her way to one of the nurses. She grabbed her things and prepared to dash off.

"Sarah noona! Where are you going?"

She tried her best to smile; there was no reason to worry the little ones who looked up to her.

"Sorry kiddies... But noona has to leave, something came up. But I promise next time I'll stay longer, alright?" -She waited impatiently for their responses, then hugged them goodbye.

 

...

 

The streets nearby were a bit crowded due to the traffic of people walking away after a busy day of work or school. She did a quick inspection of the area for the missing boy, but nothing.

She was making her way to the bus stop just when she was about to give up on that part of the city and move on to the next one, but a familiar voice made her stop on her tracks. 

"Noona!" 

She turned around and her eyes widened. The tall boy was avoiding crashing into the by passers as he approached her. Sarah did the same, and just when she got to him she tucked him for a tight hug.

"You got me so worried!" -Then she pulled him away and slapped the back of his head.-"What the heck are you doing here? Everyone's so concerned right now!"

He rubbed the spot she had hit, and she crossed her arms as she waited for his explanation.

"I was looking for you." -He put his head down and rubbed his arm bashfully. -"I came here to find you, but I got lost."

"Where's your cellphone? Everyone's been trying to contact you..." 

He chuckled nervously and again rubbed his neck. "I forgot to bring it with me today."

Sarah narrowed he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter