Do Kyungsoo & The Terrible Two

Kyungsoo Syndrome

Do Kyungsoo // & // The Terrible Two

Kyungsoo was the perfect example of a model student. He never missed a homework, he always got A’s and nothing less, he did extracurricular activities, and he had friends. What more could he ask for? Certainly, it wasn’t to have two male students vie for his love. The two students being Kim Joonmyeon and Wu Yifan, nonetheless. 

Kim Joonmyeon. Captain of the Lacrosse team. Maintained a straight B+ average, so he wasn’t stupid. He volunteers at animal shelters and old homes. The brawn, the brain, and the looks. If it was something to go by, Joonmyeon had it all. Kyungsoo had to scoff at the nickname of his, though. Suho. What was he trying to protect?

Wu Yifan. Chinese. Resident bad boy. Barely maintained a C- average. Good on the eyes, though. Supposedly, he smokes and is in a gang. People are afraid of them. Reports say he goes to orphanages and plays with the kids. Others say he also volunteers at the same animal shelter as Joonmyeon. Kyungsoo had to wonder why he was called Kris, though.

Do Kyungsoo wasn’t an amazing person, but people made him out to be. He wasn’t trying to stand out at all. He was just trying to get by in life, graduate, get a job, make money, and travel the world. Alone. He had no time for a boyfriend, anyways. — Actually, with the amount of focus he has, he has managed to make more free time for himself. But he’d never tell a soul that. 

He slams his face down onto the lunch table, and groans in pain, but he doesn’t make an attempt to lift his hand up. He’s just so tired with everything, he doesn’t want to deal with the bull in his life right now. His friends, Lay and Xiumin, plop down in the seats to his left and right and give him concerned looks.

"Aye Kyungsoo, you okay? You look upset." Xiumin points out, as he smears ketchup all over his friends. Lay flings one of the french fries at him, before turning his attention to the younger. 

"Did something happen? You can tell us, you know. Xiumin might not care, but he’s an , anyways." This makes Kyungsoo snicker, and only then does he lift his head up. He still winces, though, when he feels the spot that he had slammed down so carelessly onto the table. 

"You look … nice." Kyungsoo shoots Xiumin a glare, who holds his hands up in a defensive stance. Lay ignores their friend, and asks again.

"Is it Kris and Suho? Damn, those idiots. Want me to get Tao to kick their asses?" Lay offers with a gentle smile. Kyungsoo shakes his head and pouts. Tao and Kyungsoo were really close friends, but he didn’t want to bother the other for a petty reason, such as two boys chasing after him.

"I don’t get why they like me, anyways. I’m nothing special." The straight A student states. Lay flicks his forehead and Xiumin even pinches his arm.

"Owwww, fu—What was that for, jerks?" Surprisingly, the one to speak up isn’t Lay, but Xiumin. 

"You are special, Soo. You’re smart, you’re attractive, you can be funny, you do things and people know who you are. I’d be surprised if you weren’t single. — Apparently, you don’t care enough to date. But you have two of the hottest guys vying for your attention. Oi, at least do this for me, if not for yourself." As Kyungsoo’s listening to Xiumin’s words, he’s surprised that he feels this way. 

Even Lay seems surprised. Xiumin merely shrugs it off and pushes his tray aside. “Yeah, Kim Minseok can have a way with words, too, yanno." He pulls his tray back and continues eating, but doesn’t forget to mutter “ friends…".

"See! If Xiumin can that inside you, then obviously Kris and Suho do, too. — The question, however, that remains is which of the two you’d date. Any thoughts?" Lay questions.

"I’ve snooped around and Suho seems pretty well off… but I dunno. Kris is one of those bad boy types, but apparently likes kids and animals and has a soft side? — , this is bull. Why do I have to choose?" His complaining gets the attention of the other students, but Lay just laughs it off and waves around.

"Calm down, man… — You’re actually pretty lucky to have this happen to you. If I were in your shoes, I know who I’d choose in a heartbeat." Kyungsoo’s eyebrow gets raised and he gives him an inquisitive look.

Lay coughs and flicks his eyes to the left. Kyungsoo looks to his left, but all that’s in his peripheral is Xiumin and — Oh. Lay likes Xiumin. Kyungsoo smiles and claps his hands together.

"That’s so cute, Lay! How come you don’t… you know?" Lay just shrugs his shoulders and holds up an index finger to his lips, signaling that he should keep it on the hush hush. Kyungsoo understands and pouts slightly. He hopes they get together, even though Xiumin’s pretty dense, and an . A dense , but they’d be cute together.

"Enough about me. So did you decide who yet?" Lay quickly changes the topic, and he doesn’t miss the look on Lay’s face when he quickly glances over at Xiumin who’s done eating and has his phone taken out. 

"Why can’t I date someone like… Chen? Or that Chanyeol guy. Maybe if I break their hearts, Kris and Suho would back off." At this, Lay facepalms and Xiumin guffaws rather loudly.

"Fine. I won’t do that… It’d be easier if I could date both of them, wouldn’t it?" Kyungsoo calmly taps his fingers against the table. He looks completely surprised when he sees Lay giving him a creepy- smile. One that he didn’t know the other was even capable of.

"Why don’t you do that, then? Date both of them, I mean. I’ve never seen it actually happen before. Only in rumors, but you should totally do that, Soo." Seeing the other’s perplexed look, he comfortingly pats his shoulder.

"What’s the harm in it? So they don’t like the idea? Then they’ll leave you alone. Probably. —" Lay gets cut off by Xiumin who adds in his two cents. “It’s worth a shot, yanno."

Kyungsoo looks between his two friends and sighs, before nodding his head, silently agreeing.

`

Kyungsoo is waiting patiently in the music room, standing tall and erect. His uniform is in crisp, pristine conditioned. Ironed and pressed. He has his hands dangling by his sides. His tie is nice and straight. Now he’s just waiting for Kris and Suho to show up.

He checks his watch a few times and Suho shows up right after that and — maybe Suho does look pretty attractive. His uniform was much like his, albeit with more wrinkles. He had also adorned a necklace of a mustache and bracelets and a few rings. 

Kyungsoo bows his head politely towards the other. “Nice to see you came, Suho hyung." He received a bright smile from the other and he awkwardly nods his head. Kyungsoo takes a look at his watch again and is still waiting for Kris, when he hears a yawn from the back.

He steps towards the sound and finds Kris groggily waking up in the music room. He furrows his eyebrows together and grabs Kris by the wrist and pulls him to stand on his feet. He drags him back to where Suho was, and makes him stand next to the other.

The two acknowledge each other with a nod of their heads and turn to face Kyungsoo. "—As you may know… both of you had been trying to court me. I don’t know why, and I will not ask why. Not yet, at least. You two have made my life harder than it needed to be and I hate you. You idiots. — I digress. Anyways, the reason I called you both here is to say yes. I’ll go out with you. The both of you. Any objections?"

Suho and Kris share glances and shrug their shoulders. Kyungsoo seems oddly surprised at their compliance to go along with this. “A—are you sure…?"

"I don’t see what’s wrong with it. Do you, Kris?" Suho asks, and Kris just shrugs his shoulders. “Not really. As long as I still get to date Kyungsoo, I’m all up for it."

This was easier than he expected. As much as he liked it, he was confused as to how the two could easily accept this and not think it was weird. He sits down at the piano bench and looks genuinely confused.

Kris and Suho exchange glances again and step closer to Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo winces slightly and shudders because what the hell. Two different hands are shoved into his line of sight and he looks up to see the two males each holding out a hand for him. He hesitates slightly and ends up taking both of them. He squeezes them lightly and shakes his head.

"I hate you both. I hope you know that." The two laugh at the shorter one and they nod their heads.

"You’re cute, Do Kyungsoo." At Kris’ comment, he starts blushing, and the two just laugh some more. “Awww. Look. You made him blush some more, Kris. Good job."

Kyungsoo still has a blush on his face, but he’s pouting now and pulls his hands away, before stomping away. The two chaser after him, still laughing at the adorableness.

`

The next day, Lay and Xiumin are greeted with a weird surprise. They were standing by their lockers talking, when Kyungsoo stepped up to his. They were about to greet him, when they saw Kris and Suho standing behind him. Lay’s eyes widened in shock, as did Xiumin’s.

Kyungsoo closed his locker and tilted his head at his friend’s weird expressions. “Uh… guys? Are you okay?"

Lay swallows the saliva in his mouth and forcibly closes Xiumin’s mouth. He looks at Kyungsoo, then back at Kris and Suho, then back to Kyungsoo. He lifts a finger to point behind him and Kyungsoo raises an eyebrow, before turning his head to look back.

All he saw was Kris offering a piece of his waffle to Suho and the latter accepting it happily. Seemingly normal, if you asked Kyungsoo, anyways. 

"Yes…?" Xiumin finally stopped staring and nudged Lay in the ribs. Clearing his throat, he looked at Kyungsoo. “You and ummm them? It worked?"

Kyungsoo nods his head. Lay is still speechless, and Xiumin looks mighty proud. “We’re happy for you, Soo. Good on ya. Maybe you’d stop focusing so much on being this perfect student and live a little. How are they in bed?"

Kyungsoo chokes and visibly pales, before Xiumin snickers. Even Lay had to start laughing. In anger, Kyungsoo grabs the waffle from Kris’ hands and throws it at Xiumin’s face, hitting him in the eye. He walks off in a huff, and holds his head up high.

Suho grabs Kris by the arm, with the latter voicing out his sadness about his precious waffle. Suho promises to buy him another one, and they continue after Kyungsoo.

Lay grabs Xiumin’s face and rubs gently. “You okay?" He doesn’t miss the red tipped ears on Xiumin’s face and laughs. “You’re red like a tomato." 

Xiumin blushes some more, and he walks off, leaving Lay behind. Lay laughs to himself, closing his and Xiumin’s locker, before going to catch up to the other. Xiumin doesn’t miss the way Lay casually leans closer to him, and he grins.

 


I have a thing for ExoLeadersxKyungsoo. 

Everyday_Jongdae