Not Always Sunshine And Butterflies

Amor Fati: Fated to Love

 

As we all know, life is not always sunshine and butterflies. We also have our ups and downs like any other couples out there. I mean, admit it, nothing is perfect and permanent in this world. Just like how our sweet moment earlier just turned to a bitter one…

 

“aaaaaaannnd….done! Haaa~ good thing it’s Friday today. That means tomorrow’s Saturday!” I talked to myself as I organized the files I had just finished looking through.

“No Sherlock.” Taeyeon said sarcastically.

“Mind your words Taeyeon. We’re still in the office and I’m still your boss.” I told her seriously.

“Oh sorry to ruin the seriousness, Ms. Chief Financial Officer but ‘work’ just ended a while ago so I’m using the age reasoning and here it goes……..I’m older than you which means I can bully you.” She said putting both of her hands on her hips while wearing her infamous erted smirk.

“That’s just a shallow excuse to use and I’ll just pretend that I didn’t hear it.”

“yeah yeah…” she simply replied to dismiss our little argument.

 

“By the way Fany-ah, have you noticed anything different about Jessica?”

“Jessica? No, why? Is there something wrong?” I asked. What’s wrong with Jessi? I hope it’s nothing serious. I never got to see her during lunch break ‘cause I had to talk to our CEO about something.

“Well, she’s been in a bad mood ever since after lunch break. And as far as I can remember, she was talking to someone on her phone before that. You sure nothing happened to the two of you?”

“Nothing! I didn’t get a chance to see her the whole day after we parted this morning.” I pouted. I better talk to her soon.

“oh sorry about that…You have to talk to her. I’m guessing she’s still in her office. Let’s go together, my Bunny’s also there and she’s been calling me, talking about her boss being freakishly scary.”

 

We fixed our things and began to head to Jessica’s office.

 

“Taeyeon! Tae, let’s get out of here while we still can!” we stared at Sunny confusingly. She really, I mean REALLY looked scared as hell. I looked at Taeyeon, signaling her to get Sunny out of here.

“Thanks. I’ll see you tomorrow! Good luck!” and with that, I was left alone at Sunny’s desk just infront of Jess’ office. Hmm…I wonder what’s up with Jess.

 

I slowly crept inside her office with stealth. I locked the door, making sure I didn’t make any sound. She has her back facing the door while she’s staring out of her window.  It seems like she was talking to someone on her phone again. I was about to give her a back-hug when…

.

.

.

“oh, so you've heard about my madness....No, I was just mad because I thought I lost it....you know it's very important to me....uh huh, I found it in my pocket hahaha! silly me~….yeah, I had so much fun! Let's meet up again if you're not busy....Gosh, I love you! Thank you so much for the ring, it’s perfect!....Hehe~ no worries, she doesn’t have any idea about thi-- ”

“J-jessi…” I tried to so hard calling her. I’m trying to understand what’s happening but I can’t. I just can’t right now, it’s all too confusing.

“T-tiffany…Hey, w-what are you doing here?” she asked. She looked surprised to see me here as if she wasn’t expecting me to come by. She immediately pocketed her phone and was about to hold me but I stepped backwards.

“Don’t come any closer.” I warned her. I could see that she was hurt by how I was acting but I can’t help but be blinded by anger.

“It’s not what you think Tiffy.” she grabbed my hand but I slapped her hand away.

“DON’T TOUCH ME WITH THOSE FILTHY HANDS!” I snapped back.

“And what do you mean it’s not what I think?!! Do you think I’m dumb?! I heard you Jessica! I heard you loud and clear!” she remained quiet. She didn’t try to snap back at me. That’s it

 

Tears began to form in my eyes. This was all just too much. Was she just using me? Didn’t she say she loved just this morning? Why?

 

“Why? Do you have another love? Did you even love me in the first place Jessica? ‘cause I swear to God I loved you.” I threw her questions. Questions I didn’t have the courage to face the answers to, but I had to. I know…I know she loved me, but why is this happening?

“Is there someone else besides me?” I tried again. She inhaled and sighed.

“I…I love three women.”

“W-what? Am I not enough for you? Don’t you love me anymore?! Answer me!!”

“I can’t just let them go… That’s hard Tiff and I wouldn’t even dare do that…They hold something special in my heart.” My heart dropped the moment I heard those words escape from her very lips.

“Then why?! Why can’t you just stick to one?! W-who….” I wanted to know who but no, I might not hold myself any longer.

“…No, no. Don’t answer that…I’m off…I can’t take any more of th—” I wiped my tears and was about to leave when she suddenly grabbed my hand. My back was facing her.

 

“I love three women.”

“I know, I heard you the first time. Please let me g--  ” I don’t know what she’s thinking. Doesn’t she know how hard this is all for me? I tried to pry my hands away.

“You…you whom I loved.” she held my hands tighter, but not tight enough to hurt me. What?

“You who I love.” I stopped struggling. What’s happening? She’s now just near me, behind me.

“and lastly, you whom I’ll love forever and a day.” she hugged me slowly and kissed the back of my head. I completely froze.

“I love those three women. And I love them so much to death.” she confessed in a hushed loving tone, almost like a whisper.

There she goes again.

.

.

.

“I hate you.” I told her with a soft tone.

“Really?” she asked but not surprisingly. We’re talking in a soft hushed voice.

 

I felt her left arm leaving my waist. I missed it instantly but she suddenly grabbed my left hand and slipped a ring.

I gasped.

 

“Do you still hate me?” she questioned me. I know she’s grinning right now. Tears began to fall again from my eyes, not anymore because I’m hurt but the other way around.

 

I’m now whimpering while covering my mouth with my other hand as I try to take all of what’s happening right now.

 

“ ‘cause I know that I love yo—” I interrupted her.

“S-stop...”

“Huh?”

.

.

.

“.....Kiss me.” I told her shyly. I really want to hear those words right now but I can’t top what she has just done. It was just too sweet and I HAVE TO kiss her, like, right now. NOW!

 

I heard her giggle for a moment, then she turned me around. She frowned as she saw my tears but she gingerly wiped them away with her thumbs and leaned in slowly.

 

Foreheads connected. Eyes closed. Lips lightly brushing but not completely touching.

Tiffany I felt her lips mouthed my name. I opened my eyes and stared at her.

 

Tiffany she repeated. I’m now staring at her confusingly.

 

Tiffany she mouthed yet again but now I get what she’s doing.

 

"I love you so much." she whispered and with that, she kissed me fully with so much love. I kissed her back with the same intensity and passion.

She mouthed my name three times. She loves three women. Ah this cheesy jerk…

 

After some minutes of hot, passionate make-out session. We went out of the building together to proceed to our car. On the way back home,

“Jessi?”

“Yes Tiffy?” she brought my hands, that she has been holding all this time while driving, to her lips and kissed it. I smiled at how really sweet my lover is right now (well, she’s always sweet).

“May I know who you were talking to on the phone a while ago and why?” yes, I know it wasn’t anyone I should be jealous of but I was curious.

“That was Mrs. Kwon…you know, Kwon Yuri, Yoona ex-Im’s wife.”

“oh…”

“Since I knew you wouldn’t be able to eat with me and the dandyus, I decided that that was the best time to get what I asked them to, which was the ring that I gave you. Why not go buy them myself you may ask? ‘cause that’s not pre-made, I designed that and asked YoonYul to make it since they own a jewelry shop and all. Oh! Almost forgot!” she stopped the car and went to reach something at the backseat.

“For you. Happy 4th Anniversary Tiffany.” she gave me a bouquet of flowers and pecked my lips.

“Jessi…” I pouted right after she kissed me.

“Yes love?” she asked while thumbing my cheeks. I began to blush again.

“I…I don’t have your gift right now. Is it ok if I give it to you at home?”

“of course! I’m not even expecting any gift right now.”

“Eh?! Why is that?”

“ ‘cause you always give me gifts even when I don’t ask you to and that’s everyday.”

“But I don’t remember giving you anything everyday. Are you on drugs Sooyeon?” I asked her seriously but she started to laugh.

“Letting me stay by your side is already an awesome gift Tiff and I wouldn’t ask for more.” And with that, she gave me her most genuine smile that made me smile as well.

“And I don’t remember taking any drugs but I know I’m addicted to you…perhaps, you’re a drug?” I slapped her shoulder.

“Stop it! Drive! NOW! Less talking, more kissing later ok?” I pecked her and directed her head to the road.

“Yes Ma’am!” she answered playfully and I giggled at her antics.

 

Life may not always be sunshine and butterflies but I know mine would always be brighter than anyone else’s as long as you take flight with me, taking me higher than anything else could. Nothing may be perfect and permanent in this world but I know my love for you isn’t comparable to anything else as long as my love for you grows with yours.

As weird as it may sound, I always loved our little fights. I love how everything ends up, with us growing more in love with each other as we learn from the mistakes done. I wouldn’t trade it for anything else.