First day...

His and Theirs: All 13 of Us

 

 

"ZITAO! SEHUN! BAEKHYUN! Where are you?"

 

That was Kris shouting at the top of his lungs. It was Monday morning. First day of school. 6:00 AM. Class starts at 8:00 AM in our school and we should get going by 7:30 AM so we won't be late. Yes, true that today will just be full of orientation meetings and class schedule handouts, but attendance was compulsory. Everyone has to be present. Our school values attendance and promptness, and papa/mama would be disappointed if we don't live up to their expectations and the school's standards. I was done taking a bath and got my school uniform ready in my room. I was at the table eating my breakfast. I decided to take a bath first before eating. Suho and Luhan were out checking their cars. Xiumin just got back inside the house after checking his car. He went to the downstairs bathroom and was about to enter when the door opened and Chanyeol emerged. He was drying his hair and grinning from ear to ear. Xiumin smirked and slapped Chan's . Chan shook his hair in Xiumin ge's direction and that made the latter quickly get inside the bathroom and shut the door. Chan ran upstairs to change his clothes. He already ate breakfast. In fact, he was the earliest to wake up; him and Chenchen, who was already dressed for school and was on the living room lounging, tapping away on his laptop. He just had to tie his shoelaces, though. I noticed he kicked off his shoes easily and rested them on the beanbag that he dragged in front of the couch. He reclined and smiled to himself. 

 

Kai and Lay were eating breakfast with us, too. Kai's mama would be picking him up 2 days from now, to stay with her for the rest of the month. In the meantime, he's still staying home with us. Tao bounded down with his towel on his shoulder. He was rapping as he was climbing down the stairs. As he reached the foot of the stairs, he stopped and made a pose, he winked at Kris-ge and pointed at him, before he walked casually to the table and eat his breakfast. Kris looked annoyed and walked over to him, then he flicked Tao's ear.

 

Tao: Owwww!

Kris: I was not joking, Zitao.

Tao: Did I say I was?

Kris: I'm not driving you to school.

Tao: Fine. I'll ride with Lu-ge.

Kris: BAEKHYUN! SEHUN??? If you don't get your lazy asses down right now, I'll-

 

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

 

Sehun came running down the stairs and tripping on the last few steps. He fell on the floor. Good thing he didn't sprain his ankles or fracture any bones. This was one of Sehun-ge's problems. He easily gets bruised and trips. Not that he's a klutz, but this kind of bad luck seemed to follow him anywhere. He picked himself up and pressed on his knees...ankles...thighs...and toes... That moment, Baekhyun appeared. He was scratching his head and looked disoriented. He looked at everyone who was at the table. Kris ge had went back to his seat at the table to finish his breakfast. He also had taken a bath already. He eyed Baekhyun and raised an eyebrow.

 

Kris: Yo! Wake up!

Baek: Huh?

Kris: It's Monday orz. Get your here and eat your breakfast.

Baek: Why?

Kris: You want to get expelled and be shipped somewhere else?

Baek: Oh, oh, oh....it's today?

Kris: Duh?

 

Baek ge immediately went over to his seat and helped himself with breakfast. Papa walked out from his office and sat at the breakfast table. He was reading the morning paper. He was probably just observed the "poceedings." If he heard Kris ge saying the word "" he seemed oblivious to it, because he didn't call Kris' attention. Instead, he reached for a toast and took a bite. Then he glanced behind him as he heard mama walk in the dining room saying "Good morning." 

 

Sehun, satisfied when he didn't find any bruises or cuts after inspecting his limbs, walked carefully to the table and sat down. He sighed aloud as he pulled the plate of sunny side-up eggs. He pushed the plate again, looking for the scrambled eggs plate. When he successfully found it, he smiled widely and placed his hands together and clapped happily. Kris and Baek exchanged looks and shook their head. Chen raised an eyebrow and acted to pull the plate away. He glanced at papa to see if he was looking, but when he saw that papa was engrossed reading the paper, he risked it. He slowly pulled the plate away from Sehun. Sehun smacked his arm with the spoon. Chen withdrew his hand and laughed silently and made a face at Sehun. Then he stood up, apparently finished with his breakfast. Lay was silent the whole time. He just looked at what everyone was doing. Probably, he was prepping himself for the start of school. He was always preparing a little speech to greet people at school. He was genial, even if he wasn't interested in girls' confessions. He said hi to all who say hi to him. If a girl throws him a "Wo ai ni," he'd just smile and say "Xiexie" or thank you, then go on his way. The little speeches he made was usually for older students, senpais, juniors, seniors and teachers. But this term, he was a junior along with Suho ge. He prepared a good morning speech to seniors and teachers.

