Chapter 4 - "Us"

Remembering You...

 

From the first moment that I heard your name,

Something in my heart came alive.

You showed me love that no words can explain.

A love with the power to open a door

To a world I was made for.

 

 

The next morning everything that had happened the night before was a blur. I couldn't remember exactly how I was able to lug Jiyong up the stairs to my apartment, but I did. The proof was lying passed out on my bed, which I watched from my own makeshift bed in the floor.

 

It was entertaining to watch him sleep no matter how weird it sounds. He would just lie there peacefully looking so sweet then he'd violently turn over mumbling something. Most of the time, he was telling Seunghyun to get off of him, or some Seungri to leave him alone or something along those lines. I couldn't really understand.

 

The point is that Jiyong talked in his sleep, and he made funny faces while doing so. I had stifled insane giggles as I watched him. At some point I thought maybe I was being like a stalker, but he was in my bed. I had a right of some sorts.

 

We were both in the same clothes that we wore on our partying night out and eventually I was just too disgusted to keep wearing them. Quietly, I exited the room and hurried to my bathroom. I shed the sweaty, dirty clothes that smelled of smoke and beer.

 

Instantly, goose bumps ran freely across my body, and I shivered slightly. I quickly flipped on the heat setting finally realizing what it was there for. It took a moment for the shower to heat up, but once it did I wasted no time getting in. The warmth was accepted gratefully causing my muscles to relax.

 

As I cleansed my body, my thoughts annoyingly went back to Jiyong. Now what was I going to do? I had brought a guy that I just met two days ago to my home. I paused at washing my hair and let that sink in.

 

I felt so stupid. I always acted in the spur of the moment instead of thinking things through first. What if Jiyong wakes up and, I don't know, wanted to steal something or me? It didn't seem like him, but what did I know? Maybe my mom had every right to worry about me as much as she did.

 

I tried to remember if I had anything in the small apartment to defend myself with. All that came to mind were the butter knifes in the kitchen, which didn't help me. I could land a punch on someone, but I didn't have the guts to stab a person.

 

But if Jiyong was going to do something, wouldn't he have done it last night? I mean, he had all the time after he saved me to attempt something. Instead he took me on one of the best nights of my life. It didn't add up.

 

I rinsed the remaining conditioner out of my hair and stepped out of the shower. I trusted Jiyong. Stupid to think at the time, but he never did abuse my faith in him…

 

I had a warm, soft white towel wrapped around me, but I stood there dumbly horrified. I didn't even think to bring a set of clothes to change into. My thoughts were so mixed up. I couldn't just stayed locked up in the bathroom, but I also couldn't go out there with just a towel.

 

He could be still asleep, I thought hopefully. I inhaled a huge, preparatory breath before tip-toeing out of the bathroom. I cautiously walked to my room, but once I was there I froze.

 

Jiyong's expression was of utter shock, his eyes wide like a deer in headlights, his mouth was slightly open not sure what to do or say. I'm sure my face mirrored his.

 

"I-I'm sorry!" I stood there a second longer before running over to my closet and dresser to pull out clothes. "I just thought that, you know, that you were still asleep. I didn't meant to- Aigoo!!" I sprinted from the room to the safety of the once steamy bathroom.

 

I was in the process of pulling on my jeans when I heard a booming laugh come from my bedroom.

 

 

 

 

The smell of the scrambled eggs made my mouth water especially since Jiyong had asked me to put cheese and bacon bits in them. After I had gotten over my embarrassment (and Jiyong stopped laughing), I had offered to make him something to eat. I figured since he was drunk he might need something for his stomach, and I was right because Jiyong eagerly asked for eggs.

 

"Wow, that smells a-maz-ing," Jiyong commented. I smiled, happy that he thought so.

 

"I bet all country girls know how to cook," he added. I shrugged even though I knew it was probably true. It's kind of our thing down there. I spooned all the eggs onto a place and handed it to Jiyong along with a fork.

 

I sat down at the table waiting for Jiyong to take a bite. He just stared at me for some reason.

 

"What's wrong?" I asked, worried that I cooked them wrong.

