Third

Tie

The weather was unusually warm for an autumn day. The students, both male and female, wanted nothing but to remove their ties and bows from the collars of their uniform, if they could that is. Fortunately and unfortunately for them, they had only one class left and it lasted till late afternoon when the sun was shining brightly in their faces. Even the ceiling fans that usually sent papers flying all over the room appeared to be useless today.

Minwoo's gaze turned towards his seatmate when he noticed that Dongwan wasn't really paying attention in class. He peered over at his notebook and noticed useless scribbles instead of notes on the lined paper. He wasn't in a position to nag at his friend though, since the content on his notebook was pretty much the same. Science had never been his favourite subject. When the much awaited bell finally rang, the male chuckled to himself, knowing that things would get interesting in the next lesson - English Literature.

The tall teacher stepped into the noisy classroom and placed his materials on the table with a loud (unintentional) slam. The students immediately returned back to their seats and got ready for lessons. Eric glanced around the classroom for absentees before telling them to open their textbooks. Hyesung constantly checked the clock hung on the wall ever since class began, it was inevitable. After all, the heat was getting to him and he could see other student starting to loosen their ties.

"Hyesung, please explain the last stanza on the page." the male teacher called out. 

The student cursed under his breath, knowing that Eric must have realise his half-heartedness during the lessons. Eric chuckled to himself as his favourite student stood up to answer him. He wanted to laugh out loud at the kid, because Hyesung was inconspicuous in showing his disinterest. The teacher spotted the droplets of sweat that formed on the student's forehead, realising that he wasn't the only one who felt the heat.

"What the author means is that-"

"Don't you think Eric is teasing him again?" Junjin asked Minwoo, not bothering to listen to Hyesung's explanation in class.

Minwoo smiled and nodded without looking at him, his head buried into his notebook. It was Dongwan however, who overheard the conversation and answered the fair-skinned male. "It happens every time. I'm no longer amused." he said, though his tone was clearly that of amusement.

Hyesung sat down after a mouthful of explanation, sending the teacher a glare as his touched the seat. Eric flashed a smile and returned to the whiteboard.

The highly anticipated bell finally rang, earning many cheers and sigh of relief from the students. Eric left the class after collecting their work and as soon as he stepped out of the class, the guys in class began undoing their ties and collars. 

"Let's chill out in the cafe. This weather in unbearable." a student said to another. 

Junjin approached Minwoo with his bag slung on his shoulder. The taller male was ready to leave class and was waiting for the rest to pack up as he checked his mobile. Minwooo and Dongwan were to next to get ready, leaving only Hyesung still stuffing his textbooks into his bag.

"Hurry up will you?" Dongwan nagged.

Hyesung hastily grabbed his belongings and turned to face his friends. "Shut up, I'm done already."

The quartet headed out of school to a nearby eatery for their late lunch, their uniforms somewhat unkempt with their ties finally loosened. The good student Junjin knew that they would get scolded if any teachers caught them in inappropriate attire, but he was perspiring too much to be thinking of the consequences. Minwoo pushed opened the door to the air-conditioned bistro; the sudden gush of cool air greeted them like the spring breeze.

"Get me a chicken burger meal." Minwoo said to Hyesung who was still standing.

"I want an upsized beef burger." Dongwan said conveniently.

"Make that two." Junjin added.

The still standing male stared at his friends and glared. "Why am I the one ordering?"

"Because you're the last one to sit." they replied in unison.

Hyesung punched the three of them in head before walking reluctantly to the counter, making them laugh as they watched him disappear into the crowd. He did not realise the people sitting at the table whom he just passed and joined the queue, tapping his foot impatiently as he swiped his phone. 

The laughter of the three other guys were blended in with the noisy atmosphere in the eatery, they were so caught up in their conversation that they didn't notice two familar figures approaching them. Junjin was almost too surprised when he spotted the two men standing behind Minwoo and Dongwan, their faces in his clear view.

"Ahem." came the low voice.

"Ah Eric, Andy." Junjin greeted, making his two friends turn around.

Minwoo laughed at the sight of the two teachers, surely coincidences like these don't happen in real life, he thought to himself. Dongwan snickered and asked, "What brings you two here? After school routine check?"

"Not really," Andy replied, "but now that you mentioned, your attire and ties..."

The shortest among the three pinched Dongwan on the flesh, making him wince in pain. "You should have kept your mouth shut."

"Hot weather, you know." Minwoo said in excuse.