 

Xiumin got out the shower and proceeded upstairs. Luhan and Suho went back inside the house. They were done eating breakfast, so they proceeded upstairs to take a bath. Tao was already in the downstairs bathroom. There were 2 bathrooms upstairs; one a common toilet and bathroom and the other was in the guest room. Since MK was no longer in the house, we were able to use it. That second bathroom proved to be useful during school days. Even if nobody uses the room, the bath was useful. Papa didn't protest to that. He was the one who actually gave the permission. He had hinted to have the house renovated to make more rooms and T&B. He was probably getting sick of his boys complaining that Sehun or Baekhyun spends so much time in the bath...oh yeah, and Tao. 

 

I finished my breakfast and went to brush my teeth. All of us keep a set of brushes on all the sinks of the house, so in case one was using a particular sink, we'd still be able to brush our teeth on another one. LOL. Okay, whatever. Hahaha. Mama was inspecting Sehun ge's arms and ankle. He had hinted to mama that he fell on the stairs while going down. Since mama was an unofficial doctor, she could examine him properly. Mama was actually planning to continue her studies. She was getting worried about her sons' health, especially now that they have become more active in sports. My brothers were enrolled in different martial arts classes during school term. Papa decided not to let them have martial arts classes on summer vacation because that was the only time that we have fun our own way. Martial arts classes were every Thursday after school and Saturday afternoon. I made a pass. I didn't have the right mindset and body for martial arts, although I wanted to learn the basics. Anyway, I had Xiumin, Tao and Baek ge to teach me. LOL. xP

 

Mama: This doesn't hurt? Hmm? How about this?

Sehun: No...mmm...ahhh...no...

Mama: You seem to be okay. No harm done, qin'ai. But if in case you feel anything bad later, don't hesitate to call mama okay?

Sehun: Yes mama.

Mama: Hao, finish your food.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

 

Everyone was ready. It was 7:21 AM. Sehun was last to go down the stairs after changing into his uniform. We said goodbye to our parents and they wished us good luck on our first day of school. Baekhyun looked tensed. He sat inside Luhan's car, in the backseat. He hugged his backpack and making faces and smacking his lips as he tapped his foot. Luhan put on his shades as he climbed in the driver's seat. He backed the car smoothly. His car was first to go out the gate, followed by Kris' car, then Xiumin's and last was Suho's. I waited outside the gate before I climbled in the front passenger seat of Luhan's car. I almost always rode in Lu ge's car to school and back. Sehun rode with Suho today, so Chen had to ride with Kris. Kris ge was still annoyed at Tao and he locked the door when Tao was about to climb in his car at the backseat. Tao stuck his gum in Kris' windshield and ran to Luhan's car and quickly got in and closed the door. Kris had to get out to unstick the gum and throw it on the street. Chen, who was in his passenger seat, wiggled his finger at Kris and shook his head, but the older just smirked and went back in the car and started the ignition. The househelp closed the gate and our school convoy went off.

 

Suho and Lay were juniors this school year. They had classes in both the Senior campus and Middle campus. Today, as the first day, they were expected at the senior campus. Juniors were given first day classes at the seniors campus, then on the following week, they'll have 2 days classes there and 3 days in the middle campus. The oldies dropped us off at our campus and proceeded to theirs. Luhan had informed us to wait in the student hall after school. We were all supposed to go home together. Lay waved at us as the car slowly drove off. The rest of us trooped to the school registrar. Class schedules would be given out through the registrar's office. There were four lines outside the office. We made our way to the lines. The handout was fast, you just had to present your ID and they will look for your class schedule print out and you're done, off to your first class schedule. As I got nearer for my turn to get my schedule, I wondered how the Kim and Min brothers were doing. Were they in school already? I knew Jin was a junior now, so he must be in the other campus. Yoon Gi was also a junior, I thought. I wasn't sure, but since he was oldest of the Min brothers, I guessed he was either a junior or senior. Because J and Namjoon were Baek's age, as I overheard my brothers say before. Jimin and Taehyung was Kyungsoo's age. Jungkook, I knew, was Sehun and Kai's age.

 

Grade level orientation was scheduled first. I checked my printout. The others also checked theirs and same thing. Although we'd be in different buildings, first period for today was grade level orientation. I didn't see any of my classmates, so I went on my own to my grade's venue. Soo, Tao, Kai and Sehun were following me. I turned my head, they walked beside me. They had their orientation venue near mine. Soo and Tao waved goodbye as he turned left. Their grade level were scheduled at the student hall. We waved back. I hurried to my venue, the ampi-theater beside the industrial arts building. I waved goodbye to Kai and Sehun ge. They probably had their orientation at the music hall. 

 

I found some of my classmates already seated at the venue. I raised my hand for them to see me. They saved me a seat. That was good. I made my way over to them. We exchanged good mornings and waited for the orientation to start. This was the first time we were oriented as middle school students. The primary school students didn't have orientation. They started their classes right away. As middle school students, we were oriented on what to expect for the whole school year, as we had a different curriculum than the primary school students now. That meant, some of us would be enrolled in classes that our other classmates are not on. It was the start of studying subjects that were geared toward our future university degree preferences. It was a good thing that I had most of my classes with my friends. I wasn't ready to meet other people from other classes. 

 

In primary school, there was class section rivalry. All of it would be gone when we start middle school. But since it was our first term as middle school students, we were expected to adjust to the new curriculum. We should start putting our differences aside. Anyway, I didn't have any problems with other class sections before. But I was just not ready to be in a class with mixed people, other than my old classmates. Shana, Ling Yan and Yue asked me what was my next schedule. We plotted almost the same schedules with only one subject difference, but because changes can happen, we weren't sure if the schedules we picked were still the same. I checked my print out again. I had English Literature next. I had that class with Yue. Ling Yan and Shana had Math. We laughed because the next day, that would be their first class.

 

The ampi-theater was packed with students from our grade level and you could tell that everyone was excited for the new term. The school cliques were seated with each other, I noticed. I was with mine, actually. But our clique was one of the smallest. Just four people. Most cliques were composed of at least 7 girls/boys. The biggest clique was Allie's; they were at least 16 people, girls and boys included. Even Luhan ge's soccer team were only 13 people, including Xiumin ge. That was his clique. School jocks. Kris ge had a few cold city guy friends too, about 8 of them in the group.

 

One of the class advisers also oriented us about school events and the campuses. Of course, we already knew about the campuses, but as there might be some student transferees or exchange students, they gave us the lowdown on everything they needed to know about the school, events, people who run the school, etc.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Orientation done, one by one, we started to get up and go to our next class schedules. LY and Shana hurried to get to their math class. That day, we didn't have a class that all four of us were in. It was either 2 of us in a class, or 3 of us. Bummer. Some of our plotted schedules were replaced. The subjects the same, but the time and dates were changed. We just rolled our eyes. It was expected. Not because we had a lame school policy, but because of unseen factors, like unforeseen transferee numbers and exchange student enrollees. They were given freedom to choose their preferred time and date, the better to help them adjust to their new environment. It was actually considerate of the school. At least our class subjects were not changed. Not like one of the rival international school a few blocks away. They were known to swap the subjects and time schedules to make way for constant curriculum changes/updates. It was a mess. But I guess their students were used to it. To each his own. We love our school, anyway. And I guess they love theirs. LOL.

 

Yue and I went on our way to our english literature class. We were talking about the new boyband TF Boys. They were the new "It-boys" of China. We giggled a lot. They were really young, just 13 and 14 years old. They were Yangqianxi, Yuan and Junkai. They haven't really debuted yet. We were just amazed that their record label had already let them showcase their music video already. We were like that until we arrived at our classroom. We found seats and continued to chatter while waiting for the teacher. There was still at least 10 minutes before the class started and the teacher has not arrived. Probably having a quick rundown with the other teachers at the faculty room just after the orientation.

 

Our class consisted of different personalities. Some were from my class in the 6th grade. I was in the 7th grade now. But most of the faces were either new or from the other class sections before. I smiled at anyone who looked in my direction. I could hear whispers behind me and mentioning Sehun ge and Kai ge's names. I smiled to myself. I know I have handsome brothers. I must have looked weird smiling to myself that Yue waved her hand in front of me. I took a post-it from my bag and wrote: "People at the back are talking about Sehun and Kai gege." And I gave her the note. She opened and nodded. She didn't need to say anything. She understood.

 

Then I heard murmurs again from behind, this time it was curious talk. Someone had arrived and sat at the vacant seat beside me. I was busy exchanging post-it notes with Yue, so I didn't see who it was.

 

"Whoa... who is he?"

"He's cute..."

"New student."

"Transferee? Oohhhh..."

"That's him! Our new neighbor!"

"Really? You know him?"

"I think his name is Jungkook."

 

That made me turn to face the person who was now sitting beside me. Yeah. Kim Jungkook. Am I lucky or what? Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. This was not funny. But as I met his gaze, his lips broke into a smile.

 

"Xiao Yi."

 

Holy Jungkook, don't smile at me like that. I smiled weakly. "Hi."

 

JK: So...we have classes together.

Me: You are grade 7?

JK: No...grade 8...Uh...?

Me: Ahh...enrichment class. (That was a statement, not a question)

JK: Yes, like that.

Me: One of your extra classes?

JK: Yes.

 

And the girls at the back started to whisper to each other how I was lucky that I knew him. The one who said she was his neighbor muttered, "I'll ask him later if we can go home together." And I just replied in my mind, "You can try."

 

Since we were on first name basis, me and JK, I introduced him to Yue. He was glad to meet a new friend. He was still struggling with his Chinese, so I helped him out. I translated some words for him. Was I thankful to have Korean half-brothers. LOL. It was also a plus that I was the one who introduced him to our guy classmates. There was one guy who understood and spoke Korean, for he was half Korean too. JK thanked me. Our other classmates said hi to him and the other girls swooned over him. Just as the teacher came in, one person came in behind her. I knew that smile. He saw me first, I guess, that's why he was smiling as he entered the classroom behind the teacher.

 

"Da jia hao! Wo jiao Taehyung. Min Taehyung." He introduced himself as he waved and strutted to find an empty seat behind me.

 

I couldn't help but stifle a laugh and giggled. Yue tilted her head, probably sizing him up. Our teacher was surprised at his boldness to introduce himself in class even before it started. I bet he was practicing that while he was on his way here. Hahahah. I must admit he looked kinda cute. But JK leaned toward me and poked my shoulder and whispered.

 

JK: Min Taehyung needs red carpet treatment. Hahaha.

Me: Oh, shut up. Hahaha.

Tae: I heard that Kim Jungkook. You are not invited to our house anymore.

JK: Whoa...what?

 

But they were both laughing. The other girls may have found it cute, them talking to each other in Korean and laughing at each other, for they leaned forward and batted their eyelashes. Our teacher cleared to get all our attention.

 

Teacher: Class! Face front please. Thank you. We do have two transferee students in our class. One of them already introduced himself. That's Min Taehyung Xiansheng. Now, let's hear from our other transferee...please...stand up...?

 

JK stood up and casually brushed his hair off his eyes. The girls at the back sighed loudly, which made him glance down and hide a smile. He looked so cute. OMG. I was actually fangirling at that moment. Yue must have noticed, because she poked my sides and laughed at me. JK heard her laugh and before he spoke, he glanced at me and stretched his neck from side to side and smiled again. Oh. My. God. JK please. Stop.

 

JK: Nihao! Wo shi Kim Jungkook. Jiao wo JK...haishi Kookie... *giggle* Xiexie.

 

And he bowed slightly. He sat on his chair and laughed at himself for his intro. The whole class was giggling. Taehyung was shaking his head and slapping his lap as he laughed.

 

 

"JK or Kookie...hihihihi"

"Kookie is cute..."

"Yesss...Kookie."

"JK..JK..."

"Kookie...hao ke'ai" Our teacher commented. "I will call you JK, though. I think your girl classmates will abuse your Kookie nickname, so I choose the other one."

 

The rest of the introductions followed. And because it was english literature, we were supposed to talk in english the whole time. The transferees were given leeway because they were adjusting to the ways of our school. Our teacher had promised to help our non-english speaking classmates with their lessons. She gave us an aptitude test on the english language. The ones who made high marks were assigned as group leaders. I was chosen as one, Yue as well. The teacher assigned the members. She chose to include JK in my group. Taehyung raised his hand and asked to be put in my group too. The teacher smiled and nodded, "Hao le."

 

Tae: It's going to be the perfect group, neh?

JK: Mmm-hmm...

Me: Neh...

 

Yes. This was going to be a really good school term. And I'm sure it would be the same for my 12 dear brothers. Summer was officially ended. All in all, it was a beautiful summer. And I am looking forward to a beautiful school term. It's almost Chen oppa's birthday, and we're all excited. In behalf of my 12 brothers, thank you for being with us on our summer vacation. ^_^

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Bonus:

LUHAN

 

So, Jin is a junior. I saw him enter the classroom behind Suho and Lay. I think I saw Yoon Gi as well. But I'm not concerned about them. I'm more concerned in their younger brothers. In the same campus as my little sister. Who knows, they might be having the same classes, too. Ugh. I should check her...I mean, their schedule. Hmmm... I have free period now, it only takes a few minutes to go to the registrar's office. I'm not that calm. I may just be overthinking, but I won't have peace of mind if I never knew. Ugh. I hate being the oldest sometimes.

 

*slaps forehead, bangs head slowly on desk*

 

*Goes to parking lot, drives to middle school campus, walks to registrar's office*

 

Me: Hi. Good morning.

Reg.Staff: Good morning. What can I do for you?

Me: Uhm. I'm Wu Yizi's older brother, Wu Luhan.

RS: Wu Zun Xiansheng's son?

Me: Yes.

RS: Oh...yes. Anything I can do for you, Mister Wu?

Me: I will need a copy of my sister's class schedules, please.

RS: Your papa asked again, huh?

Me: Yes, he did.

RS: Hao, hao. Please give me a few minutes.

Me: Xiexie.

 

Well, it was not the first time I asked for Xiao Yi's schedule. In fact, I did this with the other younger brothers. So getting her schedule would be just like buying soda from the vendo machine. But the challenge was not in getting her schedule. It was getting the class roster for all her classes. Damn. I was being paranoid. Why would I be overprotective of my sister? She's the only girl in the brood, no big deal. Yeah right. I was kidding myself. It was waaaaaay big deal. I smiled at the staff as she handed me a printout copy of Xiao Yi's schedule.

 

Me: Taitai xiexie.

RS: Buyong xie. Anything else you need, Luhan?

Me: Actually, yes.

RS: What is it?

Me: Is it possible if I can also have the class roster for each her classes?

RS: Let me see...She has 8 classes. Would you need all?

Me: Uhm... If you could?

RS: Mister Wu Zun is nothing if not thorough. Only for your sister? 

Me: Yes, just for her now.

RS: Alright. I have them now. Give me another minute to print these. Your papa is monitoring her first year in middle school, yes?

Me: You're right, madam. 

RS: Ahh...all fathers and mothers are like that. Earlier today, there was a father who called us to send him his daughter's class schedule and class roster as well. You rich people do monitor your young like hawks, yes? *hands the printouts*

Me: You can say that again madam. Thank you, again.*receives printout, bows, leaves*

 

Whew! I thought what I was doing was out of the ordinary. I forgot that I went to a school for the rich and famous. And the families of each child is on the lookout for their children's welfare. I felt relieved. I checked my watch as I made my way back to the parking lot of the middle school campus. I still had more than enough time to scan her class schedule and roster. I climbed inside my car and sifted through the papers in my hand.

 

One, two, three....hmm...hmm.....eight. Yes, all there. Now...let's check the class roster. Hmm.... 22 students in one class... This one has 20... This... 18... 25... 15 students... 25 students.... Ang... Li.... Kim... Min.... What the---?

 

"English Literature. Monday - Wednesday - Friday. 8:15 AM - 9:15 AM"

"Kim Jungkook"

"Min Taehyung"

 

I said those out loud. And silently, "Wu Yizi. Gege is worried. OTL. Why did I have to be the oldest?"

 

 


 

 

At last! His and Theirs: All 13 of Us is wrapped up. However, I promised to write a sequel. I just can't let go of the Wu kids, ya know. I'm not sure about you, but even though the real EXO is having problems nowadays, writing this fic is like my escape from the reality. Here, the 12 of them are ONE. They are a family and for an Ohana, no one gets left behind. ^^  By the way, I am currently listening to BTS music for my inspiration. Because I cry when I listen to EXO songs, especially the ones where Kris had parts. 

The sequel is through here:  Th13teen   I hope you continue supporting and reading my story about the 13 Wu kids. Xiexie nimen. ^_^ BTS will be a regular in the sequel. I figured it would be more fun if there were more characters to play with and to let the Wu kids interact with. Hehehe.

See you in the sequel. ^^ 爱你们!