Fourth

Tie

It was only weeks away from term tests and most students were busy mugging in the library or in the quietest place they could find in school. Those who were lucky managed to get the good spots in the campus while others had to bury their heads in fast food restaurants or in their homes where distraction proved to be more harm than good.

Even with the best attitude amongst the four, it did not meant that Junjin had the best brains. He often found himself struggling with subjects while his best friend Hyesung and the rest could pass papers with breeze. The tallest of the four sighed as he got his mock exam paper back, he could tell from the looks on his teachers' face that he hadn't done well - as usual. 

Minwoo peered at the sheet placed on his friend's table; whether it was out of concern or mockery was a questionable thought. "Yah Jinnie." he called.

The said man turned around and look at Minwoo who had a smile plastered on his face. "I know. Just shut up."

Hyesung wasn't surprised by the near perfect score that appeared on his paper. It was English after all. His gaze turned towards Junjin whom he knew that the results weren't exactly pleasing to the eye. "It's just English. You have subjects you're better at, isn't it?" he said, in an attempt to cheer his best friend up.

"Thanks, but that ain't gonna work." the fair-skinned student replied, "you know it isn't JUST English. There's English literature too."

The bell interrupted Hyesung's next sentence as Junjin and Dongwan stood up to head for their next class. Minwoo sent a nudge to his seat mate and told him to watch after their friend. "He'll get over it." came the monotonous reply from the shorter male.

Eric and Andy had their seats placed next to each other in the teachers' office. The taller of the two was busy marking scripts while the other sorting out the notes to be given out to his class. It was relatively quiet in the office; the rest of the staff were having their respective classes. Andy tidied his notes and peeked over at his friend. "The same results?"

"I shouldn't be surprised." Eric replied, pushing his spectacle frame up his nose bridge. 

Andy let out a laugh and patted his back. "I still don't know why Junjin chose to take English."

Eric raised his brow at the mention of his student's name. "I didn't say I was marking his script though."

The younger male went slightly flustered and hastily stood up. He quickly grabbed his materials and left the office, leaving Eric chuckling alone to himself like an idiot in the office.

Dongwan and Junjin walked corridor to the next class venue, the footsteps of other students who were also moving sounded across the lengthy hallway. Neither had been paying attention to their surroundings, until an impactful bump forced the taller male towards the side, followed by the sound of papers falling to the polished floors.

"S-sorry." he heard a familar voice said and looked down.

Dongwan snickered as soon as he saw the teacher picking up his notes from the floor. Junjin bent down and helped him with the sheets. "Going for class?"

"Ahh yes. You?" Andy replied, tidying the notes against the floor before placing them in his file again.

"I have humanities with Dongwan at block B." the student replied, his finger pointing towards the said direction.

Junjin stood up and handed the remaining notes to Andy before giving a slight bow and walked off with the still snickering Dongwan. Andy stared at the notes in his hand, lost in his own thoughts until the final ring from the bell signaled him to get to class. 

When school ended that day, the four headed down to their usual eatery to have their meal. It was much emptier today, considering most students were busy mugging for the upcoming exams. Hyesung knew that Junjin needed the time to study, but obviously his friend was not going to get anything productive done if he was left alone in the first place. Minwoo munched down on his food and called for the attention of the others.

"The girls from Andy's class told me that we have to pass either English or literature to get promoted this year."

Junjin flinched slightly at the mention of the name. In fact, the thought of the teacher alone had been bothering him for the past weeks, especially after the ride home with him that day. Well, mainly because Andy was probably the nicest teacher on campus and it wasn't unusual if he felt something special about him. Right?

Hyesung eyed his friend after Minwoo completed his sentence. By the looks of how things were going, his best friend was going to be in trouble, even if it was just the start of the semester. Eric would definitely hate it if his class had a failure; and Hyesung felt that it was a responsibility as a friend to guide Junjin through this.

"Jinnie-ah, don't you you think you need a tutor?"

Minwoo slapped his own forehead when he heard Hyesung ask that. He knew all too well that Junjin's pride would never let it happen. Besides, it was already bad enough that his results were the worst amongst the four of them even though he was the most studious. The world isn't fair, but Minwoo knew that Junjin didn't need the pity. True enough, the taller male shook his head at Hyesung and kindly declined the suggestion. "I'll sort it out myself."

English literature happened the next day and Eric repeated the same words that the girls have told Minwoo. Unlike how Hyesung felt watched every time the man stepped into class, he could feel the attention diverted towards his seat mate today. Eric had emphasized on the importance of passing English, and Hyesung saw Junjin gulp each time the teacher mentioned that.

"Hyesung, I need to see you after class."

The said student and the class did not feel indifferent since they knew Eric was simply out to make life difficult for Hyesung. Hyesung however, realised it was strange, since Eric should be calling on his partner instead.

"What's up?" the teenager asked, arms crossed and leaning against the wall.

"Look," Eric began, "as Junjin's seat mate, I hope you can do something about his English results. I don't expect to see any failure in my class."

Hyesung scoffed, "In the end, it's still about your perfomance as a teacher."

"It's about him getting promoted too." he replied, not denying the fact that Hyesung just mentioned.

"You know I've tried. But I know that every man has their own pride and Junjin happens to have a really great one."

Eric moved himself closer to Hyesung, his arm now placed above the student's head, as if trapping him to the wall. "It's not just about me and him. He's your friend right?" 

Hyesung rolled his eyes at the teacher and nodded. "I'll see what I can do. No promises. Besides, Jinnie has already said he'll sort it out himself."

Eric reached for his tie and straightened it, giving him a pat on the shoulders before walking off after a cheerful "Great."

Andy met Eric outside the staff office and held the door for him. "How did your class go?" he asked, walking next to his friend as they returned to their tables.

"Junjin needs a tutor." was all that he said before sitting down on the chair and arranged his worksheets.

The younger male understood that Eric had purposely directed that statement at him with an underlying meaning. Junjin was a nice kid, at least when compared to Hyesung whom Eric adored so much. But he couldn't do much with helping the kid since he wasn't teaching in his class. Honestly, Andy did not see the obligation to help Junjin, even if it was his responsibility as a teacher. Eric probably figured something out, and Andy was almost certain that his friend did it on purpose to spark the education 'passion' within him.

"Eric Mun, I hate you." he said before standing up with his files and left the office.

"Two can play at a game." the older male mumbled to himself as he flipped through the homework his class had just submitted.

Junjin was chewing on a bread down the hallway when he felt a tap on his shoulder. He turned around and saw the familar face which almost made him run. "Andy!" he exclaimed, surprised by the teacher's appearance.

"Hi Junjin," the teacher said and paused. He looked around and dragged the student by the arm to a corner, "I heard from Eric that you aren't doing too well for English."

Junjin rolled his eyes in annoyance and embarrassment. "Ah, the office gossips isn't it?" he stated, ruffling his hair and looked away.

"If you say so." Andy replied, "Well, I'm just here to do my job as a teacher, since Eric obviously isn't helping you much."

The student raised his eyebrows in curiosity. "And?"

"What I'm saying is, I'm going to tutor you for English, both the language and literature. I know you probably don't want help seeing that you have your pride, but I suppose you would accept it if it's coming from me? As a teacher I mean." Andy continued, trying to pick out the right words so that Junjin wouldn't misunderstand.

"But you're not even teaching any of my classes." he replied, puzzled by the enthusiasm coming from the teacher.

Andy let out a laugh. "I've already said that I'm just doing my job as a teacher. It's obvious that between Eric and I, who's the better help isn't it? Besides, we teacher's get our performance graded as well. Let's just say that I'm trying to help Eric here too."

Junjin stared at his half-eaten bread and thought for a while. Perhaps what Andy said made sense, and it was true that he needed the help. But most of all, he had a feeling that Andy was the only one who could help him.

"I guess fine..."

The teacher smiled and patted his shoulder. "Great, so where do we start?"


Hi guys! Just a little update before my major exam next week. I know I was supposed to hold this off till my exams are over, but I see that many of you are waiting for this to update, so I thought I should just write a bit to keep you guys entertained xD

You'd probably realise that there's quite an amount of Jindy in this chapter. 2 reasons for it actually. Firstly, it's because I needed a slight break from all the Ricsyung. I mean, a story gets boring if it just revolves around the same characters, doesn't it? The second reason is because I'm gonna be missing Andy from ShinBang. (Due to his gambling incident) so I thought I'd want to write more of him in the chapter.. It's sad, I know D:

Well, whatever the case is. I hope you guys enjoyed this little update from me ^^

Special thanks to these lovely upvoters! 

BabyBird

JennyJ

Songhabnida

jhengot

hideandhide

LOVED AND APPRECIATED! <3

 

Till my next update, subscribe, comment and rant!  I missed you guys in the previous chapter! >< Remember, only through words will I be able to know that my writing is keeping you guys happy~ ^^ Share the Changjo love!

 

cheers,
cladiot