Second

Tie

"Please be reminded that the homework is due by end of the week."

The students closed their textbooks and got ready for the next class. Tuesdays were the most dreaded day of the week, at least that what Junjin thought. He didn't like how the day seemed to pass much slower, with their class being the one with a different lunch time than the others. His friends thought otherwise though, as they liked the fact that they didn't have to squeeze in the canteen packed with students and teachers who shared similar lunch timings. Junjin stared at the clock and prayed that the hour would quickly fly by.

"Jinnie-ah, lend me your notes." Dongwan asked. The shorter male had apparently went on another daydream session during class, and his notebook remained blank. Dongwan's face brightened when Junjin casually passed his notebook over to him, but then immediately fell when he saw the content equally empty.

"You're not really helping." he commented, throwing the notebook back at his friend.

Junjin shrugged and replied, "Hyesung always has the best notes."

Hyesung turned around at the mention of his name, his reading glasses making his face look smaller. "What?"

"Notes." came the one word answer.

The older male mumbled a string of profanities at his friend as he passed his notes over to him. "You should just ask Minwoo since he's right next to you."

"Only if it wasn't blank."

The trio would have gotten a decent beating from Hyesung if the teacher hadn't stepped in soon after Dongwan grabbed the notebook from his friend. He flashed a grinned at Hyesung and signaled him to turn around, in which Hyesung glared right back before doing just as he was told.

The hour seemed more painful as minutes passed, by now most of them were starving and none could concentrate when the female teacher explained the concept of Calculus. When the bell finally rang, the class cheered, much to the displease of their teacher. She understood however, and left right after she assigned them homework. Junjin closed his notebook which contents were pretty similar to the one before - blank. 

"Let's go. I'm starving." he said to the other three.

They entered the much empty canteen, with only a few teachers on their coffee break around. "Being a teacher is really good huh? Coffee breaks whenever you want." the disgruntled male commented.

"You know that's not true. They have timetables to stick to." Dongwan said to his younger friend.

The four ordered their food and tucked in, their hunger making the food much tastier than it actually was. Hyesung was busy checking out his phone when Minwoo called out to him. "Hyesungie, stop staring at your phone." the shorter male lectured.

Hyesung rolled his eyes and put his phone into his pocket. "I'm still listening to the conversation you know." he retorted his friend.

"It's manners." Minwoo replied, "and I wanted to ask you if you've finished your literature assignment."

The 18 year old sighed at the thought of Eric's class. As much as he was good at that particular subject, it wasn't his favourite class. Eric always seemed to pick on him for the most absurd of reasons. The irony was the fact that Hyesung was actually the best student in his class, so the student couldn't understand why Eric loved teasing him, in and out of class. "Yeah I'm done with it.' he replied Minwoo after a while.

"Speaking of which, I haven't seen Eric or Andy around today." Dongwan commented as he eyed around the canteen.

"They're having classes at level 5 today." Junjin replied in between mouthful of rice.

"You seem well aware of their timetable." Minwoo pointed out, narrowing his eyes in suspicion. 

Junjin faked a cough. "I saw Eric while returning notes just now. And please don't do that, your eyes are small enough."

Hyesung and Dongwan burst out in laughter at Junjin's comment.

When lessons ended for the day, the trio decided to crash in Hyesung's dorm to complete their homework. Due to his parents' work, there was usually no one around in Hyesung's place. Thus he decided to stay in the school's dorm unlike his friends who returned home everyday. Well of course, sometimes they stayed over when they were too tired, much to Hyesung's chagrin as his room wasn't exactly big to begin with.

"I don't know how can you be late when you live in the dorm." Minwoo said to Hyesung who was currently writing.

Hyesung looked up at his friend. "It's a Monday thing. Can't help it that the timetable changed for this semester."

"That's bull. You've always been at loggerheads with Eric since he became our teacher."

"Things would have been fine if he didn't find faults with me." the older man replied, twirling his pen in between his fingers.

Minwoo raised his eyebrows in amusement. Truth is, he found it weird too, that Eric loved picking on his top student. But then again, Hyesung was known to be pretty rebellious, so it wasn't surprising that teachers had a tendency to blacklist him. The only thing that helped him were his grades. The shorter male chuckled and said nothing as he returned to his work.

The four still dressed in their uniforms headed out for dinner together after they've completed their work, or at least they tried to. With the fooling around coming from Dongwan and Minwoo, and later Junjin who had joined in the fun, Hyesung found himself wasting more time lecturing them than actually getting work done. Junjin decided to walk back to school with Hyesung, since his house was within a walking distance. Dongwan and Minwoo bade goodbye earlier at the bus stop and went on their own.

"What do we have tomorrow?" he asked.

Hyesung checked his mobile and replied, "Math lecture, tutorials, history and literature."

Junjin nodded in acknowledgement and continued walking. He stopped right outside the school and watched as Hyesung flashed his ID to the security guard on night duty. Just as Hyesung was about to step in, a car drove out of the carpark and honked at them. The two students watch the car come to a stop and the windows were rolled down, showing two familar faces.

"Students shouldn't be hanging out at this time, especially when you're still in uniform." the driver lectured, to which his passenger gave an agreeing nod.

Hyesung rolled his eyes at the familar sight. "It's just after dinner time. We're heading home anyway." he said, waving his ID at Eric.

"And you?" Eric asked Junjin, eyeing the male who stood outside the gates of the school.

"My house is just down the street. I'll be walking back."

Junjin spotted Andy whispering something to Eric and he furrowed his brows. "Hop in. I'll give you a lift."

Both students widened their eyes. "It's fine..." Junjin muttered, still shocked at the sudden offer.

"It's more troublesome for us if you end up in trouble." Eric answered.

The two teachers didn't seem like they would take no for an answer, and Junjin stepped into the car after much persuasion from Hyesung.

"Don't forget tomorrow's homework submission." Eric yelled out to Hyesung, who pretended not to hear as he continued walking inside the school.

The atmosphere in the car was awkward after Junjin told Eric his address. The three men said nothing throughout the ride; the only sound accompanying them was the music coming from the radio. The silence was killing Junjin and he felt as if he needed to say something, anything. "You listen to English songs?" he asked, the only thing he could come up with.

It was Andy, however, who let out a laugh and replied the younger male. "It's only natural isn't it? We do teach English after all." 

Junjin nodded. He thought about his position at the moment and smiled to himself. He was sure that the girls in school would be jealous and would flip if they saw him in the car. After all, Eric and Andy were two teachers that they'd do anything to get close to, and the teachers themselves seem aware of that fact. The student fumbled with his fingers, thankful that his house was right after the next turn.

The car came to a stop by the pavement and Junjin grabbed his belongings. "Thanks for the ride. See you in school tomorrow." he said to the teachers sitting in the front seats.

"Has anybody ever said that students nowadays lack manners? We're your seniors you know." Eric said, though it was obvious that he was simply joking with the younger male.

"I don't think we should let a teacher-student barrier affect our communication. Besides, calling you Eric-seonsaengnim and Andy-seonsaengnim just sounds weird. Don't you agree?" the student replied, his hand reaching out for the door handle.

Eric and Andy looked at each other and burst out in laughter. "That's a very interesting view you have." Andy commented.

Junjin gave an awkward laugh and thanked his teachers once again before leaving the car. Eric drove off after watching his student enter the block, his eyes focused on the road. Andy said nothing at first, until he couldn't stand that aura that Eric giving out. "Eric yah. I know you're angry." the younger of the two said.

"You just had to do it, didn't you?" the driver replied.

Andy put his hand over his mouth to cover the snicker he had. "Come on, Junjin just happens to be Hyesung's best friend. It can't be helped that they're always together."

"I really hate this playful part of you, Andy."

"Anyway, you have class with them tomorrow." Andy continued, ignoring the latter's previous comment, "Be happy that you'll get to see your favourite student."

Eric stopped his car. "Don't enter the wrong apartment, Andy-seonsaengnim."

Andy chuckled and stepped out of the car, knowing that Eric was starting to get annoyed. 


Hellos people! I'm back with the second chapter. ^^

First of all, thank you for the very much well-received reviews/comments on the first chapter! I'm glad that many of you like it and look forward to it~

As i've mentioned previously, I know how typical a school-theme can get, so I'll try my best to make it as unique and interesting as it can get! I'm not the biggest fan of cliche plots as well xD

Special thanks to these lovely upvoters! 

muhandoejunlover

ramyunfave

hyuu_hikari

andynapark

yDeathEater

sarasirpishinhwa

DonDon

CM_Style

VERY MUCH LOVED <3

I hope you guys continue to support this fic from here on!

Till my next update, subscribe, comment and rant! Don't stay silent! xD

 

cheers,
cladiot