His and Theirs: All 13 of Us (Part 6-A)

His and Theirs: All 13 of Us
It looked like the pasta was forgotten as we rejoiced. Everybody talked at the same time, although Xiumin and Suho-ge kept on saying "Shhhhhh..." at 5 minute intervals. Somehow, the babble made people hungry again, and started eating. But even while eating, we were talking non-stop. The older ones were giving out possible vacation activities. The middle ones were talking about where we'll be spending the vacation, and Lay suggested New York. But the others wanted somewhere more away from the hustle and bustle of the city life. Baek thought about LA California, and Chen seconded it. Soo wanted Alaska, just because. We all protested, because we didn't want to spend our summer vacation shivering in the cold weather- and rain. Then he suggested Arizona. Kai thought it was a good choice, since he wanted to see the Grand Canyon and was amazed by how this particular State was a desert. Se Hun didn't like it because he wanted to go to Florida, "the beach...I want to go to the beach!" that's what he kept repeating.

Tao: Stop being a brat Se Hun. But yeah, I want to go to the beach, too. Get in touch with the sea. Aahh nature.

Kai: Hmmmm, not bad too. I'm sure Papa will let us go to the skateboarding rink.

Tao: Yeah.

Kris: Hmmm... Yes, good idea. Papa didn't really say which State we will go, so I guess it's open for suggestions. Should we vote on it?

Lu Han: Yeah, we should. If Papa will ask us for suggestions, we'll be able to tell him where we wanna go.

Soo: I still want to go to Alaska.

Chan: What. Is. Possibly. In. Alaska. That. You. Want. To. Go. There? (He stressed every word and raised an eyebrow at Soo.)

Soo: Why? I just like the sound of it. But if you don't want, it's fine by me.

Chan: Oh...kay...?

Soo: Shut it.

Lay: Florida seems a good place.

Then he took out his phone and checked for wifi. There was connection. He immediately searched USA on his phone's browser. He was the most gadget-oriented brother, although the other boys had their share of gadgets. He was the most updated when it comes to technology. It was maybe because he's mostly found in his room arranging and composing songs, as well as helping out Lu Han with online projects.

Lay: Yep, it's in the East Coast and looks like one of the top tourist spots during summer vacation- even during winter.

Lu Han: ...winter. For old people.

Lay: Yeah... it says here. Hahahaha

Suho: What's funny about it?

Lay: Sorry gramps. Hahhaha. Ooops, sorry.

Suho: I'll ship you myself to Timbuktu!

Lay: Aww...no gege. I'll be a good boy.

Chen: I'm okay with going to the beach. But I doubt Papa will bring us there.

Xiumin: Eh? What makes you say that?

Chen: Well, I'm thinking Papa is going to bring us to a sort of summer camp. You know how it is in the States. Parents bring their children to camps so they'll learn a thing or two.

Xiumin: Huh? You've been watching too much American sitcoms. I don't think Papa's going to send us to summer camp.

Lu Han: And we have a little sister. I don't think Papa will send her to that just yet.

Chen: We never know.

Baek: Well, I think Papa already have somewhere in mind. Otherwise, Papa would have told you to ask us where we want to go.

Xiumin: You have a point. Hmmm... But it doesn't  hurt to just plan. Hahahah.

Kai: Please don't kill our buzz, Baek-hyung.

Baek: I was just stating a major possibility.

Soo: So it's possible that Papa will have chosen Alaska. Hahahahahaahaha.

Se Hun: Not funny Hyung. I want the beach.

Kris: Personally, I'd also like to go to Florida. The beach it is for me. Yes.

Kai: It's not any different from home. Just because we wanna live near the beach, you guys want to go to the beach in the US, too. Pfffttttt... But I'm okay. We'll just go surfing. Papa might not allow skateboards there.

Suho: Uhm...guys, I think we should get back to the hotel now. It's almost 1:30PM. Papa said they'll be back around 6PM. We'll have dinner- ahemmm... formal dinner- Yes, Kai, formal. (Because Kai opened his mouth as if to protest.) That's what Papa said. Probably like a rehearsal- uh- stuff- for tomorrow.

Kris: Yeah, and about that, we're supposed to look our best. Papa asked us to bring all of you shopping - for our formal attire. Because I am not sure if all of you brought yours?

Everybody chorused, "Nope, not really,  no." Obviously, they brought suits with them, but the promise of shopping for new clothes made them deny it. Kris-gege knew the truth, but he himself looked excited at the thought of shopping. And Papa made a drastic decision to approve shopping for new clothes. I bet he just has a lot of meetings to really think about it. He should have known our fear of Timbuktu, for it compelled us all to bring what's expected. LOL.

