Chapter 23

Remind Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 23

 

“Wait… Blame me?” –You got up and shook your head in disbelief.

Somehow her words made you feel guilty, though that wasn’t true at all.

“When you and I started to spend more time together, he would question me why we were together all the time. And when I found out his true intentions, I called things off. And somehow he put you in the picture. He said that it was your fault, he’s always thought you’ve only been with me because of interest.”

“He thought I knew about it?” –You put your finger in your chest offended.

She nodded. “I tried to convince him that you had nothing to do with it, but he’s always known how to blame his faults on others. He wanted me and all I could bring for him.”

“Why didn’t you tell me this Sarah?” –You asked and approach her.

She sighed and looked at you. “You were always so busy with school and everything; I couldn’t put another problem on you. I just tried to settle things as I could on my own and leave you out of it.”

She raised her voice and added. “What could you do about it anyway ___-ah? Even if you knew whatever you would do would just anger him even more.”

“I know you’ve worried about me Sarah, but even if I didn’t meddle into it, he would’ve tried to do something anyways.”

She tilted her head. “W-what do you mean? Did he do something to you already?”

Doo Joon still hadn’t tried anything yet, but from what you knew already, he would someday.

“No, he hasn’t.” –You put your hand on her shoulder. –“What am saying is, you shouldn’t go through all these things alone.”

It’s a coincidence how these trust issues would just surface like this. But if there’s something you learned, is that the past should be left behind sometimes.

Suddenly there was a knock in your cabin door, and you both looked to the door.

“Sarah? ___-ah?”  -Mrs. Lee’s voice sounded from the other side.

“We’ll finish this talk later.” –You whispered to Sarah before turning to the door.

Mrs. Lee and the other teacher’s and counselors were standing right before your cabin, all of them very concerned.

“Is everything alright?” –She asked glancing in to Sarah who just turned away.

You shrugged, and welcomed them to come in.

“Can you please go out while we do the search? If you don’t mind.” –Mrs. Lee cautiously asked.

Sarah nodded and let out a sigh. “No problem.”

You followed Sarah out the door. It was such a tense night for the both of you. Sarah kept walking ahead of you until she spoke up.

“I’m sorry I kept this from you.” –She took a small deep breath. –“I kept telling you about trust, when I couldn’t even bring myself to do that in the first place.”

There were many unanswered questions, but the fact that she brought herself to tell you even after all this time was enough for you.

“Trust me when I say things will work out wonderfully for you Sarah.”

She let out a small chuckle. “I know they will, but sometimes it gets hard to believe.”

Seeing her like this, you wished you could tell her about the amazing things she did in her future.  But you couldn’t yet tell her about all that, things had to go step by step if they had to work out like it’s supposed to. Not even you could bring yourself to rush to things, or else everything could fall right of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter