Chapter 5

Remind Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
This has been the fastest update so far. >_<

As some of you may notice, chapters in this story are longer than the ones in 'Reminding You.' But that is because I have much more ground to cover in this one and more characters. But please, do tell me if it gets tiring or boring at some point while reading, and I will try my best to improve in the following ones.

Thanks for the comments and the new upvotes and for subscribing ^^ I hope you like reading this one as much as I'm enjoying to read it. (:

 

Chapter 5

 

“Excuse me?” –You waited for the judges to look up at you. –“As team leader for this play, may I get the chance to speak to Ms. Sunwha before she continues with the audition?”

Sunhwa stared at you in disbelief as you kept your eyes straight in the judges. Mrs. Lee glanced at them in worry. You realized then that it was a risk move to step out like that. Youngjae leaned forward in his chair forgetting that if anyone caught him there they could kick him out. But you didn’t back out.

The judges talked to each other and Mrs. Han looked back at you.

“Do you think it’s necessary for you to speak to her at this time? You do know we can’t waste any minute for this.”

You nodded. “Yes, I believe it’s necessary. I only want the best for this play. So if I may have the permission to speak to her, I will try to be as brief as I can.”

Mrs. Han looked at Sunhwa who was still speechless and then back at you.

“Go ahead then.” –She said sternly.

You glanced at Sunhwa seriously, and motioned her to follow you. You’ll thank me someday for doing this.

 

Arriving to one of the empty storage rooms back stage you closed the door behind you, only to have Sunhwa snap at you.

“What do you think you’re doing? It’s my turn to audition and you just have to have all the attention on you now do you?” –Sunhwa said as soon as you closed the door.

“Listen to me!” –You tried to speak and she tried to pass by you to the door.

You stopped her by the arm and she turned her face to you. “I’m not trying to do anything; I just need you to listen to me. I promised I’d be brief and I will you just need to cooperate.”

The breathing was heavy on the room and it was obvious considering the two people who were in it. Now the dilemma began for you, how were you supposed to tell that girl that could never stand you that she at something she did? But especially, how were you supposed to say that she should try singing, when there’s no way you could’ve heard her sing in this time lapse.

You sighed and looked around the room.

“Well?” –Sunhwa shook off her arm off your hand and crossed them.

“Can you try something else for your audition?” –You spoke up quickly.

She scoffed. “Excuse me?”

“I said, can you please try to do something other than acting for the audition.” –You said finally your eyes meeting with hers.

Where did the confidence you gathered came from? You didn’t know, but all you were sure of is that this needed to be done.

“Why should I?” –Sunhwa asked in disbelief.

“Things aren’t going okay for you out there; can you please trust me on this one and try something else?” –You asked nicely trying to reason with her.

“Whether things are going ‘okay’ for me or not is not up to you, is up to the judges. Who do you even think you are?” –She said and turned to leave.

Taking a deep breath you put your hand with strength on the door.

“I am the team leader for this production, and I want to help you.”

Sunhwa turned to you surprised at the tone you spoke to her.

“We need you in this production, but not for the position you’re auditioning for Han Sunhwa. If you want to continue acting after the audition is over, then that’s your decision, and there’s no one who can stop you. But I need you to trust me when I say, that you are not to act in this one. There’s something else I want you to do.”

At the moment Sunhwa was confused at the statement. Truth was that she really enjoyed what she did even if she wasn’t good at it, but part of her also knew that it wasn’t her calling. Her pride was too high though for her to call it quits.

“What are you saying ____?” –Finally she spoke calmer.

Inside you breathed in relief to finally have her whole attention.

“I want you to sing.” –You simply said.

The confusion was instantly evident in her face.

“Sing?”

You nodded. “I believe we have a position alongside the music group that only you can fulfill.”

“But- But… I can’t sing…” –Sunhwa stuttered.

You noticed how nervous she got how she stuttered. The confident Sunhwa had instantly vanished before your eyes, her façade was broken. Maybe she needed you more than you thought.

Taking the word again you placed your hands in her shoulder getting her whole attention.

“Just try it… Trust me.”

Her eyes were trembling, in her mind she tried to find any reasons she could trust you. That was until she remembered Daehyun’s words. It was her boyfriend after all, should she trust him? Should she trust you?

She averted her sight to the side and shook off your hands off her shoulder. Without you being able to do anything about it she left the room. I guess trying to get you to trust me was going to be harder than what I thought.

You sighed and decided to see what she would do now. She was standing by the stage waiting for the judges to finish with another student. Standing next to her you glanced at the judges that now looked your way. They called for Sunhwa to walk again to the stage.

She stood straight right in front of the judges that now eyed her.

“Teacher? May I try something different now?” –Sunhwa said a little fearful.

A rush of relief ran through your veins. The judges instantly looked at you and you nodded.

“You may proceed. Do you need any assistance from the actors?” –The other member of the judges asked.

“Not real

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter