My World

Amor Fati: Fated to Love

­ December 24, 2015 -- 21:45

“Good evening everyone! I just want to let you guys know that I won’t be the one singing tonight. Because my friend here, whom you probably know, will be taking the stage one more time so I hope you don’t mind. Let’s give it up for Taeyeon!” A redhead announced on stage in a cozy café. As she walked down the stage, she gave Taeyeon a hwaitaeng sign, and Taeyeon situated herself where the redhead was a while ago.

“Thank you guys for coming here tonight. I know I’m not the one you’re expecting to sing to you tonight but I would like to take this night for my last gig. I’ll be away for God-knows-how-long so I won’t be able to sing to you guys for a while.” Taeyeon sadly announced.

“it’s okay~!” “aaw!” “no! why?” “take me with you!” “I’ll wait for you~~!” “we’ll miss you!” were shouted simultaneously by her audience.

“Haha! Aaw~ I’ll miss you too!” she heartily laughed.

 

Then there was silence…

*Deep sigh*

“Anyway, the song I’ll be singing tonight is my own and I want to dedicate this song to someone special out there,…somewhere. This song’s entitled “My World”, I hope you guys will like it.” She began counting.

1

 

2

 

3

 

4

Instruments began to play (A/N: there were other band players on stage)

My World by SR-71

The fastest man in the world, fast asleep at the wheel

Nobody wants to be alone, so how did I get, here

When I look at you, I see him staring through

A wink and a smile, cause he's been inside of you

Is he all the things you, tried to change me into?

Is he everything to you?

Taeyeon was singing her heart out. Not minding the people watching her perform. She has her eyes closed, her mind free, and her heart open as she sings for that special someone, thinking that that someone is in the arms of another man.

Yes, she was…no…IS in love with a girl. Sadly, her love story didn’t end well like her OTP’s fanfiction that she reads online. What a shame, I have been compiling pick-up lines for nothing, she thought.

Little did she know, the said girl was at the café even before Tiffany, the redhead, began talking. She was at the farthest corner of the room, listening to every word Taeyeon had been uttering. And right now, she’s looking intently at Taeyeon while trying to listen to the lyrics of her song.

Does he make you high, make you real?

Does he make you cry? Does he know the way you feel?

Love is all around you, your universe is full

But in my world, there is only you

 

I can still find the smell

On my clothes and skin

I can still see your face, when you're sleeping next to him

Is he all the things you, tried to change me into?

Tell me does he…

 

…make you high, make you real?

Does he make you cry? Does he know the way you feel?

Love is all around you, your universe is full

But in my world,…

 

I've had enough of fears, you let them out

Now I wrap myself around you

Like a blanket full of doubt

The darkness grows!

The sunlight stings!

He's your everything

 

Taeyeon slowly opened her eyes, and as if on cue, her eyes landed on her special someone. Eyes never leaving hers, Taeyeon looked dazed and confused for a moment but then thought that maybe her eyes were just playing tricks on her, so she averts her stare to the crowd again.

 

Does he make you high, make you real?

Does he make you cry? Does he know the way you feel?

Love is all around you, your universe is full

But in my world,…

 

She’s singing so emotionally that tears began falling from her eyes, reminiscing the reasons why she’s here singing her heart out.

 

…You make me high! You make me real!

You make me cry! Now you know the way I feel

Love is all around you, your universe is full

But in my world, there is only you

 

The instruments died down, and the crowd was so amazed no one dared to ruin the awesome few moments of silence.

*Silence*

1

2

3

4

“Woooooooooooo!!!!!! Taeyeon you’re so cool!!” The crowd went wild and cheered for the performer, totally forgetting that Taeyeon crying wasn’t for show but for real.

“Hah. Thank you so much guys! You were a great crowd! Goodbye and good night!” Taeyeon said, wiping her tears in the process.

“Oh! And Advance Merry Christmas y’all!” she waved them goodbye and went down the stage to the employee’s lounge area.

 

In the Lounging Area

“That was amazing Tae-Tae! I’m so proud of you!” Tiffany beamed as she hugged the girl.

“Aw. Thanks Pany-ah. But let’s not get mushy now, Shica’s just around the corner. I can feel it.” Taeyeon stated, eyes playfully wandering around the room.

“What’s wrong with hugging you? You’re my cousin for God’s sake!”

“Not my fault. She actually screamed at me ‘til me ears bled one time! It’s insane! You’ve got to start telling her to keep that high-pitched voice of hers in your bedroom.”

“Now that I think about it, it was actually your fault! It was supposedly just an innocent little hug, not an -groping festivity you -- ! *gasps*”

Tiffany was in the middle of lecturing poor byunTae when the door to the lounge area suddenly opened.

“W-what? Is Shica behind me? Oh my gawd oh my gawd! I’m so sorry for groping your girlfriend’s sweet as— ” Taeyeon panicked and started explaining, not having the courage to face HellSica, but then suddenly interrupted by…

 

“Taeyeon”

 

Taeyeon stopped. She knew that voice so well, that sweet, gentle, and angelic voice. Hell, that wasn’t Jessica’s voice, that freakin’ demon! It was…

 

 

“Sunny” Taeyeon finally turned around to see the person who called out her name.

For the past few seconds, no words were exchanged, only longing stares.

 

“Uhh…y-yes Jessi? Oh right! Coming!... I’m gonna go out for a while, I think Jessica’s calling me.” Tiffany ran out after feeling the tension between the two. And now it’s just the two of them.

“Sorry, I gotta go too. Bye “ Taeyeon was about to go out until,

“Taeyeon wait!” Sunny grabs her arm to stop her from trying to run away.

 

 

TAEYEON’S POV

“Taeyeon wait!” I felt cold fingers wrap around my arm.

“Please let go of me. I have errands to run.”

“No.” Still stubborn as ever I see.

“Taeyeon, look at me” she pleaded softly.

I won’t

“Please”

I can’t

“Please Taey— *sneezes*”

“Bless you.” I unconsciously reacted to her sneeze. I can feel her smiling because of my little slip and I awkwardly let out a cough.

 

“Taeyeon” She made me face her slowly. It’s just now that I realized that she has colds. Her eyes looking a little drowsy, nose red, and lips dry but even so, she still looks amazing.

She’s smiling but I could see hurt underneath it…and something else I couldn’t point my finger at. I was so busy looking at her; I almost forgot why we’re in this situation.

“What do you want?” her smile almost immediately turned upside down. Why is she here anyway?

“We need to talk”

“We’re talking now, aren’t we?” I told her sarcastically, removing her unoffending hands from my arm.

“W-well yeah, but ugh!! You know what I mean!” she’s clearly under pressure, but I wanted to more. I little tease wouldn’t hurt, right? Revenge is sweet.

“Actually no, I don’t know what you want to talk about so if you will–”

I suddenly felt her push me onto the couch and slapped me hard… On the face… With her freakin’ hands!

“TAEYEON! STOP!”

 

 

SUNNY’S POV

“Actually no, I don’t know what you want to talk about so if you will–” I slapped her hard so she’s stop rumbling and let me talk.

“TAEYEON!  STOP!” with slightly opened, probably still shocked from the slap I gave her I decided to continue on with what I was here for.

“Can I talk now?” she just nodded. Good puppy!

“*sigh* Ok, here it goes….









…WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING, RUNNING AWAY FROM ME A DAY BEFORE FREAKIN’ CHRISTMAS?!!!! YOU KNOW HOW WORRIED I WAS?! I WAS LOOKING EVERYWHERE FOR YOU, I EVEN ASKED FOR HIM T—”

“NOW YOU STOOOOOP!! Stop right there! Don’t you dare bring that man into this discussion!”

“What? What has he even done to you?!”

“You don’t know? Hah, of course you don’t, why would you. Why would you even spare a glance at me when you have him with you, right? I was always left out whenever he’s with us…

When we ate out, he always had your attention. You keep talking to him, feeding him, throwing those pretty eye-smiles that I thought were only for me to see.

When we were walking on our way home, you two were holding hands, leaning on each other. Can’t you even feel my presence? It’s like, there was only the two of you and no Taeyeon.

And when we were arriving home, I can’t catch up with you guys and when I did, I found you two…hugging and kissing each other good night. Now tell me, how could I just stand there and watch all of those? So I ran…”she confessed with misty eyes.

 

I was in daze for a moment, all those moments came crashing on me. Taeyeon.

 

 

 You….

 

 

“Taeyeon…You…you….


 

YOU STUPID IGNORANT MOTHERFUUUU---OOL! HE’S MY FATHER! OF COURSE I’D BE FOCUSING ON HIM! YOU KNOW HE JUST GOT BACK FROM ABROAD JUST TO SPEND TIME WITH ME, HER FREAKIN’ DAUGHTER, FOR CHRISTMAS! HOW COULD YOU BE SO UGH! AND HERE I THOUGHT I DID SOMETHING HORRIBLE TO YOU!”

“, , , baby~ You were totally ignoring me the whole time~!”

“Like I said, you no good brat, I was FOCUSING on MY FATHER. We had a lot of catching up to do! And for God’s sake, we didn’t ask you to come with us in the first place! I even told you to go spend your time with your family before Christmas so we could spend time together on Christmas!”

“ Sun– ”

“No! And what the – you made it sound like we’re making out when you said kissing! Eeww! You disgusting little creature! Once we get home, I’m going to burn all your anime collection of father-daughter themed love relationship. Why do you even watch those? It’s taboo!”

“Alright! Alright! I get it ok? Just don’t touch my stuff”

 

AUTHOR’S POV

The room turned silent for some time, both of them in the midst of thinking about what happened throughout the day. Their bodies facing each other, but eyes looking everywhere but each other’s.

 

 

 

 

“Sunny?”

“Hm?” Sunny looked over Taeyeon, but the latter was still looking somewhere else with her face looking serious. Smiling affectionately at her girlfriend, Sunny knew why Taeyeon was suddenly acting this way.

“*sigh* I’m sorry…I’m sorry for being weird, for being jealous over your own FATHER, for being inconsiderate. I just felt really lonely seeing you give all your attention to someone else. I know it’s your first time seeing each other after so many years. I…I’m sorry.”

“I swear I won’t do it again… I’ll even let you two spend the whole day of Christmas together. Just—”

 

Ah screw it!

 

Sunny’s had enough and she just had to stop Taeyeon from sputtering nonsense as she smacked her lips with Taeyeon’s.

 

 

The “disgusting little creature”, as declared by Sunny herself, could only stare wide-eyed at the beauty in front of her who’s smiling endearingly.

“D-did you see that? I think I felt something…it knocked all the wind out of me!”

“Really?” Sunny playfully answered giggling. This dork’s really something. She thought.

“Yeah, didn’t you feel it? I didn’t have a chance to process what it was though…I think I might need to feel it again.” Taeyeon charmingly replied as she gently led Sunny to sit on her lap.

“Oh you~ come ‘ere!” Sunny pulled Taeyeon and kissed the living daylights out of her lover. The smack turned into sweet kisses, the two smiling in between each kiss, and not a minute later turned into a passionate one. Every feeling bottled-in poured out in every second that passed.

.

.

.

.

“Wow. So this is why you like –no… love working here, huh Tiff? You get to see live po—“

“Eew! No! and would you two stop eating each other’s face? This is a LOUNGE room, not a LUNGE room!”

“Would you stop shouting, I’m watching here!”

“Where the heck did you get that popcorn?”

“You know what they say, ‘Whenever there’s , there’s popcorn.’”

“That didn’t make any sense at all, Jessi.”

“Hush darling. Come hither and watch with me, it’s getting more interesting.”

“You’re hopeless.”

 

Sunny and Taeyeon continued what they were doing; Jessica continued watching…and Tiffany continued scolding the three.

 

THE EN

 

 

 

 

 

“Wait!” Taeyeon suddenly broke off all lip-skin contact as she remembered something.

“What now?!” Sunny grew impatient.

“Yeah, what now Taeyeon?!” And it seems like Jessica felt the same impatience.

“Wha—Jessica? How long have you guys been sitting there?”

“Since something magical took place.”

“Uh-huh. Anyway, what happened to that guy you were with?” Uncertain of what was happening inside Jessica’s mind, Taeyeon diverted her attention back to her lover.

“Stop calling him that guy! He’s going to be your father-in-law someday you know. And he’s gone out of the country again, I just accompanied him to the airport a while ago.”

“Oh…..you know my ‘you could spend Christmas together’ is still valid. If he’s still at the airport right now we could go fetch him and…I could go…”

Sunny knew what Taeyeon was doing and how serious she was with everything she just said. But there was no way she’d spend Christmas without her.

Smiling lovingly at Taeyeon, Sunny caressed Taeyeon’s face as she looks at her straight in the eyes and says, “You know, dad asked me to let you know how nice it was to finally spend time with you again even just a short while before he left. He told me to chase after you and make up before Christmas because…only you could give me the most precious present I could ever have.

And that’s you, Kim Taeyeon.”  Taeyeon leaned more into hand that was caressing her cheeks, wanting to feel more of the warmth she’s feeling.

 “And to be honest, I love daddy and all, but it wouldn’t be Christmas without you honey.” Sunny continued to coo sweetly to Taeyeon, who uncontrollably blushed with Sunny’s confession.

.

.

.

.

“Aaaw~ that’s so sweet! Why can’t you be like that, Jessi?!”

“Do I have to?” Jessica asked seriously with pure ignorance painted on her face.

 

*moments of silence*

 

“You sure have one jerk of a girlfriend, Fany-ah. Want me to find you a new one?” Taeyeon offered, to which Tiffany nodded.
“Yes please. ASAP!”

“Yah!”

Soon after, sounds of joy and laughter filled the room as the clock struck 12.

 

 

December 25, 2015 – 00:00

“Merry Christmas, Taenggoo.”

“Merry Christmas too, Sun-bun. And I meant what I sang a while ago.”

Curious as to what it may be, the shorter one asked, “Which one? I can’t quite remember the lyrics though.”

That in my world, there is only you…”  Unlike how it was originally sang, Taeyeon hushedly sang the specific line with love embedded in every word. Their faces beginning to close the distance between them once again.

And after the last word sang, Taeyeon kissed Sunny softly and slowly, letting Sunny feel Taeyeon’s deeply embedded words of love.

 

 

 

 

 

(A/N: I don't know what to say....This was supposed to be posted last Christmas. I didn't remember until now that I wasn't able to post this -___- such wow huh?)