Aaaahhh, shopping in Kowloon. If only I had a sister. But I couldn't complain, because I had the best brothers anyone could ever ask for. Sometimes they spoil me, if not teasing me. LOL. This time, it's the former. I love the fact that I am being pampered by my brothers. It makes me feel special. Hehehe.

Xiumin paid our bill, and we stepped out the restaurant. Xiumin took out his phone and dialled a number. He called Mr. Ang to ask where we can possibly buy what we needed for tomorrow's party. He recommended Harbour City, just in the Tsim Tsa Tsui area, along west side of Canton Road. He also sent 2 vans to where we were, so we don't have to ride a cab, and be separated. Mr. Ang sure valued his life too. LOL And he didn't want to be shipped to Timbuktu.

The cars arrived. The drivers were already briefed by Mr. Ang that we were to go to Harbour City and that they were to wait until we were done shopping, so they can drive us back to the hotel. So, these cars were company cars, and they were under dad's supervision. They were afraid of Timbuktu, too. Hahahaha.

So, we were at Harbour City and since it was sort of a first class mall or shopping district, we saw shops like MCM, Louis Vuitton, Versace, Burberry, Shiatzy Chen, Hugo Boss, etc... And the people looked really rich. I bet there were celebrities shopping at that very minute, and we hoped to see some of them. And because I was the youngest, and the only girl, they accompanied me first to buy my dress. All 13 of us trooped to Burberry. I know it was splurging, but I couldn't help it. Hehehe. It's not always that we are given this leeway by dad to buy what we needed (and wanted).

The boys somehow found something they liked as well, and as soon as we stepped out the store with our purchases, only Xiumin, Soo, Kai, and Tao-gege didn't have paperbags on hand. They were looking for Gucci...because that was what Tao-gege wanted. However, they couldn't find the Gucci store, so they went to Yves Saint Laurent (which is a Gucci co-brand anyway).

For the rest of us who had purchases, we lingered outside the store while we waited for the 4 of them to finish their shopping. It was 2:30 PM and most of us were feeling sleepy already. Jetlag maybe. And we still are expected to have the "rehearsal" dinner. Well, we call it that, because there was no other way to call it. We could just have had dinner anywhere but formal.

Lu Han: Hey, Kris. Remember before?

And he was smiling again. That kind of smile that would make you think he was up to something...mischievous. LOL.

Kris: Wha-? Ooohhh... Yeah. What about it?

He seemed to have understood what Lu Han-ge meant when he saw the wink.

Lu Han: So, I was there at the concierge asking one of them about the restaurant recommendations. There's this lady who approached me and asked me if I could be her for the party tomorrow.

Kris: Huh? How did she...? Party tomorrow? What?

Lu Han: Exactly.

Kris: What did you say?

Lu Han: I was like "Uh- I don't know...Papa..." Hahahahaha. Damnit. She was actually cute.

Kris: Really? Did you get her name?

Lu Han: No, I didn't. She thanked me anyway, and walked away. The staff at the front desk told me that almost everyone at the hotel knows about the party that Papa's boss was holding. And- take note of this- they know that we- yes we- are sort of VIP guests at the hotel and we are Papa's children. Apparently Papa is well known in these parts.

Kris: I don't doubt it. Hahahaha. Who knows, we may have an unknown brother or sister here.

Lu Han: Shut up. (And he punched Kris-ge on the shoulder.)

Kris: Hahahaha. Kidding aside, I like the sound of "VIP guests," don't you? Hahahaha.

Lu Han: Yes, very much. And because I sort of made a fool of myself there, she actually glanced your way while she walked away. You gotta prepare yourself when we get back to the hotel. She may be waiting around the corner to pounce on you. Grab the chance I didn't get. Hahahaha. I'll support you.

Kris: Shut up. (And it was his turn to punch Lu Han on the shoulder.) Why did you uh-sort of reject her, anyway?

Lu Han: Dude, I was taken by surprise. I couldn't just say yes, when I didn't know her. Specially since she knows about the party. That was kind of creepy actually.

Kris: Even though she's cute?

Lu Han: Yeah, even though she was cute... But she was really cute.

Kris: How old was she, you know, approx?

Lu Han: Hmmm... I think she would be around 22 or 23...

Kris: Hmmm... Not bad. Not bad.

And they both laughed and poked each other on the ribs. I just stood there with an eyebrow raised. I thought I was the only one listening. Se Hun-ge was also looking like he was about to vomit, and he nudged me by the elbow.

Me: Owwww... what was that for?

Se Hun: Did you just hear that?

