Chapter 37

Love, Lust, Lies : A diary of a broken wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


“Why did you do it?” Daesung asked Kiko. They were now in a private room in one of the Kwons restaurant. Daesung asked Jiyong a favor and said he wanted to talk to Kiko. The two of them told Dara about it first and it was her who suggested to meet here. 

What Kiko didn’t know was the whole gang were eavesdropping again using the earpiece like before. 

“Honestly? Because I wanted to get Jiyong.” Kiko answered nonchalantly. 

Daesung can’t believe that she’s back to being a cold hearted woman again. The warm and sweet woman he fell for was not the one sitting in front of him. Today she was back to the ruthless Kiko everyone knew. 

“Why me?” Daesung asked trying to control his anger. 

“Because among other’s you were the only one I actually had with?” Kiko answered coldly staring straight into Daesung’s eyes. 

“You think you’d get away with it?” Daesung asked. 

“Well if only my manager was careful that day and the little Kwon didn’t hear it then yes, I would’ve flown to Europe and hid from you.” Kiko answered without hesitation. 

---- 

“This sounds like a question and answer in a variety show.” Bom whispered suddenly they were all in a van listening to what the two were talking about. 

“Shhhhh!” Sohee warned her to keep quiet. 

---- 

“So everything we’ve done it was just nothing to you?” Daesung suddenly blurted. 

“Oh boy.” Top said upon hearing Daesung’s question while Bom shushed him. 

Kiko didn’t answer. Daesung waited for her but she just stared at him. 

“Don’t stare at me, answer the question.” Daesung said getting mad slowly. 

But Kiko turned her gaze away and stared at the view from the window. 

“ANSWER ME!” Daesung shouted startling Kiko and the people inside the van listening to them. 

“What do you want me to say Daesung?” Kiko asked looking back at him raising an eyebrow. 

“I don’t know, something! I want to know why you did that to me.” Daesung answered. 

Kiko didn’t answer and looked away. “It doesn’t matter anymore.” Kiko stood up, turned her back and started walking towards the door when Daesung stood up and shouted. 

“IT DOES TO ME!” Kiko stopped from walking by now tears are falling across her cheeks and she can no longer look back. She doesn’t want to look back. She doesn’t want Daesung to see her weak. 

“WAS THAT ALL A LIE KIKO? DID YOU LIE WHEN YOU TOLD ME YOU LOVE ME? THAT NIGHT WHEN YOU HELD MY FACE AND LOOKED STRAIGHT TO MY EYES I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT WASN’T A LIE.” Daesung’s emotion exploded and he can no longer control both the tears and his anger. He felt it or at least he believed he felt it that’s why he doesn’t understand why Kiko doesn’t want to answer. 

“WHEN YOU HELD MY HAND, THE WAY YOU LOOK AT ME, WAS THAT ALL ACTING KIKO?” 

Kiko still didn’t turn to face Daesung. For her she could no longer go back to him. Too much damage has been done, and she didn’t want him to give up anything that he has right now just for her. 

“ANSWER ME!” Daesung shouted making Kiko jump out of shock. “AFTER EVERYTHING YOU’VE DONE I THINK I DESERVE AN EXPLANATION.” 

Kiko held her head high and slowly turned to face Daesung with tears on her cheeks but her eyes were cold.  “You want to know the truth? I couldn’t just let Dara win over Jiyong. I was never the type to accept losing. That night when Dara found out I had to make a plan right away. You were the only one that I had made out with I couldn’t blame others for it.” 

“The plan was to get Dara’s pity and have everyone trust me again and when they do I’ll make Dara and Jiyong fight over silly things and when they break up I will be there for Jiyong. That was the plan. But after you being so good to me I started to have feelings for you and it came to a point that I was already in love with you.” Kiko continued explaining while resisting to cry. 

“Why didn’t you tell me when you found out that I love you? Why didn’t you choose to be honest with me?” Daesung asked grabbing Kiko with both hands and shook her slightly. 

“BECAUSE I WAS IN SCARED DAE!” Kiko confessed. “I was so scared that you wouldn’t believe me anymore and that you would just turn your back on me. I wanted to so many times. I tried with Dara but all I could ever say was sorry. These past few weeks I was just savoring my moments with you before I leave for good.” 

Dae let go of her and wiped the tears that won’t stop from falling. “I would’ve fought for you Kiko. If you loved me that much you would’ve thought that I would stay by your side no matter what.” 

“That’s exactly what I don’t want you to do Dae.” Kiko told Daesung. 

Daesung looked at her intently wondering why she doesn’t want him to fight for her. 

“I don’t want you to give up everything you have right now. I just want you to give me up.” Kiko said. “We will never work out. I already did more damage than I should’ve and some are beyond repair.” 

Daesung grabbed Kiko’s arms with his two hands and leaned his forehead on Kiko’s forehead. “We can try.” He said but Kiko turned her back and was about to walk away when Daesung knelt in front of her hugging her legs so she won’t be able to move. 

“Don’t….” he pleaded. Kiko held back all the tears and started wearing that cold expression again. 

“It’s too late Dae, I’m leaving for New York 2 days from now. I got a job offer there from this magazine, they will pay for my expenses until I can stand on my own. I’m taking that offer. So I can leave far away from here.” Kiko said coldly and made Daesung let go of her legs. 

Kiko walked out of the door and never looked back. Inside her car, she burst into tears regretting she ever hurt the man who would probably accept everything she is. 


Meanwhile… one by one the gang got out of the van and the boys hurriedly rushed to Daesung. When they entered the restaurant Daesung was still on his knees crying and hitting himself. The boys had to drag him up and restrain him from hurting himself. While the girls are heartbroken at the sight of the smiling Daesung so weak and helpless. 

“So she took the job offer from V…” CL whispered to Dara who in return glared her eyes warning her to shut up. 

But it was too late Daesung was ab

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter