She's here

Forget Me Not
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Park Bom’s pov

 

“Where have you been this morning?” There is no need to turn to see who was standing behind my back. Mindlessly, I continued to stare the view outside my window. I can see men hustled around while carrying their firearms and entering the black cars that were lining up. They must have some ‘business’ to be taken care off today.

 

 

Sigh.

 

I turned and leaned my back to the window. A pair of tired, yet anxious eyes was staring back at me. I caressed the side of his face and felt some wrinkles on it.

 

 

“I went to visit Eomma, Appa.” I can see his eyes flicker slightly; pain and longing can be seen in his eyes.

 

 

“I see. I have some business to do today. If you need to go somewhere, bring our men with you.” He quickly turned and ready to leave.

 

 

“Please take care. I will be waiting for you, Appa.” He smiled at me and nodded.

 

 

I faced the window again and continued to look outside. This time I can see my Appa while the men quickly straightened themselves and bowed respectively to him. He made his way to the black sedan car and one of the men opened the car’s door for him. Before he went inside the car, he turned to the men as he made a hand gesture, the men in the black suits quickly got inside the other ten cars and speeded away to the main road.

 

 

 

My name is Park Bom and I am the only child of Park Min Soo and Kim Mi Sook. My father is the head of Park Clan. He inherits it from his late father who also inherited it from his late father. For generations, the first-born of the main family of Park will automatically appoints as the heir of the Park clan. All of the first-born must accept this fate gratefully, for it is said to be a gift. Since I am the only child, the moment I was born, I was appointed as the new heiress after my father. It is the first time in the history of Park clan to have a lady as a future leader.

 

 

My family runs several casinos and clubs. We pretty much establish our name in the underground world as the Park family is known as the most influential and dangerous. Most people know better than to mess with the Park. In certain circumstances, there will be war against other clans; it is to demonstrate the power of a clan. Only the strongest will gain power and fear from others. There are unspoken boundaries and rules that must be obeyed in our family. Those who fail to follow these rules must be terminated, even if they are families, like my mother.

 

 

My mother’s death was not caused by an enemy; instead she was killed by my late grandfather. My mother was trying to rebel because she cannot accept that her only daughter will be the head of Park clan. I was only six years old.

 

 

 I still remember how my mother got on her knees and begged my grandfather. She was crying and pleading endlessly. Then, two men came to my mother and held her. My mother looked at me with glistened tears in her eyes and when I wanted to go to her, the maids held me back. They told me to close my eyes while they kept my ears closed. Despite all that, I can hear my mother painful screamed of agony, after that it turned quiet, eerily

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter