Feathered Floor

Mediis (In Between)

 

It was Kyungsoo's second day in what Luhan fondly called feathered floor, Kyungsoo had only understood when he took a step outside of the white room and was greeted with what seemed to be an endless sea of white. Upon closer inspection he found out it was actually feathers covering every inch of available land, when he had woken up today Luhan was nowhere to be found and so he began to wander the still foreign land alone.

To his delight as he kept on walking the feathers began to change in color and as they turned darker he found himself getting more excited. He made his way to a tree in the distance and lowered himself onto the soft pitch black feathers, he leant against the trunk and closed his eyes allowing himself to relax.

Everything felt so surreal as if he was dreaming, he expected to feel anger or sadness at finding out he died but instead he felt relieved and light. Something soft brushed against his cheek and he jumped startled as black eyes bored into his when he opened them.

"Who are you?" Kyungsoo managed to squeak out pushing the person backwards, uncomfortable at the lack of space between them.

"Kai," his voice made Kyungsoo shiver it was nothing like Luhan's warm and calming voice.

"I'm Kyungsoo, Do Kyungsoo" he said trying to get rid of the awkwardness and failing, Kai seemed amused he sat down across Kyungsoo gazing at the black feathers by their feet.

"I'm impressed usually everyone runs when they see me," he tried to sound nonchalant but Kyungsoo was always able to tell when someone felt sad, the fear he felt drained away slowly. He studied the younger looking boy carefully.

"I don't understand why they would," Kai looked up surprised,

"They don't like the black feathers," he explained. He picked up a feather, "They say my soul's as dark as these feathers..."

Kyungsoo curled a hand over his daringly,

"There is beauty in darkness," he smiled at Kai's bewildered look, "I think you’re enough proof of that.”

 

-

 

"Luhan.." Luhan smiled and beckoned Kyungsoo closer,

"I was wondering where you've been all day," he said pulling Kyungsoo to sit beside him,

"Did you wander far?"

Kyungsoo nodded and held up a black feather, Luhan paused before holding out his palm. Kyungsoo placed the feather in Luhan's palm and gasped as it turned grey almost white at the touch. Luhan grinned at his astonished look,

"I'm guessing you've met the resident black sheep Kai," he said

"You don't like him either?" Kyungsoo asked slightly disappointed, "He's actually very nice a bit bitter maybe but nice none the less."

"I don't dislike him," Luhan said chuckling a bit, "He's the one that doesn't like me, he doesn't like the fact that I change the colors of the black feathers!"

Kyungsoo started laughing at Luhan’s sudden sour expression.

"Really?" Luhan nodded sadly,

"I was just trying to be friendly so I approached him but as soon as I stepped on some black feathers they turned grey," he said, "You should have seen the fit he threw, haven't been back since,"

Luhan passed the feather back to Kyungsoo,

“You’re a saint Kyungsoo, no one else bothers to befriend him,” Luhan’s praise spread warmness across Kyungsoo’s chest, he looked down shyly.

“You’ve tried,” he said making Luhan laugh,

“And I was deeply rejected,” his smile faded as he looked off into the distance,

“Even after death no one wants to be my friend,”

Kyungsoo’s eyes dropped to Luhan’s arms where his sleeves had slightly ridden up, he wasn’t surprised to see the fading twin scars across Luhan’s wrists. He grabbed Luhan’s hand gently running his thumb across the scars on Luhan’s left wrist. Luhan tried pulling away looking slightly ashamed but Kyungsoo held on forcing Luhan to meet his gaze.

“I’m your friend,”

Luhan’s eyes widened, Kyungsoo blinked owlishly as a chill ran down his spine. He repeated himself again this time words coming out hollow and distant, a wave of dizziness hit him forcing him to shut his eyes. When he opened them another boy stood in Luhan’s place eyes dark and slanted but familiar.

“You’re so much more than that,” the boy replied placing a hand on the back of Kyungsoo’s neck drawing him closer, Kyungsoo’s eyes fluttered shut instinctively as the boy’s lips met his. Kyungsoo let out a gasp eyes snapping open. Luhan tilted his head looking at Kyungsoo weirdly.

“Are you okay? You just zoned out on me,” he said, Kyungsoo released Luhan’s hand taking a step back.

“Tao,” he whispered hand flying over his chest trying to soothe his aching heart.



A//N: ..... I'm so sorry for the slow progress on this story, really really reaaly sorry!!! I'll try and update this more often!!!!