Chapter 1

Heart In A Freeze
 

 

chapter 01

Kai went home late that night. And asual as some odd days he's been counting, the house was all dim and murky. He stood at the footstep of the door and sighed. He is already getting used of becoming alone, only he isn't still used to the feeling of being alone. He felt like this house was too vast for him to think that, him and his father were only ones filling it.

His father. The person whom he loathes too much with flaring passion.

He took off his shoes and placed it on the shoe rack, coudln't really care less if whether he put it impeccably or orderly since there wasn't any other shoes to put on the rack. But then he stop on his steps, when he had noticed a couple of shoes(particularly, girls' shoe) being laid down nicely at the entrance mat of the door. And the usually dismal and dusky house had it's lights flickered open possibly on the kitchen and dining area. He cast a stare on his wristwatch and read the time by it's long and short hands. 

"9:07." He mumbles to no avail, only to his ownself.

His father is currently on overseas for a month now and he doesn't inform him when he is going home.

He grabs an umbrella on the side table of their house to have it substitute for a shield for possible thieves ravaging the stillness of their house. He took wary steps as he was slowly coming off towards the kitchen.

Instead of a thief or robber lurking on their house, he was welcomed by chuckles and laughters with figures she doesn't even know together with his father. The usually dim dining area have it's steaming hot pot wafting it's familiar smell around the place.

He dropped the umbrella, making a sound audible causing for the figures to turn their heads off.

"Oh yeobo, he's Kai, isn't?" The woman held a warm smile along with her.

*Yeobo?* Kai thought.

"Yes yeobo, he is." His father nodded unto the woman.

"Come sit with us, Kai. I heard kimchi jjigae is your favorite. I cooked it for you. By the way, she's my daughter, Yoomi." The woman's actions towards him is very tender. Yoomi's lips crept into a cordial smile but Kai didn't take any exchange for that smile and ignored that act.

*What a rude person.* Yoomi thought. But Kai doesn't give a damn. He's too absorbed analyzing the scene that he's been seeing that he doesn't reciprocate her smile anymore.

Kai pondered for a moment, he doesn't understand any single thing at this juncture.

"I don't understand any single thing about this." He shows sign of hostility with his tone.

"Yeobo, you didn't tell him?" The woman's face is as quizzable as Kai.

"Sorry, yeobo. I wasn't able to tell it to him."

It took some amount of time for Kai for the current scene to sink in with his own brain. He now remembered. His dad had an affair with some woman he don't have any familiarity with. He came to a speculation that this woman across from him is his mistress.The reason of the wreckage of the previously complete and happy family of Kai. 

He didn't even saw his father sweetly beaming with his mother like that except for now.

Kai froze with his position upon the realization.

"How can you tell when you didn't even talk to me for a month? And now, you appear here with some woman I didn't even know, huh?!" Kai already exceeded with his limits. 

"What? What did you just said?!"

"I already know! I knew it! She's your mistress, am I right?"

His father stood up from his position. His hands attempted to slap the fair cheek of Kai but his new wife had hindered him.

"Yeobo, stop it. He just didn't understand the situation. Let it slip for now." The tone on the woman remains warm and unencumbered.

"But yeobo, I just can't let it slide like that."

"Ssssh, yeobo. Let him adjust till he fully understand, hhmm?" She cups her husband's face affectionately.

"Now sit down, yeobo. Let your anger calm down for a bit." She hand him a water so as Kai.

But Kai had pushed the glass harshly away from him, resulting for it to be shattered in smitteren pieces. The woman wasn't able to take notice that she already had a wound from the glass.

Once more, his father stood up from his position and approached Kai but then again he was halted by his new wife.

"Yeobo, calm down. Calm down, he's still adjusting." The woman tries her best to make her husband as tranquil as possible.

Kai's father heaved a long sigh then push down his shirt before taking one last glance at Kai, trying to make his self calm as what his wife tells him to.

His father opens his mouth to say something to him, but then he already spunned around, ascending the stairs.

"Hey you insolent young man! Come back here! I'm still talking to you!"

Kai already felt little tears rolling on his cheek as he climb the stair, renouncing and ignoring his father.

 

 

"Yeobo, I'm sorry for the scene. He's just.. he's just always like that. He doesn't listen to me."

"It's alright yeobo, I already expect for something like this to happen even from the start."

"Thanks yeobo, you'll always been an understanding woman to me."

"Now, I think it's better for us to get rest. I think we'll head on the hotel now."

"No, you two will be staying here. Frow now on."

"But yeobo--"

"No but buts, it's final. And at the same time, I can't let my wife and my daughter to get in danger at this late night"

He smiled on Yoomi. Though Yoomi isn't really his daughter, he just felt like he's getting closer to her though the span of time they met are still little.

Yoomi smiled back in exchange. She had always dreamt of having a father since her true father died when she's still a toddler. And now that she was engulfed by the warm feeling of having a father with the presence of her mom's new husband, she was more than happy and contented.

*Now I know, what's the feeling of having a father.* She smiled at the thought. 

 

 

Kai opened the door his room. He buried his face on the bed and start weeping.

Although Kai is a boy who had passed through many hardships on his life, crying would likely the least thing he does when he faces new problem.

But today, he just felt as if he exploded and cannot suppress anymore the feelings he have been kept for awhile now.

Just then his sobs suddenly forgo when a creak of a door sounded. At the door, stood an oblivious Yoomi, bringing a gigantic dark pink traveller's bag.

"Oh oh sorry, I thought this will be my room." Yoomi grinned and sheepishly scratched the back of her head.

"Go away." Kai's voice is undoubtedly trembling because of his tears.

Yoomi had noticed his tone. She gingerly approached him.

"Are you crying, K-Kai?" It was the first time she had called his name towards this day, and she wasn't so sure if she called his name right. She actually felt pity for him knowing the reason behind this weeps.

"I said go away!!" He unpurposely get-up from his position, causing for the pillows to fall due to the intense indignation he had felt. 

"Oh scaaaaary." Yoomi whispered before running away from the scene.

"Stupid girl." Kai rolled his eyes before burrying his face once more on the bed.

"Stupid people. Stupid life. my life." Kai growled, some tears threatens again to fall.

 

 

Author's note

First chappie's up!~ How was it? Is it good? Thanks for reading :DD