Chapter 3

Heart In A Freeze
 
chapter 3;

Yoomi happily beamed and brushed her fingertips against the texture of her enrollment paper. 

She only had roamed here on this school for some hours, but mind you, she already fell inlove with this place for the first sight. Prior with that, she studied on a public school where only limited places can be admired.

On the contrary, she can sensed that this school is a school where she sees herself staying for a long time.

*Kai must be lucky. He's studying here.* 

She glanced faraway at the distance, particularly at the sea of students happily chatting and joking around with each other.

The bell suddenly rang for a break and instantly the number of students skyrocketed and she would have to squeeze in on the vast crowd she's currently in.

Suddenly, a tap behind her back came towards her. She spunned around, only to see her mother and new father. She smiled unto them.

"Yoomi, it's almost time for a lunch break. I think we should eat now." Her mother instructed.

"Good idea, yeobo." Mr. Kim agreed on the idea.

Yoomi looped her arms on her mother's arms before abandoning the area to gone off on the canteen of the school.

 

 

 

A ball suddenly hitted exactly on the back of Kai's head whilst walking on the hallway. He flinched at the hit and scratched his newly swollen head. He turned around and saw his friend grinning.

"Yaahh!!"

"Not me. The ball flew on it's own."

"Stupid." Kai hissed before rolling his eyes.

His friend just chuckled with his deep voice. When his friend laughs, his hair bounced back and forth so as his arms, making him really look stupid. "Forever loser." 

"Shutup Chanyeol. You're just tall but you're stupid."

"Yaahh, I am hurt!!" Chanyeol ducked his head down on Kai's shoulders, feigning to be crying. 

Chanyeol is Kai's senior but he acts as if he is ten years younger than Kai.

"You hurt Chanyeol's feelingssss. Wuhuhuhu." He is obviously joking around. He take away Chanyeol's head away from his arms.

"Stupid. Why am I with these people?" Kai rolled his eyes.

His friends might be lunatic and seems to be demented, but to them, he only had felt the real feeling of being home.

Suddenly a very small ruckus threatens to come towards them. It wasn't late when they had noticed, it was two of their friends, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo  who were in a verge of having a clash of ideas.

Baekyun and Kyungso were of the same class only but they seldom agreed with each other's idea and always ended up in a childish arguements. Either way, they are still friends that would understand and help each other at the time of deperate need.

Kai growled in frustration. "Another stupids." He rolled his eyes.

"No Mr. Nam didn't say it, are you stupid?!" Baekyun cried, particularly on Kyungsoo.

"Shutup! Look who's stupid! Twelve plus nine equals to thirty? You make me laugh, Baekyunnie." Kyungsoo laughed upon recalling Baekyun's answer on a oral recitation on their Math period just hours ago.

"What? Baek, are you serious? Twelve plus nine equals thirty? Have you eaten a poop lately?" Chanyeol consorted Kyungsoo with the teasing.

"Shutuppp. Or I'll tell Jaehyun about you pooping on a mall." Baekhyun countered. 

Jaehyun is Chanyeol's love of his life. Only, Chanyeol isn't Jaehyun's love of her life. He's been chasing her for a long time now but due to his stupidly and dorky acts, he had always failed to impress Jaehyun.

"Ssssh. You ! They might hear you!" He was covering Baekyun's mouth.

"Khkkgkgkggnbbmnbmmmbjvv." Baekyun mumbles something but couldn't be heard because of Chanyeol's gigantic hands. Chanyeol retrieve back his hands away from Baekhyun before shaking it.

"Ugggh, gross. Your saliva on my hands." He wiped his hands on Baekhyun's shirt.

"Yaaaahhhh!!" Baekyun bawled, childishly stomping on his feet.

"Shut it, you stupids!! I'm hungry." Kai howled before leaving away the area. His friends followed suit.

 

 

 

Kai together with his company opens the transparent glass door of the canteen. Since it was time for a break, many students piled up within their own circle of friends.

Kai scanned the whole vicinity to find any possible vacant seats for them to seat on until his eyes landed on someone he doesn't expect he will be seeing here. It was his father together with his newly formed family.

They were sharing stories, exchanging smiles, laughing and every definition of a happy family eating could ever define that it almost arouse Kai's jealousy. They even shared their noodles with each other.

Meanwhile, Yoomi's can sense someone's starring. She searched for that stare and it had lead her to the direction of the front door. Her eyes slightly went ajar when she saw Kai stood still on the doorstep of the entrance door.

"Is something wrong, Yoomi?" Her mom asked all of a sudden.

"Kai's there." She starred at the direction where Kai is currently standing. Her mom tilt her head on where her daughter points out.

"Oh, right. He's there. Yeobo, Kai is there. I think it's better if we'll ask him to join us in."

"But yeobo, you know him. He's not going to join us." Kai's father sighed depressingly.

"Yeobo, please."

Kai's father gazed at his new wife and saw how determined she is to get closer to Kai. He sighed.

"Fine then."

His father stood up upon his position and attempted to approach Kai. Kai immediately panicked knowing his father will approach him.

"Oh Kai, isn't that your dad?" Kyungsoo obliviously asked when his father reached halfway down to them, having no idea any single bit.

*.* Kai hissed.

"I don't feel like eating, you guys eat I'll sleep somewhere, just text me if you guys are finish." He tries to dodge his friends' stares.

"Is something wrong, dummy?" Chanyeol queried with an apparent edginess. Baekhyun smacked Chanyeol's tummy and he winced in pain.

"Yah!! What's wrong with you? Suddenly punching me on my stomach?"

"Can't you see he has problems and you still calling him dummy?"

"Whatever. As if you never call him that."

"Aish, forever stupid tall man." Baekyun's head shook off.

"Hey, what's the problem bro?" Baekhyun adverted his attention to Kai.

"See, you even call him bro and I can't call him dummy?" Chanyeol retorted unto Baekhyun but Baekhyun covers his mouth.

"Ssssh. Shut up you stupid tall man. I'm talking to him."

Chanyeol rolled his eyes and swat Baekhyun's hands on his mouth and took a stare back at Kai.

"Aish, can't I sleep? What's wrong with sleeping?" Kai tries to hide his troubled face before shutting the door harshly.

"What's wrong with him?" Baekhyun asked his oh so dense friends.

"No idea." Kyungsoo shook his arms off.

"You always had no idea since you're stupid." Baekhyun remarked but then it was normal for them to be like this.

"Yahh!!" 

Just then, his father reached his friends.

"Uhmm excuse me, where is Kai going? I'm his father anyway." He approached his friends.

"He said he'll be sleeping somewhere." Chanyeol casually stated.

"As expected, still as stuborn as ever." His father's eyes suddenly became lifeless, saddened by the thought before heading back with his family.

"Oh, how was it, yeobo?" Mrs. Kim asked.

Mr. Kim shook his head and sighed. "As what expected, he doesn't want to join us."

Yoomi felt sympathy for Kai. He may be a jerk but he's still human.

When Yoomi understood the scene, she immediately stood up to have a search for Kai.

"Hey Yoomi! Where are you going?" Her mom asked hastily.

"I have to find Kai! Bye umma!"

 

 

 

In an unseen part of their school lies a small hill filled with healthy green grass and fresh flowers. At the center was a tree, originally a cherry blossom but since it wasn't the time for it to bloom it's flowers, it has a different appearance for the time being. The breeze covers the majority of the whole area.

Kai discovered this place one time when he was grieving about something particular.

And that particular thing is when the time his mom died due to a contagious disease. And from then, upon the discovery of this place, he had always went for a visit within this place whenever he's feeling something heavy inside of his chest.

He folded his legs and laid his head down on it. "Stupid people." 

He start sniffing until it had formed into tears. 

"Why can't I be happy? Why is it there's always something to happen?" He mumbles to his own self as the amidst of his weeps.

" this life!! I wish I had never born from the start! I wish I've gone long with umma!! I wish I'll be dead!" 

"There you go, I found you." A voice suddenly sounded somewhere near him as the voice chuckles.

He raised his head up and saw Yoomi panting just so hard, clutching on her chest.

"Do you have a water? Your school is seriously no joke, it's so-" She stopped talking when she noticed Kai's swollen and puffy red eyes.

"A-Are you crying?" She leaned in close to stare at him to have a more lucid and clearer view.

"Go away. I don't need you."

"But you're crying. Is it about your father?"

" it! I said go away!" He once again exploded. Yoomi jump a bit upon his sudden explosion.

*Still as scary as ever.* She thought.

"No, I'm not gonna leave here until you'll stop crying."

Kai groaned before laying again his head on his folded lap. " this life." He mumbles.

They remained with a state of that with a couple of minutes. Kai weeping with his head covered by his lap. And Yoomi listening with his sobs quietly. Yoomi might hate Kai, but she actually want to console Kai but just too scared to do it. Until, a text sended to Yoomi from her mother asking where is she, did she ever find Kai already, how was Kai doing and if he's alright or not.

"You know, umma is worrying about you. I know she wants to get closer to you." She suddenly spat after the long silence. She was trying to coax Kai.

"I don't need you both."

Yoomi opens to protest but then she still felt pity for Kai so she failed to do so.

She stood up from her position. "If you need someone to talk to, just call on me." 

"I said I don't need you."

Yoomi sighed before departing the place.

A handkerchief dropped on the ground just across from Kai. It was from Yoomi, she purposely dropped it for Kai to use it but Kai seems to mislead her kind act.

"Hypocrite people, pretending to be good." The grip of his hands that was wrapping his lap tightens.