He's An Idiot, but He's Mine

Kyungsoo Syndrome

He's An Idiot, but He's Mine

*Note: Baka to Test!au

Jongdae fell to his knees as Class 2-B’s Representative beat him in a summon battle. It certainly wouldn’t be the first time he lost to Kyungsoo. And it certainly won’t be the last time, either. Sighing to himself, he gets up and dusts himself off, groaning when Head Teacher Sunggyu places his hand on Jongdae’s shoulder.

"Right, right, I got it. Remedial classes…" Delinquent and Class 2-F’s Representative, Jongdae, grinned at Kyungsoo as he walked by, before he’d have to go through hell of a remedial class.

After going through hell, Jongdae plops down at his worn down desk, burying his face into his desk.

His friend and Class 2-F’s Ambassador, Chanyeol, cheerfully pats him on the back.

"Good work today, boss!" If Jongdae wasn’t so tired, Chanyeol’s sunshine-filled smile would have probably healed him in an instant, but he doesn’t feel like doing anything right now.

"That reminds me… We went after Class 2-B and lost… Why’d you want to wage war on them, anyways?" Chanyeol questions him, and Jongdae visibly stiffens in his seat.

"No reason." He calmly replies, not wanting to cause a scene.

"Ahhh… All right, but anyways. There’s a meeting for all Class Representatives and Ambassadors. In about…— ten minutes." Chanyeol smiles, and Jongdae has to wonder if it hurts, but he says nothing and gets up, with the other following in tow.

He seems to get to the meeting room quite early because the only other ones there is Class 2-A’s Rep and Ambassador. They tilt their head in confusion, and Jongdae just takes a seat. “Is something wrong…?"

"It’s surprising that you’d be here this early… considering… you know." 

"It’s like you don’t even know me, Suho." Jongdae grins cheekily, before lay his head down on the table.

"Some people never change, do they?" Kris, Suho’s Ambassador points out, and chuckles.

The rest of the others start piling in and their meeting soon begins. Suho stands up at the front, since he’s Class 2-A’s Representative. 

"As you all know, Class 2-F had recently waged a battle with Class 2-C." Suho gestures with his hands to Jongdae, and then to Kyungsoo who’s staring blankly at the smartest kid in school.

"Yeah, can we get to the point, please?" Class 2-E’s Rep, Kai says, and Sehun, his Ambassador dons a bored look on his face.

"Patience, Jongin." Suho says, smiling, but there’s a menacing aura around him that has Kai shutting up. Jongdae simply laughs in his head. 

"Anyways, as I was saying, before I was so rudely interrupted. Head Principal JYP said we have to calm down with the summoning battles. I don’t know… Otherwise, that means just keep doing what you guys are doing…? Oh and midterms are coming up soon. You know what that means, right?" As soon as Suho said that, everyone’s eyes lit up and the room filled with a serious air.

"Ahem. Meeting adjourned, then. Have a nice day, and don’t remember to study. That means you, Kim Jongdae." Suho finished up, waiting for Kris to pack up, so they could leave.

"That was interesting, wasn’t it? — I’m gonna go head back to class." Chanyeol smiled his endless smile, and walked off.

Jongdae cocked an eyebrow, and sighed, about to walk off, when he felt a hand pulling him back. He came face to face with Class 2-C’s Ambassador, Tao. 

He didn’t really want to deal with him right now, but he decided against being rude and tried to be as polite as he could. Apparently, the other didn’t even care and looked just as bored as him.

"Kyungsoo… wants to talk to you. He’s in.. the courtyard. — Also, congratulations on your engagement." Tao said in his usual sultry voice, and if Jongdae wasn’t so charmed by Kyungsoo, he’d probably like Tao.

"Thanks for the heads up, I guess." Jongdae nods his head, thanking the other student, before stalking off to the courtyard.

He found the other sitting with his legs folded underneath a tall tree where the shade was nice and cool. Kyungsoo had laid out a picnic-like blanket and had out a big lunch that seemed almost too much for his small stature.

Jongdae sat himself down, next to Kyungsoo and grinned. “Hey."

"Hi…" Kyungsoo’s voice was small and quiet, but there was something melodic about it. 

"What’d you want to talk about? Tao said—" Jongdae’s question was interrupted by a shake of Kyungsoo’s head.

"He lied. He was just trying to get you to come here for my sake. I just wanted to spend time with you." Class 2-C’s Rep confessed, head hanging low.

Jongdae wasn’t surprised, not in the slightest. Kyungsoo held feelings for him, as much as Jongdae did. It was easy for them to be together, anyways. To the point that when their parents arranged a marriage for them, it turned out that they’d be marrying each other, and they happily accepted it. 

Jongdae loves Kyungsoo because he’s perfectly smart enough for him, he was not lacking in the looks department, and his timid persona was really endearing. 

Kyungsoo loves Jongdae because he’s funny, he’s handsome, he’s caring, and he’s such a carefree person that he wished he was like the other. 

"Tao seems to care about you, a lot." Jongdae pointed out, letting Kyungsoo feed him some of the lunch that he prepared.

"He does. I’m like an older brother to him? Even though we’re only a few months apart, but still." Kyungsoo plopped another piece of beef into Jongdae’s mouth, smiling gently as the other chewed happily.

