Chapter 41

Remind Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 41

 

Sarah couldn’t keep at ease; she tapped on the bus floor repeatedly as she heaved deep breaths. She was hoping that Zelo’s little ‘get together’ hadn’t caused so much trouble to the point where he could lose his free stay at his friend’s home.

Her friend had let her know about everything, from the reason Zelo was staying over to study, instead of being home with his parents, the audition and his grade situation.

Although Zelo was embarassed about all that and didn't want her to know, she promised her friend she wouldn’t let him know what she knew, but she just wanted for him to work accordingly to his dreams.

Sarah sighed yet again, her heart boiling with anger as the location got nearer. Just as Jongup, she was worried that Zelo would lose his chance to accomplish his dreams, and that made her feel gloomy. She doesn’t know when exactly that happened, but somehow a bond similar to siblings had been created towards him.

The way Zelo treat her reminded her so much of her little brother and she felt like she needed to protect him, and that included being stern with him when he lost his way. There was no way she’d let it today’s incident pass.

Finally she got to the stop which was blocks away from her home, and just as she stepped out she dashed her way to the party. She knew that what she had in mind would get her many against her, but she had been through a lot to actually care about gaining the hate from middle school students.

Just as she neared her block, she could hear the boom from the speaker system. There were some adults glancing out to the place, and her heart beat increased. When she reached her home, there was one of the neighbors out glancing at the Moon’s abode, with a disagreement look on his face. She approached him and clearly let him know that she was going to take responsibility for the activity which earned a glare from him.

There was absolutely no way Zelo could get out of this one now, and she was going to give him a piece of her mind when she could. She walked to the yard of Jongup’s home, only to find the older of the boys sitting on the porch with his chin resting on his hands and a worried expression. He looked up thinking there was another middle school student coming to the party, but found it was Sarah.

“Noona… What are you doing here?” –He got up and dusted his pants. –“Are you coming over to the party too?”

He innocently asked, it was night time and he couldn’t really see the furious look on her face.

“No. I’m here to stop it.” –She walked past him.

Jongup widened his eyes and followed after her. She pushed forcefully the door and came into a hot living room. It honestly resembled a sauna in Sarah’s perception. The music was almost deafening, and the boys and girls were all cramped into the space of what used to be a living room. Sarah bit her bottom lip in a harsh manner, and impolitely and unmannerly pushed away to make her way to the sound system.

There was a boy guarding the system who looked up and down at the girl before him with a cocky grin.

“Well hello there…”

She rolled her eyes, and spoke sternly.

“Move over.”

“Wh…” –He was about to question the older girl but she cut him off harshly.

“I said. MOVE. OVER. GET. OUT.” –She pointed towards the door, and the boy walked away without protesting with his hands up in surrender.

She turned off the music, the melodious ambiance quickly being replaced with the murmurs from every single one of the room.

“Party is over!” –She hollered loud enough for everyone to hear clearly.

She heard protests, and speaking even louder she finally got their attention.

“I want everyone… And I mean every single one of you to start cleaning up this mess right now!” –She yelled loudly earning more murmurs which irked her even more.

“Aren’t I making myself clear?!”

Sarah stepped out when she heard a loud scoff followed by a sarcastic laugh coming from Zelo’s ‘friend’, in other words the one who was responsible for the disastrous party. This only made Sarah’s blood boil stronger. With a menacing stare she followed the source of the sound and stumped towards the latter who challenged her with his eyes.

As soon as she was close to him, she could feel the stench of alcohol coming from him, so she looked at him up and saw him stash something in his pant pocket.

“Am I amusing you?” –She raised her eyebrow.

Although he towered over her, Sarah did not step back. He didn’t back up either and smirked.

“You can’t possibly make us clean all this. Who the hell do you think you are?” –He stepped up almost to her face.

She scrunched her nose due to the horrendous smell, but she wasn’t intimidated or scared, she had dealt with worse things, she was sure.

“Me? Who do you think you are? Barging up in someone’s house and treating it like it’s yours, didn’t anyone teach you proper manners?” –She stepped up raising her voice and he backed up.

“I didn’t barge in Zelo…” –He defended.

“This is not Zelo’s house! You all should’ve left right when you were told to!” –She took her phone with a slight smirk. –“You know, neither your parents nor the police will be happy to know there’s an unsupervised party of minors with alcohol…”

Everyone started to murmur, and Jongup and Zelo opened their eyes widely. Sarah knew not everyone was drinking, but a few of them had brought some small drinks hidden, things could get ugly in a matter of pressing the dial button.

The boy scoffed and gestured his friends to leave, but Sarah stopped him by his arm.

“You’re going nowhere until you all clean up and leave the house spotless. I am not intimidated by you or any of your friends, and I am surely not afraid of calling the police. It’ll be worse for you…”

She stepped closer to him and whispered. –“Everyone else would be in trouble, if I do… Do you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter