Chapter 2: Meet Genie

C for Cover Girl

 

 

Time: July 2nd, 2009

Location: Paris, France

 

While Angela was busy winning over Chun’s heart, a young girl by the name of Genie were trying to do the same with Calvin. She knew exactly who he is thanks to all the magazines on the streets of Taiwan. Fate was on her side when the seat next to him turned out empty and he took the initiative to introduce to herself to him. She knew he had a fiancé but her model experience taught her many things, including how rich people’s relationships work. Half way through the show she told Calvin she was tired and he offered to take her back to her hotel room like she had hoped. Although, Calvin placed the role of a gentleman and didn’t force the issue he quickly made a date by inviting her to dinner. So right now, Genie is in her hotel room busy getting ready for her big date. She knew this night would be the most important night in her life; the rest of her career could be determined tonight. Genie checked her reflection and smiled into the mirror. If someone told her 5 years ago that her career would come down to this she would have laughed and called the person crazy. But 5 years in the model industry can change a person. She saw people with less talent and determination succeeded before she did and she is tired of waiting for fate to shine on her. Tonight could very well be the most important night in her life and she was ready for it.

 

Calvin was at her door at 7:00pm and they were escorted out of the hotel and into his limo. Minutes later they arrived at an elegant French restaurant where Genie enjoyed a fine dinner with each dish probably costing more than her whole month worth of earning. They cheered to a bottle of Pernod-Ricard Perrier-Jouet as Genie tried not to choke on the $50,000 bottle liquor she was drinking. The atmosphere was just right as they danced slowly to the sound of the violin.

 

When Genie woke up the next day, Calvin was already taking a shower. She took this time to survey her surroundings. She was definitely not in her own, 3 –star hotel anymore. She was in one of the specialty suites of the Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris that is steps away from the famous Champs-Elysees. Genie was still amazing by the amount of gold in the room when the Calvin stepped out of the bathroom (which was bigger than her entire hotel room). She pretended to have just woken up and smiled sweetly at him. But Calvin didn’t look at her as he started to put on his expensive designer jeans. Genie looked disappointed but she tried not to show any sign of it. They were both silent until Calvin finished and said: “the maid will be here at 12:00 to clean up. It’s only 10 so you still have time to order breakfast, maybe take a shower. I had a great time last night. Hope you did too.”

 

Calvin turned to leave but he was expecting her to stop him and complain or even attacked him but there was nothing. When he turned around to take a look he was even more surprised. She was snuggling comfortably in his king size bed catching up on some more zzz…