"That’s a good thing, though. You have a really friendly personality. That’s why your class likes you. Isn’t that right, Representative?" Jongdae’s compliment caused Kyungsoo to blush and sputter, but he just nodded sheepishly.

"I—I guess… But you’re not bad yourself. I’ve seen the way you interact with your class. They look up to you. Isn’t it always fun in Class 2-F?" Kyungsoo asked, a genuine curiosity laced through the question.

"It’s definitely something, I can tell you that." Jongdae recalls the time that Chanyeol and few others had to crossdress the whole day. Or the time they all cleaned their classroom, and ended up getting soap and bubbles everywhere.

Jongdae noticed Kyungsoo’s silence, and lifted the other’s chin up. “What’s wrong?"

"I wish we were in the same class, so we could spend more time together. I’d be willing to fail, if you want." Jongdae sighed, and brushed the other’s cheek gently with his thumb.

"You know you don’t have to do that, right? I see you all the time, and on the plus side, we’re having lunch right now and you’re feeding me. If that isn’t time spent together, then I don’t know what is." He placed a quick kiss on Kyungsoo’s cheek, effectively causing the latter to blush.

"We’re engaged, you know. After high school, we can get married and live our life together. Doesn’t that sound inviting? Why rush our time together now, when we can spend the rest of our lives together later? Okay? So don’t purposely fail for me. I’ll hate you forever. Promise me?" Jongdae held out his pinky, and Kyungsoo held out his and linked them together.

"You’re sweet." Kyungsoo continued feeding Jongdae, until they were both stuffed, and Jongdae jokingly rubbed his tummy. “I’m stuffed, Soo. That was really good."

Kyungsoo giggled and bowed his head in thanks. “Should we go back to class? Midterms are coming up, and we have to study." Although, Jongdae could tell by the other’s voice that he didn’t really want to go back to class.

"Yeah, we should go back…" Immediately, Kyungsoo looked deflated, and Jongdae took delight in teasing his lovely little fiancé. “But as Class 2-F’s Representative, I don’t really do studying, do I? Maybe you should… help me out, Soo?" 

"Really? You won’t try to bail out, right? We will be actually studying." Kyungsoo playfully teased the other, tapping the other on his nose. Jongdae chuckled and shrugged his shoulders.

"If it means getting tutored by you, then I don’t mind studying." Jongdae stood up, brushing his hands against his pants and reached a hand out to pull Kyungsoo up, pressed right up against his chest.

"Lead the way, Representative." His cheeky voice made Kyungsoo flush red, and squeaked when the other playfully tapped his .

"J—jongdae, don’t do that… People might see. And Tao might wage war against your class if he knows you’re laying your hands on me like that." All Jongdae could was laugh and shrug his shoulders.

"It’s not like you don’t like it, right? But fine, for your sake. Can we hold hands, then?" Jongdae held out his hand, and waited for Kyungsoo to take it, before he finally did.

"You’re so stupid, Dae…" Kyungsoo shook his head, smiling “Sometimes I have to wonder why you’re even Class Rep of 2-F."

"I could say the same to you, Soo. How does Class 2-C keep their hands off of a cute little thing like you?" Jongdae grinned, flashing him a wide smile.

"Maybe because I’m a good leader—Did you just touch my ?! Tao might have seen that, you know! He’s like a ninja or something…" Kyungsoo nudged Jongdae with his shoulder.

"I’ll take my chances, Soo. Let’s go hurry up and study. I don’t feel like failing as badly as I usually do, yanno?"

"As long as you don’t touch my ."

"No promises."

"Kim Jongdae! I swear to god!"

"I, Huang Zitao, Ambassador of Class 2-C, wage war against Class 2-F. Prepare yourself! Get your hands off, Kyungsoo, you monster!"

"Oh god, Tao… You can’t just wage war against Dae—Jongdae’s class like that!"

"It’s okay, Representative Kyungsoo. I can handle this fiend." Tao ended up summoning his being, while Jongdae had no choice to do it, as well. 

Of course, this resorted in Jongdae losing and having to take another remedial class, much to the dismay of Kyungsoo, who sobbed at his fiancé being taken away.

"Are you proud of me, Kyungsoo?"

"No, Tao. You better start running."

And then Kyungsoo got his revenge by sending Tao to a remedial class, as well. 

 


This oneshot was based around the anime Baka to Test etc etc. LOL. It's a really good anime, so I recommend watching it, guys. The concept involves the smartest students being ranked into Class A - F. A being the cream of the crop, and F being flops. 

Class A - Suho(rep), Kris(amb)

Class B - Baekhyun(rep), Lay(amb)

Class C - Kyungsoo(rep), Tao(amb)

Class D - Xiumin(rep), Luhan(amb)

Class E - Kai(rep), Sehun(amb)

Class F - Jongdae(rep), Chanyeol(amb)

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this oneshot~

It's pretty cracky, honestly. With fluff and sprinkled in.

Thanks for reading~

Everyday_Jongdae

P.S. I realize that I've written so much Chensoo... I apologize for that, they're like my main OTP... 

I PROMISE TO INCLUDE MORE:

Kyungmyeon

Laysoo

Xiusoo

Krisoo (except this pairing has the second most... )

Chansoo