 

"Don't you want any?" His question caught me off guard, but I smiled sweetly. I waved him to go ahead and eat.

 

"Nah, I'm good." I said. Jiyong shrugged and took a generous bite. A moan escaped him allowing me to smirk, gloating. I waited patiently as he enjoyed the eggs until he was nearly finished when I asked, "Do you do other things than party?" My tone was teasing, but it was still a serious question. Jiyong swallowed another forkful of eggs.

 

"I did have a job, but I got fired." I considered this, wondering if it was okay to ask why. I figured it was an innocent enough question.

 

"Why? If you don't mind my asking…" Jiyong paused like he was trying to find right words for his explanation.

 

"I was kind of…stealing from him." He smiled sheepishly looking like a puppy who was about to get scolded. I was taken back.

 

I should've been angry and scared. I should have demanded him to leave. No…I was intrigued and leaned forward in interest.

 

"You did? Like, how could you do that? How did he catch you? What happened?" These questions profusely escaped from my mouth along with many others. Jiyong answered animatedly, happy to ignite my excitement even more and I listened intently. I was amazed even though I was skeptical on some of his exaggerations.

 

I laugh now at my childish behavior back then. I just never had met someone who had actually stole things. I never met someone who got drunk and partied good heartedly. I never met someone so high on life. I never met anyone who was as beautiful.

 

No one was like Jiyong, and I found myself falling in love with him.

 

How was that possible for me to love someone I had known for such a short period of time? I grew up with the boys from my hometown, watched them grow into men, but I never once thought I loved any of them. Mom said I was picky, and it would take forever for me to find someone.

 

Yet I went to Seoul City and after a week of getting an apartment and exploring, I bumped into a young man. A young man I would love after only two days. Once again, I was stupid. Young and stupid.

 

"I got away without a scratch. Pretty impressive, huh?" Jiyong grinned looking pleased with himself. Rolling my eyes I said, "So he threw knifes at you, and not one hit you?"

 

"Yup."

 

"And that chair he charged at you with, you dodged that too?"

 

"Um, yeah."

 

"And he cornered you in a back alley with a lead pipe first?"

 

"The details of the story don't really matter. What matters is I got away." Jiyong flashed his smile making my heart melt. I knew then that I would see that smile every time I would close my eyes, every time I dreamt. I could never forget even if I had the desire to.

 

"Of course," I laughed. It was a silent after that, and we just stared at each other. Conceitedly I thought that he must like me as well just by the way he looked at me. He had to like me.

 

If he didn't, I was sure I'd be…What was that term? Heartbroken.

 

Ah, I was so young, so stupid.

 

Jiyong glanced at the old-fashioned clock I had on my wall and instantly, his face fell in resigned disappointment. His eyes met mine again, and I felt something stir in my stomach. I didn't like how he looked like; it didn't suit him.

 

"What's wrong?" The words flew out of my mouth without my meaning them to. The regret in my voice was clear, and I blushed slightly. Jiyong gave me an apologetic look.

 

"I should go now."

 

I don't know why I didn't say anything normal like "Oh, okay. Well, I hope you feel better" or "Stay out of trouble then". No, I just stayed silent as we left my kitchen, and I walked him to the door. I do know that I had so much emotion building up within me.

 

He was outside my door now and all I had to do was close it. I didn't. I took a step after him, I guess I was going to walk him to the sidewalk, and I tripped over the welcome mat. He caught me, being my superman. I looked up, scared, into his smothering, brown eyes. It was too much for both of us to handle.

 

Our lips met, and he gave me my first kiss. His lips were soft and gentle, only his stubble was rough. I was able to stand up with his arms cradling me protectively. My arms wrapped around his neck causing our kiss to deepen.

 

Yes, our love happened quickly that it didn't seem as if it were real. I assure it you was because our love was simple. There were no riddles, challenges, obstacles, mixed feelings, nothing. It was just him and me. Us.

 

We were young and finally in love.

 

 


 

Maybe you're wondering how things happen fast. Lol. This is just a short story. 7 chapters to be exact. So, there. :)