Me: Oh? Yeah. Why?

Se Hun: Disgusting!

Me: Yeah, very.

Then we laughed and did a high-five. Lu Han and Kris-gege glanced at us and asked,"What's that for?"

Me/Se Hun: High five. Why?

Kris/Lu Han: No, you laughed.

Me/Se Hun: Oh? We did?

Kris/Lu Han: Yes, you did. Wai- uh- Why are-

Me/Se Hun: Hopeless cases.

Then all 4 of us laughed. The others who were absorbed in their own conversations turned to look at us, wondering why we were laughing. But no one asked why. They just carried on with whatever they were talking about. It turned out that Suho and Yeol-oppa were discussing the laws of Physics. Naaaahhh... I was just joking. LOL. Actually, they were sort of spying on a group of girls who were down the first floor. These girls were stealing glances at Chan and Suho, and my 2 handsome brothers noticed it. So what they did was to stand nearer the railings so the girls could bask in their glory. Hahahaha. When one or any of the girls looked up to look at them, Chan would wave at them and do a peace sign. Suho-gege would wink at them and smile. Of course, we could hear the girls giggling and swooning. It was kind of cute, but annoying at the same time. I didn't like my brothers flirting like this. Gaaaahhh! My brothers are flirts! LOL.

Lay and Baek were slumped on the floor, paperbags by the wall, and Chen-oppa was singing to himself. The two on the floor seemed to have been hypnotized, for they were staring into space. It was like they were seeing the world in a different way. Hahahah. Chen-oppa turned to look at Suho-gege, because he suddenly blew a kiss down to the girls.

Chen: Disgusting Hyungnim! Ughhh...

Suho: Shut up. Come here, join the fun. Hahahah. That one's cute.

Chen: No thanks. I don't want to be shipped out to Timbuktu.

Suho: ---

Apparently, he just remembered. Papa had laid down the rules about girls. Absolutely no flirting in public. The family has a reputation to maintain- a good one at that. And if any of the Hyungs were to date a girl, they would have to formally introduce her to Papa and Mama first. And yes, only the Hyungs were allowed to date just yet. Anyone below 17, it's forbidden. Oh, crushes were okay, as long as it's nothing serious. Lay-gege was almost 17 actually, so he's almost "legal" to date. But he doesn't seem to take that seriously yet. He was far too busy with his music, even though his girl classmates practically scream his name during school programs when he sings, dances, or plays the piano. He'd just smile at them and wave. But he can be very annoying too. When he wants to. He just seems to know the perfect timing to catch you sleeping with your mouth open and then take a picture. However, he hasn't caught me in that situation yet. That was Soo. Hahahah. And oh, another world war ensued. Just World War 1 though. Not enough to summon the powers that be. Papa didn't even know that they almost broke the TV because Soo threw a baseball glove at Lay.

Chan and some of the other boys just came in from baseball practice down at the field near the village's clubhouse. As soon as they entered the house, they immediately just sank down the sofa, threw their stuff on the floor and stretched out on every possible space they can get. The others were on the rug. Because Soo was so tired, he slept. And while he slept, his mouth was hanging wide open. Lu Han-ge was helping me with my homework at that time, and we were on the breakfast table, because Kris-gege prepared sandwiches for us and the boys who just came in from baseball practice.

Lay-gege was upstairs in his room, doing who knows what. But a short while after the others came in, he was bounding down the stairs. When he saw the sleeping group on the living room, he stopped in his tracks, dashed back up, and when he came back down, he had his camera with him and was busy snapping pictures. He was just just done taking Soo's picture, when Chan suddenly woke up and saw him. That woke Soo up, too. Imagine his fury when he realized what Lay did. LOL. Chan actually laughed first and said "OMG, upload it right away!" That was when Soo realized his picture was taken. And not just any picture, but a really embarrassing one.

So, he picked up what his hands could grab near- and it was the baseball glove- and flung it at Lay who- like  a jetplane- dashed upstairs. The TV got hit instead, and when we heard the thud- and an almost breaking-of-glass sound, we turned to look at them. Soo, realizing what he did, stood up and raised both his hands, as if to surrender, and kept saying, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry... Not me..."

Xiumin-oppa and Suho-ge were not home that time. They were still in school and had to stay late because of school projects. Kris and Lu Han-ge were the Hyungs at home. They immediately checked for damages, and thankfully, there were none. They also checked every function of the TV, just to make sure it was still working. But everything was fine. The baseball glove lay on the floor unnoticed, until I stepped on it and almost slipped. Good thing Baek-gege was there, and he was able to grab my arm just in time.