Chapter 60

Remind Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 60

The good news was that they found your project, but the bad news was that they found what remained of it on the fountain outside the school, and the empty binder in Youngjae’s desk. Unfortunately, even when you could’ve denied the binder was yours to avoid getting him into trouble, you had written your name inside the binder with permanent marker, making it hard to hide.

Now you were with Youngjae inside the principal’s office. They kept trying to make Youngjae confess and he kept denying everything.

 

“He didn’t do it!” –You broke your silence; you were the victim so you could at least try to make things clear. –“I left that binder inside my locker while I had lunch, and Youngjae was at a meeting during that time and he couldn’t have done it.”

The principal turned to Mrs. Choi for her to give the testimony.

“He was in the office.” –She begun and you sighed in relief, but then she added. –“But he arrived later than the according time…”

Not so smart move, maybe your testimony could’ve put him in more trouble.

“I already told you that something came up when I was coming here. But I didn’t do it; I don’t even know her locker combination!” –He defended.

“Still, the evidence gathered all points to you young man. The surveillance cameras unfortunately were down today so we have to work with what we have…”

Youngjae scoffed and mumbled. “This is ridiculous…”

Poor Youngjae was fed up and you worried he’d get in more trouble so you placed your hand on his to calm him down.

“I’m the victim here Principal, I don’t want him to be punished. Can’t we just let this one slide?”

The principal took of his glasses and said. “Miss Park, according to our records Mr. Yoo already has an act of vandalism and illegal use of school property on his account. Eventually the rest of the school will come to know about this. If we let this slide, do you think it would be fair for other students? Do you think they would take seriously the rules and laws we try to reinforce?”

“What are you saying?” –You asked.

“I’ve made my decision…”

 

 

 

--

“Expelled?” –Daehyun said really loudly. –“Tell me you aren’t serious ___-ah!”

Sunhwa put her arm on Daehyun's shoulder so he wouldn’t cause a scene. And indeed, Youngjae received that punishment. He wasn’t going to be allowed in school for a week, and on top of that his record was now soiled with false accusations.

Youngjae kept quiet ever since he came out of the office. Apologetically you walked to him and embraced him. His day went from bad to worse and you felt awful.

“If I hadn’t involved anyone in this, you wouldn’t be in this problem.”

“___-ah, don’t blame yourself.” –Daehyun put his hand on your shoulder. –“You are also a victim in all this, but it’s also not Youngjae’s fault and I’m sure they know that.”

“Don’t stress yourself thinking that. This was completely out of your control.” –Sunhwa assured.

Youngjae pulled you away slightly and looked into your watery eyes.

“They are right. You have nothing to do with this… I already have a bad day as it is, the last thing I want is for you to feel bad about something that isn’t your fault.”

“But I feel like I put you in more trouble…”

He smiled apologetically and caressed your hair. –“Don’t be silly… Stop sa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter