Chapter 33

Remind Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 33

 

“So… What have I been missing out from your life?” –Sarah said then took a bite from the food of her plate.

You were busy on your own, but looked up rather confused by her sudden question. You were both enjoying the breakfast your mother kindly prepared for the two of you and Sarah had begun the conversation.

“What are you talking about?” –You gave another bite of one of the side dishes.

“You know, we’ve been too busy to even talk and I feel like I’ve missed out on half of your life.” –You rolled your eyes at her exaggeration and she added. –“Come on, one moment you tell me about your feelings for him, and just yesterday I see him even bonding with your family. I thought they couldn’t stand him either, I didn’t think they’d be like that when they actually met him.”

You chuckled at her words that were nothing but true. “They were actually just as you when they met him, my dad even kicked him out…”

Sarah chuckled amused by that. “Have I ever told you how much I admire your father?” –She joked and you slapped playfully her arm.

“Sarah…” –She gave up on her little personal joke and kept eating leaving you a chance to continue. –“I was afraid they wouldn’t let me talk to him even after everything I said about him, but they softened up to him.”

She scoffed and stabbed on her pancake from the other plate in a furious matter and muttered. “What’s with him that everybody likes him?”

You rested your hand and dreamily sighed. “He’s a nice guy… I know you like him too.”

Sarah glared at your teasing and put her plate away. “I never said I liked him, I said I’d give him a chance which is completely different.” –She stated as a matter of fact.

“Whatever you say Sa-Rah…” –You said sarcastically with a teasing smile and picked up your plate.

Instead of being teased she shook her head at your comment and got up from the table. You were in the process of washing your dishes when someone knocked at the door.

“Could you get that Sarah? I can do the dishes…”

She agreed and walked towards the door; but once she opened it confusion was written all over both her face and the person who came to visit.

“Good morning…?” –She furrowed her eyebrows.

Youngjae had the same expression as her and waved sheepishly.

“Good morning Sarah…”

“Who’s there?” –You yelled from the kitchen.

“It’s Youngjae…” –She yelled back over her shoulder, then spoke to him. –“What are you doing here so early?”

Sarah’s tone wasn’t demanding nor too friendly either, so Youngjae was a little taken aback.

“I-uh came to walk ___-ah to school… Um… what about… you?” –He asked back although he had remembered that Sarah had stayed over, but he didn’t want to end the conversation awkwardly.

“I’m her friend; I have a justified reason to be here.” –She eyed him and placed her hand on her hip with attitude.

Youngjae blinked repeatedly and pressed his lips into a thin line, he really didn’t expect to have an encounter with Sarah so early, especially a Sarah who didn’t seem to be happy at all to see him. Thankfully for him you were already making your way to the door. You brightened up once you took a glance at the intimidated boy.

“Hey Youngjae!” –You said right before catching up to the tense atmosphere.

Sarah turned to you with an intense glare which just as Youngjae took you aback.

“Everything okay here?” –You pointed at the two of them.

“Everything’s great! And you got your personal body guard to school… He said he came to walk you there. Didn’t know you two were that close.” –Sarcasm was evident in Sarah’s tone, and also a hint of annoyance.

You chuckled nervously, she was trying to imply something else and you knew exactly what it was.

“We can all go together! You don’t mind that at all right Youngjae?”

It was the only way you could try to ease the tension. Although Youngjae was expecting the walk to be only the two of you, he wasn’t going to complain about you wanting to include your friend. She was after all there too, and he didn’t want to send the wrong message to her. He acceded with a smile, and Sarah after giving him another glare went to get her things leaving the two of you alone.

You turned to Youngjae and beam an eye smile to again try to get rid of the tension Sarah’s over reacting caused. A talk with her would have to wait until later.

“Did I come in a bad time?” –He asked confused about Sarah’s attitude towards his sudden appearance, she was really giving him mixed signals. One moment she was nice to him, then the school year started and things went back to how they used to.

“No… Not at all, stay here; I’ll go get my things.”

You turned around feeling the heat rush in your face, the talk that was supposed to wait for later, you were going to have it now. At least to try and clear things up before the walk to school, or else that could turn disastrous.

“Sarah what do you think you’re doing? I know you have mixed feelings towards him, but you don’t have to make him feel uncomfortable and embarrass me…”

She cocked her eyebrow and swung her bag to her back.

“So you are that close…”

You scoffed and crossed your arms; you knew what she was implying.

“If you think that Youngjae are dating then you are wrong…”

“Then what is he doing here so early, to ‘walk you’…” -She quoted with her fingers the last part.

“It’s the first time he’s done that Sarah… We are friends; I see nothing wrong in it… Why should you?”

She was being overly critical; it was because she really disliked him to begin with that she was being that way. But there was no need to make Youngjae feel bad.

“B-Because…” –She looked down, her attitude changed completely, and bit her lip before speaking softly. –“He’s been spending more time with my best friend than I have…”

You heard her clearly, you were even surprised by the tone she used.

“Is that what this is all about?”

“We barely spend any time together now! Lately I feel like we barely see each other. I was thinking that we may actually get to spend this time just you and I and catch up.”

She protested, you chuckled and she looked up offended.

“Why are you laughing? This is not funny… I’m serious!”

Although she was always the most mature one, she was acting childishly and a bit possessive at the moment. But still it was adorable, but she was your best friend, and if she thought that someone could replace her then she was wrong.

“Sarah… No matter how I feel about anyone in my life, no one, and I mean no one can ever replace you, even if we’re miles apart or haven’t seen or talked to each other in a long time. You’re my only best friend…”

Sarah knew that in the back of her mind, but hearing you say it reassured her even more. And you finally got what you were looking for, she smiled and you brought her in for a hug. You were one of the most valuable persons in Sarah’s life, and she would do her best to keep you close to her, especially after the recent up and downs in your friendship. You are also part of my future… And I’d like to keep it that way.

 

 

The walk to school mostly consisted in small talk between you and Youngjae and little remarkable comments by Sarah. You were a bit intimidated by the fact that Sarah was going to be there, since she sometimes acted up on him, but things went rather smoothly. Also Youngjae seemed to appreciate that things between him and Sarah were no longer like the morning’s little incident.

Sarah was a delicate girl, but when someone brought out her attitude, she could do some serious damage. And Youngjae made sure to be extra careful about anything he said in front of her. This was going

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter