Chapter 11

Love, Lust, Lies : A diary of a broken wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


March 2012 

*RING RING* 

“Yoboseo?” Jiyong answered his mobile excitedly. 

“Hey babe.” Dara greeted. There was chaos on the background and Jiyong could hear CL panicking over some belts. 

“Let me guess, you won’t make it for our dinner reservations?” Jiyong sighed. 

“I’m so sorry babe. I promise to make it up to you. It’s just that you know how the kids and I are leaving 2 days from now for the fashion show in the U.S. right? I have to finish everything here by tonight.” Dara explained. 

Jiyong looked at the bouquet of flowers placed on the passenger seat of his car and then sighed. 

“Ok, I’ll see you at home.” 

“Thanks babe. I love you” Dara said hanging up. 

“I love you too.” Jiyong said staring at his mobile phone before dialing another number. “Seungri-ah! Where are you? Well, she’s busy and I think she forgot.” 

Our second child, a girl whom we named Hana, popped out in this world on January 2012. Jiyong was in Japan with the whole YG Family for a concert. It was Sohee and Bom who took me to the hospital that time while CL was the one panicking not knowing what to do. 

My hands became fuller now that I have two kids, a publishing house and our other businesses too. Bom and MInzy have finished university already and was already helping me in handling the restaurants. CL was still with me in the publishing company. 

I’ve become too complacent with Jiyong and how he demands so little from me that I tend to forget that I also have wife duties to him.  For the past 4 years of our married life Jiyong and I never had a serious fight. We never really did that shouting, pointing at each other, blaming one another, thing. We had misunderstandings but then we see to it that we talk about it right away, May it be in person or over the phone when we’re apart. 

But I guess my husband has his limits also. I guess all married couple has to go through that stage, whether you let it break you or make you go stronger is all up to you. 


The next day Dara and CL were busy with meetings outside the office.  It was already late in the afternoon when they got back to the office. 

“WHAT THE 30 missed calls?” Dara wondered when she saw her mobile phone. She had left it earlier in the office as they were already late in a meeting. 

“What is it?” CL asked upon seeing Dara’s eyes widened while reading her messages. 

“Let’s go.” Dara said hurriedly gathering her things and dragging CL out of the office. 


After 15 minutes the girls arrived at the hospital and Dara hurriedly went inside the emergency room searching for her son. She saw the group by the hallway and saw Taehyun in one of the beds. 

“Mommy!!!!!” Taehyun shouted upon seeing her mother. 

“Oh my God, I’m so sorry sweetie, what happened?” Dara asked tears filling up her eyes upon seeing the bandage on Taehyun’s forehead. 

“I’m a big boy now mommy! I’ve got 5 stiches!” Taehyun told her mother proudly. 

Dara turned and faced the nanny. "What happened?" 

"Well he was playing by the pool but then he slipped and hit his head. I was inside getting his snacks and when I noticed that he was not making anymore noises I took a peek and saw him lying there and blood was gushing out from his temple. I panicked and tried to call you Dara-shi but you weren't picking up. I tried calling Jiyong-shi but then he wasn't picking up either. So I called the ambulance instead and when we got here I tried calling your office but then they said you went out on a meeting, I tried calling Jiyong-shi's office but they said he had a schedule until I got through Teddy-shi and he came here." the nanny explained nervously fearing that she might get fired. 

"Auntie CL, you wanna see my stitches?" Taehyun asked his auntie as if nothing has happened. 

"Uhmm no thanks sweetheart, I think Auntie prefers seeing the bandage instead." CL said smiling at him. 

Then Jiyong and Teddy entered the room and saw them.   

"Where have you been? We've been trying to reach you!" Jiyong said softly but you could see the rage in his eyes. 

"I, I was out the whole day and I left the phone... I... I'm sorry" Dara apologized not being able to look at Jiyong's eyes. 

"Daddy can we go home now?" Taehyun asked oblivious at what's happening. 

"Yes. Let's go? You ride with Uncle Teddy, Auntie CL and your Noona ok? Mom and I will ride on her car we need to talk ok?" Jiyong explained holding his sons hand. 

For the first time in 4 years I didn't want to ride home with my husband.  Even if he's not talking you can sense the anger he's feeling and I was actually scared. 

"I want you to quit in the publishing house." Jiyong blurted as soon as they got inside the car. 

Dara was shocked by his request."What? Are you insane?" 

"Then just let CL take over but important matters will still be decided by you." Jiyong insisted looking straight on the road. 

Anger was now building up inside Dara. How could her husband even suggest such a thing!? "Are you hearing yourself right now Jiyong?" 

"Dara, you have a family now who needs you and what happened today just.. 

"What happened today is an isolated case." Dara cut him in what he was going to say. 

"What if it happens again? What if something happens to the kids and this time the nanny is not around to save them? What are you going to do then?” Jiyong gritted his teeth still staring at the road his grip on the steering wheel was still tight. 

“That won’t happen!” Dara ins
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter