Chapter 40

Remind Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Longest and I mean loooongest chapter in the whole story.

I tried to divide it *tried* But I couldn't really find a way to do it...

haha I'm honestly nervous about it xD I hope you guys enjoy it~ It was fun to write ! :)

 

Chapter 40

 

Needless is to say that the walk and trip to his home was quiet. Youngjae kept his eyes away from her, and would only look at her when she looked away. He felt awful, and the fact that she was quiet made him feel even worse.

Did he do wrong? Did he ruin everything by letting himself be drawn by his feelings? Would she hate him for it? Why didn’t he just take that chance to just confess? Why he didn’t take a better decision was just beyond him.

She noticed the awkwardness between them; she couldn’t really find the right words to say, or how to begin a conversation. And the fact that he didn’t speak either made her feel uneasy. On top of all that, the realization that she was about to meet his family made her feel intense nerves. What if they don’t like me?

To her it didn’t have to do anything with what almost, but never happened earlier, but for Youngjae it was all he could think about.

There she was asking herself all those questions about his family when she wasn’t technically even dating Youngjae, but the possibility was that she could in the future. She took a loud deep breath before realizing that Youngjae was already looking at her.

“Are you okay?” –His simply asked, although he was convinced it took a lot of courage from him to just ask that.

She sheepishly smiled and excused. “I’m fine, just a little tired from the walk and the run from the rain. But I’m okay.”

He sighed softly in relief that she didn’t mention anything about what he thought was bothering her, and nodded. “We’re almost there; you can freshen up when we arrive.”

Again he went silent. She bit her bottom lip as a little tick of when she is feeling nervous and this time made sure to sigh softer.

 

--

 

Youngjae’s house was really pretty; it almost resembled what were yours and his house in the future. It felt nice to finally arrive, and to make sure you didn’t seem too nervous; you breathed in and out softly to calm yourself, and stepped to their balcony.

He knocked on the door several times and not getting any response, he made a phone call. You leaned on the balcony railings with your eyes straight to the street as he made the call.

"Mom, I arrived. Where are you?”

“Oh… Well, I don’t have my keys with me.” –You turned when you heard his concerned tone, and saw him searching for something under one of the flower pots on the railing. –“I found it!”

“Alright, hurry back.” –He hung up the phone.

He took a key and you realized that there was no one in, so you’d be alone with him. You looked away and hoped that things didn’t get any more awkward. For the first time in the afternoon, you were hoping to meet his family sooner.

He opened the door and let you in first.

“Where’s your family?” –You asked out of curiosity.

He closed the door behind him and turned to you. “My mom went to do some groceries for dinner, my dad is working, he’ll arrive later too, and so is my older brother.”

You nodded and stood still with your hands clasped together, your head felt like it was going to blow up and even more so when Youngjae glanced at you.

“The bathroom is upstairs, to your right the first door.” –He said gesturing to the staircases.

You tilted your head, forgetting why he was telling you that.

“Weren’t you going to freshen up a bit?”

“Ah! Y-yes. Thanks…” –You said softly and kept your face down grasping tightly to your bag strap. –“I’ll be right down.”

You walked up the stairs following his directions, and Youngjae just kept his eyes your direction until you disappeared behind the wall. He then proceeded to breath out the air he had held in and shook his head. Pabo.

 

--

 

After spending several minutes on the bathroom and changing to another set of clothes you had brought in case you got wet in the beach, which actually got a bit wet because of the rain. You walked down the stairs. You found Youngjae on the couch, and when he heard your steps he looked towards you. Obviously he noticed the difference on you, but he chose to keep quiet about it.

“Come sit.” –He politely gestured to the other seat.

You bowed curtly while bitting the inside of your lip sat down, and put your bag aside. Discretely you examined the room altogether, until Youngjae’s voice woke you from your thoughts.

“You want something to drink?” –He said getting up.

You nodded, and replied that you wanted water, and he left to the kitchen. From over your shoulder you watched him walk to the kitchen, and when he was out of sight you sighed and this time you shook your head and let out a deep sigh.

 

Not being a viable option to keep feeling that nervous, you decided to distract your mind. Looking around you spotted some photos hanging by the walls, and others on some tables.

Since he was on the kitchen, you got up and walked over to see them from up close. A smile appeared on your face when you recognized one of the younger boys in the photos. There were some photos of a family of four, and you could deduce that it was Youngjae’s mother and father and older brother. Good looks ran in the family indeed.

Your eyes scanned over to other photos, and you saw one where a younger Youngjae was half lying down on a couch, wearing a dark colored blazer which you instantly recognized as the middle school uniform.