Junjin stood up to apologise and tucked in his shirt and straightened his tie. The other two followed suit and Minwoo checked the queue to see if Hyesung was done with the orders. He saw his friend picking up the tray and started making his way towards the table, completely unaware of the two unwanted guests at their table.

Eric felt a nudge on his side and turned to face Andy, giving him a curious expression. The younger male simply in the direction in which Hyesung was approaching, making Eric roll his eyes in annoyance. Andy chuckled to himself as he wondered what his taller friend would do.

Hyesung sat the trays down and realised the two extra people standing behind Minwoo and Dongwan. He sighed and rolled his eyes at Eric before flashing Andy a polite smile. "I didn't know teachers stalk their own students." he said as he reached out for a fry.

"We don't have to if every student stick by the rules." the English teacher answered.

"Rules don't apply after school."

The others felt the impending battle between the two about to start and tried to divert their attention elsewhere. Eric's sharp eyes refused to let things go unnoticed though as he moved forward and bent down to an eye level with Hyesung, startling the others with their close proximity.

The quick-minded student knew what was coming and hurriedly reached up for his tie, but Eric had been one step ahead and caught hold of the material. His hands worked along the cloth and the tie was neat again. Hyesung gulped down his breath and swiped the teacher's hands away.

"The weather is too warm." he complained.

Eric stuffed his hands into his pockets. "Rules are still rules."

Hyesung ignored Eric's words and continued eating. Andy figured it was probably time for them to leave and dragged Eric away after bading goodbye to the four. "Bye Andy." Junjin replied and waved at them along with the rest.

Minwoo stared at Hyesung after the teachers left. "What's going on between you and Eric?"

"What else? You know we've been like this since day one." he replied, taking another bite from his burger.

The shorter male put out a finger and shook it. "No no, Eric's interested in you. Whatever it is."

Dongwan and Junjin nodded in agreement as they listened to Minwoo's statement. The older male looked up at his friends and gave them a disagreeing sigh. "You're judging it based on?"

"He wouldn't help you with your tie if he wasn't. He didn't do it for us."

"Tch," Hyesung scoffed, "that annoying bastard."

Minwoo smiled to himself and continued with his food, knowing that his stubborn friend would never listen to him in the first place. To be honest, he wasn't sure of anything himself, but the thought of teasing Hyesung simply amused him. Now, he could understand why Eric picked on his friend in class, but what happened out of class was a complete different matter.

"Why are you smiling to yourself?" Dongwan asked.

"Oh nothing." Junjin answered, realising that the question was directed at him.

Hyesung took the chance to direct the attention to his best friend. "So, how did yesterday's ride go?"

"They just sent me home, that's all." 

The two males who had no idea what happened got curious and started questioning their friend, leaving Hyesung laughing to himself in one corner and he ate and watched Junjin getting all flustered and nervous.

Revenge was sweet, even if some sacrifices were needed.


Alright people! I'm back! Decided to finally update before my upcoming exams. I apologise for the late update, few things have been going on around me, mainly concert rehearsals and projects. Of course, my LAZINESS plays a part too. I admit it alright. xD

It's a short chapter I know, but I still hope that you guys enjoy this! Almost suffered from a writer's block for this chapter because I didn't know how to begin. I've actually changed the opening paragraph a number of times. Thankfully, the hot weather here in my country gave me the inspiration!

I'm actually really thankful and OVERWHELMED by the number of positive comments I get from all of you. I mean, 24 upvotes?! I'm barely halfway through the story you know ;___;

Special thanks to every so far!

muhandoejunlover

ramyunfave

hyuu_hikari

andynapark

yDeathEater

sarasirpishinhwa

DonDon

CM_Style

Izzymon

orangekath

5forever1

nightsky10

k-aeri

ozoxee

gothgirl483

eleman

russianrose

Darkfire

shinhwaengland

ChoKyute

andy_dyan

BabyKey

KMinPark45

LOVED AND DEEPLY APPRECIATED BY ME! <3
 
Well then, till my next update (probably when my exams are over in 3 weeks), subscribe, comment and rant! Anything is fine!
 
PS: ANYONE EXCITED FOR THE NEW SEASON OF SHINBANG? XD I AM!
 
cheers,
cladiot

A/N: CORRECTED SOME GRAMMAR MISTAKES AND TYPOS. SORRY IF YOU THOUGHT IT WAS A NEW CHAPTER ><