Chapter 1: Meet Angela

C for Cover Girl

Time: July 1st, 2009

Location: Paris, France

At the annual Chanel Summer 2009 Fashion Show, Angela Zhang sat among the elites of society. All around her people were chatting excitedly with those next to them but not Angela. Her full attention was focused on the runway; right now only one person could enter her eyes. His name is Chun Wu, the hottest import from Australia. Unlike all the other male models that were either too cool or too pretentious, Chun has a royalty feel about him and once you set eyes on him you just can’t look away.

Right now Angela’s fiancé Calvin Chen were sitting right next to her but he was too busy flirting with his own target that he probably had no idea what was going through Angela’s mind. That’s exactly what she likes about their relationship. There will be no love between them because their marriage will be base solely on the mutual benefits for their families. They both know this very well so as long as they both play their part of the game their marriage will work out just fine.

The show was reaching its finale and when Chun returned to the stage along with Chanel’s top designers the audience erupted with applause; Angela were among them. Calvin shot a playful look at Angela and she returned the favor with her all knowing look. She smiled when Calvin gave her a slight nod before exiting with a young Taiwanese model.

After the show, Chun returned to his dressing room. He quickly took off the designer clothes and put on his Jordan hoodie. No one would have guessed that this is the same guy whom was just shining brilliantly on stage. Don’t get me wrong, there is nothing Chun enjoyed more than being on stage but sometime even Superman needs a break. Chun took out his wallet, the same wallet he had for more than 10 years now. From within the deep pocket he removed a picture, the same picture he looks at over and over. How are you? Do you think of me some times? He wishes he had the guts to ask her these questions but who are we kidding? He probably can’t find the courage even if the world ends tomorrow.

Angela walked into Chun’s dressing freely as her body guards stood outside the door. Chun was not surprised since this is not their first meeting. Maybe it started about a year ago; she has been at every one of his shows. During their first meeting at the Cover Girl magazine annual charity ball, she came up to him and asked for his last dance. After that they even went out for a few dinners. He knew every well what her intensions are but even he was shocked when she asked him to be his pimp. There will not be any commitment between them because she will never marry him but he can have material things his heart desires. The only condition was that he can’t date any other girls. The offer was tempting but his heart is something even he can’t control. Maybe if they met earlier he would have willingly accepted her offer but it was too late, 12 years too late.

Angela remembered the day he told her his heart already belonged to someone else; she heard her heart break into millions of pieces. But there was no sign of sadness on her face. Instead, she put on a brilliant smile and said to him, one day; you will be in love with me.