Waking Up to Sweet Mornings

Amor Fati: Fated to Love

I woke up to the warm rays of the sun, crawling lightly on my back. As it covers me with its warmth, I felt finger tips travelling along with it down my spine and back up. Heading west to my left shoulder blade and back down my spine again, it stopped and now a hand’s resting on my left hip.


I suddenly felt lips tenderly kissing my forehead. I smiled and released a contented sigh knowing fully the owner of those unoffending hand and lips.

I felt the bed shift and a soft breathing on my lips. I opened my eyes slowly, letting my vision adjust.

The sun was blinding, blocking the eyes I know that were staring at me lovingly, even then, I can still see those lips smiling back at me. Oh how I love waking up to that smile.

After a few seconds, my vision became clear and I can now see those perfect set of dark hazel eyes.

 

“Hey there.” I greeted her with a soft smile.

 

Why not greet with a “good morning”? ‘Cause I know we’re having a good one right now. No need to say, it’s always better for me to show than to tell. But for her……

 

“Hey. Say something. Why do you keep on staring?”

“I’m trying to see if you have wings. My mother told me all angels have them.”

 

……it’s better to tell; tell in the best way she could. And the best way she could express herself is that way, the cheesy way.

There she was again with her never-ending cheesiness, but I’m not complaining. It has always made me feel special.

I hugged the living day lights out of her to let her know that it worked. It made me fall for her again.

 

“Hehe. Are you falling again Tiffy?” she asked me. I know what she meant. Either she thinks I’m falling off of the bed again or falling for her. I’m guessing the first.

“Yes baby, and I won’t mind falling every single time.”

“Huh? That’s weird. Why is that?” she stared at me questioningly. I chuckled at how cute she looks whenever she’s curious.

“I won’t mind falling as long as it’s you that I’ll be falling to.” I told her and a smile began to creep to her lips.

“Oh, my Tiffy’s learning~ that’s cute.”

“But you’re cuter Jessi.” I confessed and gave her my eye-smile.

“Ooooh! A triple kill!” she laughed. Oh how I love that laugh of hers, it always sounded so melodious to my ears I could listen to it forever.

 

We stayed in bed for a while and enjoyed each other’s company before going to work.

I had always loved the mornings. I love waking up knowing my lover’s cuddling with me, waiting for me to wake up and give me that heart melting smile. I wouldn’t trade it for anything else.