He had a blank expression with his eyes looking elsewhere. He looked as handsome as he did now, but obviously younger and with his natural dark hair color. You wondered what could’ve been going through his mind then with that serious look he had, but even so you couldn’t help but to think of how charming he looked.

 

Youngjae came out of the kitchen with two glasses filled with water and found you looking at some old photos. He quietly walked over to where you were and cleared . You looked back and he held the glass to you which you took and thanked him.

“This is you isn’t it?” –You pointed at the photo you were previously seeing with your free hand.

He nodded and you turned to the photo analyzing closely.

“That photo’s from when we were still in middle school, after I moved here.” –He added.

You chuckled at his expression on his photo.

“What were you thinking so much of? You look so deep in thought.” –You joked with your eyes set on the photo; you didn’t catch Youngjae’s expression as he stared at you.

His lips pressed into a faint smile, which indicated clearly the answer to your question was closer than you imagined. He remembered very well when that photo was taken, and how much his family, especially his brother, after he realized he had been photographed without realizing when he was lost in his thoughts. A small chuckle escaped his lips, but he quickly drank from his glass and looked away.

You looked up to find Youngjae simply sipping on his water. Picking up the photo, you placed it next to his face, even when he wondered what you were doing, but still he didn’t make a move or flinch.

“Why did you dye your hair blonde?”

Youngjae was taken by surprise by your sudden question, he felt a bit flushed that you asked it. He blushed even more when you moved your eyes from him to the photo as if you were analyzing him.

“I just wanted to try out something d-different… You know stand out…” –He rubbed his neck and looked down to you. –“Why do y-you ask though?”

You looked at the photo. “I just saw the photo and I guess since I hadn’t seen you with your natural hair color for a while now, so I was just curious.” –You looked at him again with a small grin he quickly took notice of. –“But if you ask me, you don’t need anything like that to stand out… Just being you is enough.”

Youngjae’s expression softened, and he looked away smiling. You didn’t know where the sudden confession came from, but you said it, and seeing him act shyly about it made your heart flutter.

He looked away, and you put the photo back on the table. Even when you didn’t see him, you could feel his eyes straight on you and he had a smile over his lips.

Unconsciously you managed to change the awkward atmosphere between the two of you, and moreover you had made his day ten times better.

When the door opened the two of you walked over to the door. A lady walked inside with some bags, whom you quickly recognized as the woman in the family photo. She quickly glanced at you two.

“Youngjae dear!” –She beamed.

You could really tell they hadn’t seen each other in a long time by her reaction.

“Let me help you with that!” –You quickly rushed to her who had her hands full and took two from her.

She eyed you, and then Youngjae with a scheming look.

“Thank you, and who might you be?” –She asked still eyeing the two of you with a faint smirk.

You bowed at her with a smile careful not to break anything on the bags with your greeting. “I’m Park ____, Mrs. Yoo. Nice to meet you!”

Her smile widened and gestured you to follow her to the kitchen.

“I don’t like formalities dear. Call me Eunhye!” –She simply said.

You smiled and followed her, and Youngjae took the bags from you and softly you thanked him.

“You have a very nice home, Mrs. Yoo.” –You said not feeling too fond quickly of calling her by the name, but it earned a playful yet intimidating glare from her, so you corrected. –“Eunhye…”

She smiled and thankfully accepted your compliment as she got the things out from the bags. Youngjae put the one he was holding on the counter, and his mother turned to him.

“Youngjae, it’s been a while since you’ve came!” –She walked to him leaving the cans and other things behind and hugged him.

Youngjae patted on his mother’s back. “You know I’ve been busy lately, the college entry exams are coming soon so I took the chance now before I get busier to come.” –He pulled back. –“Did I tell you I’m on a special group that’s helping out with the play?”

She smiled proudly. “Really? That sounds fun!”

“Yes! And it is. We are preparing the music for the play of the last year, the biggest one.” –He turned to you. –“___-ah’s the lead of the play.” –He proudly referred to you.

You looked down shyly not having expected him to put you in the spotlight.

“Woah… Pretty, kind and talented. ”

You were flustered by her compliment and very shyly gave your thanks.

Youngjae’s mother made the rest easier. She was really easy to talk to and really sweet. You could see where Youngjae got most of his personality from. Although when he knew something was wrong he was strict, he always showed his good heart.

Something similar to when Youngjae came over to dinner to your home happened between the three of you. Youngjae’s mother was going to do dinner, and you offered t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter