Chapter 3

Remind Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  Chapter 3

 

“Well everyone, it’s that time of the year again! We are almost done for this semester and it’s time for you to begin the arrangements for the play the 10th grade group always gets assigned for their year of High School. I'm pretty sure you all have heard of it.” –Mrs. Lee said as she made an annotation in the board.

The students began to murmur and some of them looked at each other with excitement. That play is the biggest accomplishment for all the students that enroll in this group, therefore, their reaction was to be expected.

You had almost forgotten about it, with all the things you've had lately in your mind, but it did make a big change in your future. How could I forget about it? Didn't Youngjae say I was in charge of it?

She turned around and put her hands together with the marker in between. 

"This is one of the biggest performances of this school if not the biggest and where you'll be able to show everyone what you've learned so far, and what you're bound to learn. I know you guys may be thinking that it's still too early for us to begin with this, but, let me assure you. It's never early enough to put on a good show. And that's going to be our goal. And I know you guys may be worried about your acting skills from now, but let me assure you, don't worry about that. We are all going to keep learning together. It's all part of the learning process.You're going to develop as actors and actresses as this project begins, it's going to be an unique experience for all of you. "

She pointed at the whole class with a smile.

"The auditions will be 1 month from today, so that will be enough time for you guys to prepare. The scripts you can use for the audition will be held out after class. And the actual performance will be after your last day of school."

She motioned at the whole group.

"All of the acting performing arts faculty and the school in general have good expectation for this group, so give it your all, show everyone what you guys are capable of!" -She said enthusiastically.

“So... Behind every good show, there's always a good leader, and this one won't be an exception.” -Again she put her hands together and asked. -"Who wishes to be the responsible person to make this play a success?"

You glanced up at the board when you heard her question. She had written ‘Team Leader’ on the board and turned around.

“Is anyone interested?” –She asked glancing around the classroom.

Sunhwa immediately raised her hand. “I nominate myself if I may.”

Some students looked at each other in disagreement except for her closest friends who seemed excited. The professor raised her eyebrow and glanced again at all the class. “Remember, in this position you have to be in charge of the most important decisions of the play, other than the audition itself. In other words the person for this position is responsible for the success of this play. We need a responsible and trust worthy person.” –She emphasized those two qualities. –“Are you up for it?”

The question was directed at the eager girl raising her hand. The professor nodded slowly taking another glance at the class room and wrote her name down. 

“I nominate myself as well.” –You took the courage, stood up and raised your hand.

Sunhwa kept her composure when she heard you speak up, but she clenched her fist as she kept her eye straight in the teacher.

Mrs. Lee turned around and surreptitiously smiled. “Alright then. Anyone else?” –She said as she wrote your name. Turning around no one else raised their hands. –“Well, since the whole group is going to be taking part of this, how about we make it fair and you guys choose which you want to be the leader. Remember, from this choice the whole performance's success depends on. So choose wisely.”

Sunhwa turned around practically throwing daggers at you with her eyes. She turned around and sat straight keeping a normal façade in front of the teacher. You took your seat back and looked to your side where you saw a couple of your classmates giving you thumbs up and smiling, except for the couple of girls that were close to Sunhwa that now glared at you furiously.

You felt sorry for her somehow, but you couldn’t risk changing anything. I’m sorry Sunhwa but this is my future we’re dealing with; I can’t let anyone ruin this for me.

 

--

 

“Ugh. I can’t believe she won over me.” –Sunhwa cro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter