I smile because…

Stay away from ME

Jae’s POV

I entered the coffee shop and sat on a table. Some days have passed since the robber incident.

I didn’t ask a thing about it to BoA after Yunho left, but maybe thanks to that things were back to normal.

I still had many questions in my head…

so many possibilities for explaining everything that had happened since BoA appeared,

but I didn’t want to think more about it.

It was good enough that she had started to be more talkative, even if it was about random things…

 

Even the other day when Junsu came, she didn’t act strange and they got along pretty well.

But the funny thing was that she was surprised with his laugh…and that made him laugh even more.

 

Suddenly I heard my phone ringing and I saw Yunho’s name on the screen.

“Jae! How is this possible?!” He shouted surprising me.

“Hello to you too, Yunho.” I said calmly.

“Don’t change the subject! How come EVERYONE knows about your dates with BoA and I don’t?...

I was planning on helping you, BUT you already made a move!”

 

Sometimes he could be such a drama…king…

“What dates? We hav-”

“Don’t deny it! Junsu told me that you take her to the coffee fair and

Hyun Joong told me about the concert! And Li Yin….”Blah blah…

 

I sighed and smiled.

It seemed that my friends were making a complot for BoA and me to spend time together…

It wasn’t a bad idea….

 

“Jae, tell me! How come I was the only one that didn’t know!?” Yunho’s voice interrupted my thoughts.

 

I started laughing.

“Aren’t I your best friend!? If I hadn’t interrupted Suyin’s romantic dinner, I would have never known…”

“Did you interrupt their dinner?”

I HAD to laugh at that!...Sometimes Jung Yunho, the heir of the Jung family, acted just like a kid.

 

“It doesn’t matter…I needed confirmation for the news I had received…the thing is…

WAIT! Where are you now?”

 

“In the coffee shop…” I answered confused.

“But today is Wednesday…OH! You are there to see BoA!” He said excitedly.

Was he really that eager for us to be together?

But it was fun to annoy him too.

“Stop with that Yunho…I will hung up!”

“See? Invite me to your wedding. Oh…but of course I will be your bestman.” He said and started laughing.

 

I laughed too before hanging up since BoA had come downstairs.

“Ready to go?” I asked her.

“Yes…Let’s go.” She said walking to the door.

 

I was going to hang out with BoA again, but in a friendly way as always....

Like every piano lesson or our visits to the bookstore, but this time it was also about work.

I wanted to buy some new cups for the shop.

We got in the bus and she sat near the window.

The bus wasn’t full and I smiled happily to the couple of kids that

were with their grandma on the sits beside ours.

 

Suddenly I heard BoA sigh.

“BoA, are you alright?” I asked. It had passed some time since the last time I heard her sigh.

“Yes…it’s just that I saw the date on the panel we just passed and it reminded me that…

today is my birthday.” She said calmly.

 

“WHAT?!” I shouted in my head.

My eyes widened and I chocked.

“Jae…?” She called me patting my back.

“Why didn’t you tell me?... Did you really forget that today is your birthday?”  I asked the last part sadly.

 

“I don’t remember the last time I celebrated it, but I’m used to it…

no need for a present or something…” She said calmly.

 

But on the contrary I was completely shocked.

Today was her birthday and she wasn’t planning on celebrating it or asking for a present.

It’s not that those thing where the most important,

but she wasn’t even planning on telling me if I didn’t ask.

I looked at her in confusion, but she just look to the window as if nothing had happened.

 

But I wasn’t going to leave it like that. I knew that the rest of my friends were really busy.

Even Yunho that called to complain like a kid had many meetings to attend.

But I had decided to celebrate her birthday with my own style.

 

 

BoA’s POV

I was looking through the window, when I saw a panel showing the date.

It was my birthday but I barely remember it. My past birthdays I had spent them practicing.

What was the point of mentioning?

Nobody cared and the only gift I received from my father was the last model of a rifle

and it was for work.

 

As I was lost in my thoughts, Jae stood up and I thought we have arrived to the mall,

but he told me to remain sitting and smiled.

 

I didn’t understand what he was doing, when he called the attention from everyone in the bus.

I would have never imagined what was going to happen next.

 

“Sorry for interrupting your trip, but this beautiful young lady here is my friend BoA

and today is her birthday. So I would like you to help me sing Happy Birthday to her.”

 

I gasped. Was he serious?

I looked down when I heard him clapping.

After a moment I looked up only to see him smiling and then everyone started singing.

I looked around and the rest of people were smiling too as if they were happy for me.

 

I haven’t heard that song in so long and

I felt touched by the fact that random people were willing to sing for me,

when the people with whom I had live with for many years haven’t even congratulated me.

 

Jae motioned me to stand up and I did it, a bit embarrassed.

He looked really happy and his smile was pure.

And then I saw two excited kids were clapping in front of us.

 

I felt like crying, and I wondered when I had turned into a cry baby,

but the moment turned really emotional for me.

 

And when the song was almost ending I looked around one more time and my eyes finally landed

on Jae and I couldn’t help but smile, a real smile.

 

I could feel my cheeks hurting, but I felt great and I couldn’t stop it from appearing.

I felt warm inside, that happy feeling that I wanted to feel since long ago

had overwhelmed me and my smile grew even more.

 

“Thanks to all…Happy birthday BoA!” Jae said happily and everyone clapped.

 

I was a bit embarrassed but my smile was still there. We sat again and I kept looking at Jae.

“Thanks Jae…” I said and he nodded.

 

His smile was still there when he suddenly turned serious.

“Sorry that I can’t do something big for your birthday…” He started saying.

I was about to cut him, because I didn’t need a party or anything like that.

What he did was more than enough for me. But he continued.

 

“…But seeing your beautiful smile it’s an enormous incentive to do all I can

to make this day unforgettable. I’ll do everything for you to never stop smiling like this.”

 

I felt myself blushing and even though I would have hated this feeling before, I continued smiling.

He was always like that, nice and caring, so different from the guys at the gang.

Jae was a sensitive guy that made me feel loved and got me closer to happiness each day.

 

Jae’s POV

I felt my heart beating rapidly.

I was going to do something I would have never thought before,

but since I couldn’t call my friends for a party I decided to improvise.

 

Luckily the people in the bus were willing to help me sing,

but at first BoA seemed annoyed and I was scared she would hate what I did.

 

But almost at the end of the song she looked at me and smiled.

Her smile was so big in comparison to the one I was used to.

It was a real smile. The one that only appears when you are truly happy…

 

She looked more beautiful with that smile on her face.

Now that she had her brown hair falling over her shoulders and her eyes were sparkling

with happiness she looked completely different to the gloomy girl that I met

and her dark look had completely vanished.

 

And I was going to keep my word to make her smile all day, everyday…

...................................................................................................................................................

(A/N) Thanks for the comments and all the support! But I have BAD NEWS…next week will be my midterm exams, so I won’t be able to post till next weekend…and just when happy things started to happen, right?...well…sorry for that, but don’t blame me…just my exams that I expect to pass XD….

*SoshiLove: Thanks for the comment! I’m glad you loved the previous update, I hope you liked this one too… =)

*elaishi: Thanks for the comment! And Yunho is such a great friend, don’t you think? He was always trying to help Jae find a gf and now he notice that Jae is interested in BoA. I love Bojoong too! I hope you liked this update too.

*SoEulmatesadmirer: Thanks for the comment! I’m glad you thought the last chapter was cute  even though at the beginning it didn’t seem like it. But yeah, Yunho is funny, he tricked Jae too…he confused Jae with his words…XD…Jae seemed lost on his own thoughts that he had saw BoA before and that she was strange and all, but when Yunho started asking BoA, he kicked him out hehe…and Jaejoong is still not sure about anything so for the moment he is being the great friend he is, but in some details you can see he looks BoA different now.

*minifantasy: Thanks for the comment…! And don’t worry about the missing chapters, I bet you were busy…Oh…money…It’s always a problem…but then I encourage you to save! Not everyone has the opportunity to go and study in other country…=)…and I’m glad that you found funny the misunderstanding. Yunho confused Jae and made him believed he liked BoA. Jae isn’t sure what he feels about BoA. He knows they had many things in common like the thing with their mothers and that they were kicked out of their houses, but many ‘dark secrets’ of BoA are the ones that confuse him, but at the same time he feels pity for her in some way, for him she had suffered a lot and that is why she acts weird, but at the same time he is starting to look at her different than before since Yunho appeared again. I didn’t know you weren’t a fan of BoA…but I’M SO HAPPY YOU LIKE HER NOW!....she had really changed her style through the time, but she is still an amazing artist, and I’m glad that my story encouraged you to watch her MV…=) Thanks for the comment again! I hope you liked this update too.