Sixth

Tie

Hyesung had never once thought of Junjin being late for classes, since his friend would always be around him and the rest during breaks and after school. The taller male however, had pulled the disappearance act as soon as the bell rang, and Hyesung had been noticing this phenomenon happening for the past few days. It was that Junjin was obligated to stick around them the whole time, but then again, he wasn't his best friend for nothing. Something must be going on, judging from the cheerful (and retarded) smile coming from his friend every now and then during class.

The student nudged his friend in the elbow, distracting him from whatever Eric was saying in front of the class. "Yah Jinnie."

"You're going to get punished again by Eric." his friend replied.

Hyesung rolled his eyes in the usual fashion. "Where have you been after classes these few days?"

The top student felt a gulp down Junjin's throat. Something was definitely up. "Just preparing for my term exams. You know I didn't do too well, right?"

"Right..." he replied, squinting his eyes in suspicion which made Junjin feel even more uncomfortable with the intense gaze. 

The questioned male was surprised that Minwoo and Dongwan hadn't betrayed him by telling Hyesung about his encounter with Andy a few days ago. He glanced over at the pair behind him who were busy using their phones under the tables, quite inconspicuous about it actually. Junjin realised that Hyesung was still staring at him and gave him a feeble smile, hoping that his friend would not pursue the matter any further, not now at least.

"Hyesung, mind explaining this page to the class?" Eric called, his finger at the page they were on.

Junjin silently thanked the teacher, unsure if it was pure coincidence. The class turned their attention towards the said male, though already knowing that this was no unusual scene during Literature lessons. Minwoo and Dongwan looked up from under their tables and snickered at Hyesung who pretended not to notice. Eric waited for Hyesung's reply, though almost certain that he would be answered in the student's usual nochalant attitude. 

"I mind, actually." Hyesung replied, adding a grin on his face as he finished his statement.

Eric smirked at placed his hands on the teacher's table. "Well then, I would expect your full cooperation after class then."

Junjin leaned closer to his friend as soon as Eric resumed the lesson. "You enjoy seeing him after class so much?"

"It's easier than having me answer the obvious in class." he answered his friend, closing his textbook and slouched into the meagre comfort of the chair. 

The bell that signaled the end of the lesson rang 20 minutes later and students began scuffling around, either packing up or getting ready to leave the four-walled classroom. Eric stood by the door as Hyesung took his own sweet time to pack up, deliberately making him wait. Minwoo approached the pair as Dongwan was still keeping his books. "Where shall we go for lunch?"

"You decide. I'll join you after meeting that nuisance." Hyesung answered, throwing a glance at the teacher who was waiting.

"E-erm, I have to study for term exams."

MInwoo gave a suspicious look at the taller male. "You still need to eat. Don't tell me you're going to eat paper scraps." he stated.

Junjin unconciously placed his hand behind his head and rubbed it. "I'll eat as I study. You know, it gets crowded if I eat with you guys, with the books and all."

"Just let him be. Term exams are more important for him at this moment," Dongwan intervented, placing his hand on Junjin's shoulder, "isn't it?"

The tall male nodded, noticing the sly grin and gaze that came from his much shorter friend. Junjin quickly grabbed his books and dashed out of the classroom, not before giving a polite nod to Eric who was still standing at the door. The three friends watched him scoot of the room in hurry and stared at each other. Minwoo and Dongwan knew very well what their fair-skinned friend was busy with these few days, and they were debating whether to tell the best friend.

"How long are you going to make me wait?" Eric said, his loud voice traveled across the room. 

Hyesung rolled his eyes and strapped his bag across his shoulder. "I'll see you later." he said to the pair and headed to find the teacher.

"Well then, let's decide on our own." Minwoo said to Dongwan, placing an arm around the male's shoulders.

Junjin munched on his bread as he waited for Andy to appear at the arranged location. The student knew he loved studying and was convinced that the only reason for his excitement was because he was doing the thing he loved. Still, a part of him realised that Andy made studying more enjoyable, especially with the subject that he hated the most, simply because he wasn't good with it. 

Andy came moments after Junjin was done with his bread, books hugged in his chest as he held two cups of drinks in hand. "You're early, as always." he said to the student as he placed both cups down.

"Have you had lunch?" he asked the teacher, making space for Andy to put his books down.

"I did." he answered with a smile, "have you completed the previous assignment?"

Junjin wished that their conversation lasted longer before Andy went back to being all teacherly, but he could live with it. After all, he was already thankful that Andy volunteered to guide him, though the reason behind it was still puzzling to him. The student grabbed his papers from his bag and handed them to Andy. Afterschool classes had begun again.

Hyesung strolled quietly behind Eric, half dragging his feet across the floor; silence between the teacher and student. Eric finally stopped when they reached the corridor a few feet away from the staff office where it was a blind spot. "I don't get why you like rebelling against me."

"I should say the same to you. Shouldn't my grades make up for my behavior, Eric?" 

Eric ran his hand through his hair at the mention of his own name. "We don't grade students based on results only. You should know that very well. Besides, this is getting tiring."

"If it is, then stop calling me during lessons. It's like you're dying for my attention." Hyesung stated, leaning his body against the white wall.

The teacher was caught off-guard at Hyesung's sentence, but nonetheless rebutted the student with his own argument. "Same to you, Shin Hyesung. It's like you're dying to see me after class." he said, placing a smirk across his face that Hyesung wanted to wipe off.

Hyesung gritted his teeth and huffed. He pulled the straps of his bag on his shoulders and attempted to walk off after another useless meeting with Eric, but the said teacher held him back and pushed him against the wall. 

Eric adjusted Hyesung's tie and straigtened his collar and blazer, smiling as he did so. This made Hyesung wonder if the male teacher had a tie or something, but that thought alone creeped him out. The student gulped and pushed Eric away from him. "If you excuse me." he said, darting off in the directon towards the school gate. Hyesung realised he could never figure out what Eric was thinking.

The teacher chuckled to himself as he watched Hyesung vanish into the crowded hallway. Perhaps the student had been more than observant sometimes, and he was reminded how he should be more careful with his conduct, especially since he was a teacher. Eric made he way towards the staff canteen to get his lunch and stumbled across a familar pair seated at one of the study tables. He stopped momentarily and then walked off, hoping that Andy would be smart enough to know where the line was.

Hyesung joined Minwoo and Dongwan, who had already started eating, at the nearby eatery. He sat down with much force, clearly showing his frustration to his friends. "Chill Hyesungie." Minwoo said to the male.

"Don't remind me." he replied, eyes staring at the menu as he tried to forget about the encounter with Eric. "Speaking of which, do you know what Jinnie is up to recently?" 

The duo stared at each other for awhile before turning their heads towards Hyesung, slightly startling the male. "So you do know." he stated, stressing the words to imply their beytrayal.

"Hey, it wasn't intentional anyway. We just happened to see it, and it wouldn't be fun to tell you everything all the time." Minwoo said in defence, supported by Dongwan who nodded his head in agreement as he munched his food.

Hyesung shook his head and pressed his elbows on the table. "So, what's up?"

Dongwan smiled as if he had struck lottery and answered his friend, "Jinnie is having private sessions with Andy."

The best friend's eyes widen in shock as he tried to process Dongwan's sentence. Thankfully, Minwoo stepped up to reinterpret things for him.

"Don't make it sound so scandalous, Wannie." he said, hitting his partner in the forehead with his fist, "Jinnie's having private tutoring sessions with Andy."

"That's not really helping either." Hyesung stated, sipping from his cup of drink that had just arrived.

The pair let out a grin and continued, "Well, seems to us that Andy volunteered to help him, since his English grades aren't exactly decent."

"Why not Eric?" the older male asked, thinking how pitiful Andy must be having to deal with Eric's half-assed job.

"Who knows?" Minwoo shrugged, "but we do know that Jinnie's a little too excited for this."

Hyesung nodded and thought about what his friends had said. Well, at least he didn't have to think about Eric and his annoyance for now. Junjin would have to answer to a lot of things tomorrow, and the best friend was already grinning just from the idea.

Junjin closed the textbook and stretched his arms out. "Good work today." Andy said to the student, taking off his glasses and chucked them in his shirt pocket. 

"Thanks Andy. I hope I'll do better in the next term exam. When is it again?"

"Two weeks from now. I'm sure you'll do well." the teacher replied and patted his shoulder in assurance.

The student smiled at Andy who got ready to leave. "I'll see you tomorrow."

Junjin waited till Andy left before packing up his study materials. "Two weeks huh?" he mumbled to himself.

Now that lessons with Andy became so regular, seeing him after school daily almost became a habitual routine. Junjin realised that the reason he looked forward after classes was not lunch with his friends but rather the gruling study sessions with the English teacher. Perhaps English wasn't that bad after all. He might have a chance to score for the next exam at the rate things were going.

The tall student grabbed his bag and headed for the school gate. Leaving the campus marked another school day over, and now, he hoped that the two weeks didn't come by so soon.


WOOHOO! I'm finally done with a new chapter. 

I apologize for the super late update. Though it's mostly due to school and all (I just finished my exams and school term not too long ago). Well, here's a slightly longer chapter to make up for the time lost. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE!! <3

I hope the extra Jindy and Ricsyung moment keeps you guys interested! I promise more Woodong to come in the future chapters /coughsooncough/ Please stay with me! xD

Special thanks to these people for the upvotes!

cindymyloves 

feelgyo

zPhantom

omggcece

drellenski

VERY MUCH LOVED <3

Short and sweet A/N shall end here! (I'm rushing for time ><)

Till my next update, keep the love coming! Subscribe, comment and rant!

 

cheers,
cladiot