Fifth

Tie

Dongwan wasn't someone who would budge into matters unless someone asked him to, but the unpleasant aura that came from Hyesung was spreading throughout the class, fogging up the already hot and humid room. The shortest of the four soon came to realise that the above mentioned man wasn't the only reason why, because his seat mate was apparently contributing to the rising atmosphere in as well. Dongwan noticed however, that Junjin had been rather nervous than pissed as compared to Hyesung. 

The male wanted to nudge at his partner, but saw that Minwoo was actually paying attention in class for once and decided not to disturb him. Well, the reason was probably because of the y female teacher that came to relief their Math teacher for today. Dongwan eyed his seat mate for a few moments before turning away, a sense of unknown bitterness engulfed him. He said nothing to his friends until it was lunch break, cheerfully and playfully placing both his arms around the shoulders of Hyesung and Junjin.

"Yah!" they yelled in unison from the shock. 

Dongwan flashed them a grin, "You two are so serious today. You're no fun."

Hyesung rolled his eyes irritation. "Because I have better things to do. Term exams are coming up."

"So says the top student from our class." came a scoff from the back. 

They turned around and saw Minwoo approaching, his face plastered with the same grin as Dongwan. Hyesung wanted to wipe that smirk off his face, and it didn't help that Junjin was staying silent, somewhat oblivious to his surroundings. "Jinnie-ah, why are you so quiet today?"

Junjin turned his head and gave a blurry gaze to his friend. "H-huh? I'm just tired from all the studying."

Minwoo squinted his eyes in suspicion. "The goody-two-shoes Junjin getting tired? That's new."

"I'm still human you know." he retorted, turning his book to the cover page and stuffed it in his bag. "Lunch?"

The cafeteria was rather empty today despite it being lunch hour. The four managed to get their seats quite easily and set off to place their orders. Dongwan volunteered to watch after their belonging while the rest went ahead first. The male sat alone and meddled with his phone as he waited, until he noticed that a few teachers were seated at the table right across theirs. He mumbled something about their luck and greeted his friends when they came back with their food.

"Why did we pick this table?" he questioned to no one in particular.

"It's near the food stall." his partner replied, snapping open his disposable chopsticks with a loud click. 

Dongwan sighed and pointed his fingers in the opposite direction to tell his friends about the teachers before making his way to order. Hyesung and Minwoo briefly glanced over at the table to see who was sitting there and returned to their food. Junjin peered a little longer, trying to see if a particular teacher was seated amongst the group. He sighed in relief when he saw that there were no English teachers around.

"Yah Junjin." Hyesung called, his tone slightly harsh. "You're being weird today. You seem... cautious."

The said man froze at the mention of Hyesung's last word. "Really? I think it's just the exams getting to me." he lied, praying that his cold sweat would not start trickling down his forehead.

"Don't study too hard~" Minwoo chimed, which earned himself a slap from his taller friend.

"Don't spread your influence to him. I don't want him to be Special Stupid number two." Hyesung warned.

Junjin tried to laugh along with them and mentally thanked Dongwan when he returned with food in his hand, bringing the attention away from him.

Eric was starting to get annoyed at the constant clicking of the ballpoint pen coming from the man beside him. He furrowed his brows and tried to ignore the annoying 'click-clack', but eventually gave up. "Will you stop it?" he screamed in annoyance.

"Sorry." Andy apologized and placed the pen on the table.

The taller male shook his head and sighed. "Shouldn't you be excited and happy? You'll be tutoring him in an hours' time. Privately." he said to his friend, placing emphasis on the last word which made Andy shudder.

"I know you're having fun, Eric Mun."

Eric let out an amused laughter and continued, "I don't get it. The two of you shouldn't be feeling nervous, it's just a teacher guiding his student that's all."

"I'll remind you that helping Junjin should be your job instead." Andy retorted, eyes still focused on the papers that he was marking.

"Oops, I have classes now. See you later, Andy-seonsaengnim." the cheeky teacher answered and walked off.

Andy checked his watch and let out a sigh. It was about time he started making his way to the study area to meet Junjin. Grabbing his materials and pen, he straightened his tie and left the staff office while trying to pace his hastening heartbeat.

Junjin was already seated at the table, books and papers placed in a lazy pile on the wooden surface. He had his earphones plugged and nodded his head along with the rhythm of the music, oblivious to Andy's approach towards him. The student looked up in surprised when he felt the impact of books placed on the table, only to see the English teacher smiling at him. "Hi Junjin."

"H-hi Andy." the said student replied, cursing himself for the stutter in his speech. 

"So, shall we begin?"

The two spent almost half the afternoon going through lecture notes and past tests papers. Andy made sure that Junjin understood what went wrong with each question before moving on to the next. All this time, the student tried his best not to stare at the male who was just inches away from him. Junjin knew that others simply saw them as teacher and student, but he could not help but feel bugged by the fact that Andy wasn't exactly a teacher for his classes. 

"You have to use a semi-colon instead of a comma here because you are linking two ideas together. Do you get it?" 

"Erm... yeah." he replied, half missing what his teacher had just mentioned.

Andy stared as Junjin wrote down the corrections on the paper. He knew that the student's mind was occupied with something else. After years of teaching, it isn't hard to realise that your student is not fully focused in class. The teacher placed his pen down on the table and stood up, making Junjin look up from his paper in puzzlement.

"Is coffee fine?" 

"Huh?"

"Coffee. I'm grabbing some drinks. Is coffee alright for you?" Andy repeated.

Junjin nodded and the teacher went off to get the drinks. The male let out a heavy but relieved sigh as he watched Andy disappear into the corridor. He didn't know how much he could keep up with the fast-paced teaching although he knew Andy was trying really hard to make sure he understood. The effort was much appreciate, but Junjin knew the fault mainly lied with himself. He flipped the book to the previous page and went through the questions again.

"Jinnie!" he heard a familar voice call.

The said male froze as he recognised the voice, what's worst was the fact that he heard the footsteps of two people approaching. He turned around with a forced smile to greet his visitors. "Hi Minwoo and Wannie."

"Studying?" the taller of the two asked.

"Yeah."

"Hmmm..." the two said, noticing the amount of notes on the table that didn't seem to cover just one person. Dongwan mumbled something into Minwoo's ear and they let out a chuckle. Junjin felt an impending nightmare that was about to happen, and it didn't help that Andy suddenly returned with two warm cups of coffee in hand.

"Hi Andy!" the cheerful students greeted.

"Hi Minwoo, Dongwan. Not studying for the term exams?"

"We were just about to head off to the library." Minwoo lied, "I see that you're helping Jinnie with his studies?"

Andy glanced at Junjin for moment before answering him. "You could say that."

"I see. Shall not disturb you guys then." Dongwan answered, throwing a cheeky grin at Junjin before walking off with Minwoo. 

Junjin watched his friends trying to contain their laughter as they went off in the opposite direction. He was sure that hell would break loose for him later in the evening, and perhaps tomorrow if luck decided to be on his side.

"Here's your coffee."

"Thanks."

He reached out to grab the coffee from Andy and almost dropped the drink as his fingers brushed against those of his teacher's. Andy quickly held on to the cup and placed it on the table. "You alright?"

Junjin gave a nod, and sipped from the cup. The warm liquid slid down his throat and calmed his nerves; he glanced at Andy from time to time, watching the teaching mark his worksheet. The area that made contact with Andy's finger still tingled, and Junjin was convinced that it was simply nothing more than just his brain messing with him due to exam stress.


TADA~ I'm back with another chapter!

Not too much Ricsyung (in fact almost none) in this chapter. The slight Woodong here and there, plus more Jindy moments! Hope you guys enjoyed this funny bit.

Thanks for waiting and reading! I love to hear from you guys after every chapter ^^

Special thanks to these wondeful upvoters!
 

tryptophobics

ricjindy

milu23

 

LOVED AND APPRECIATED DEARIES <3

 

Till my next update, subscribe, comment and rant! Your prize shall be quicker updates! xD

cheers,
cladiot