An idiot

Forget Me Not
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Bom’s pov

 

 

“Where did you go last night, Bom ah?” I can hear Appa’s voice behind me when I attempted to go inside my room.

 

 

“I went to see Eomma, Appa.”

 

 

“Oh… You were alone?” My blood ran cold through my veins when I heard his question. His loyal servant must have said something about that weird guy. I maintained my poise and turned to face him. His back was facing me but I can see his refelection from the window. His head was held high, both hands were clasped together behind him; reflecting the superior and powerful head of the Park.

 

 

“Yes. I was alone, Appa.” I surprised myself on how calmed my tone was. Years of practiced on learning to hide emotions, did not mean that I was able to hide it from my Appa. In front of others, I stood proud; yet in front of him, I crumbled.

 

 

“You should bring our men with you. You are important to our clan. An heiress acts reckless, is not acceptable!” Appa’s voice boomed at me. His gaze seemed so cold that it might turned me froze from fear. This façade was not my Appa; he was the cold-blooded leader that fed on fear and agony. 

 

 

“I take full responsibility from my foolish mistake.” I bowed to him.

 

 

“Go inside your room and don’t you dare come out until you are called.” Appa turned and made his way to his room. His most trusted man, Jinu was trailing behind him. Jinu bowed to me as he walked in front of me. I remained still, ignoring the respect-gesture.

 

 

“Welcome home, Appa.” I mumbled those words as I watched Appa walked away. His steps halted for a moment, gave me hope that he would at least smiled at me. My hope shattered as Appa remained hushed and continued walking to his room.

 

 

I gritted my teeth, tried to hold myself together as wave of sadness consumed me. My heart was aching so much that it hurt me. I felt suffocating like my throat was clogged, that my voice would not come out. My vision was blurred by tears. I desperately tried to keep myself together. Swallowing the lump in my throat; I kept my head held high and went inside my room. I can feel eyes of servants on me.

 

 

Lidya, my personal maid hurriedly followed me. However, her steps were halted as I beckoned her to go. When I sensed that she was about to protest; my eyes turned slit and looked at her, challenging her to defy me. She understood my warning and bowed at me one last time before shutting the door closed.

 

 

I stood alone in the confined darkness in my room. The moonlight shone through the transparent windows, illuminating my room. I mindlessly observed everything in room. The English-style duvet on my king-sized bed seemed so comfortable. My hand skimmed the material, feeling the softness of the silk. I lied quietly on my bed and hummed to myself the lullaby that Eomma used to hum. My chest felt tight and like a broken dam, my tears burst out. This time I allowed myself to let it all out, letting my tears flowed freely without holding back.

 

 

Just once… I will cry only this time…

 

 

 

 

Jiyong’s pov

 

 

The moment I arrived at home, quite late than my usual walk with Gaho, I was bombarded with questions from my nuna. She had me cornered and demanded to know what kept me long outside. I was saved by my dad who just got back from work; after quick bow to my dad, I sprinted to my room with Gaho running after me. I can hear my nuna’s voice bellowed at me. Shuddering at the thought of being interrogated by her again, I hurriedly locked my room.

 

 

Gaho was already on my bed, making him comfortable like his freaking owned my bed. I just shook my head at his antics and sat by his side. I patted his stomach slowly, lulled him to sleep. Observing Gaho, reminded me of her again. Her giggle rang in my ears and soothed my heart. I smiled when I thought how adorable she looked when she was patting Gaho at the graveyard. She looked serene and innocence when she giggled.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter