Lay's POV: Meanwhile...

His and Theirs: All 13 of Us

 

"No posting pics of the resort until papa makes an official announcement, okay?"

Me: Uh-oh...

Luhan: What?

Me: I already uploaded it.

Kris: How many?

Luhan: All of it?

Me: No. Just 5...?

Xiumin: Wait for it.

Me: For what?

Xiumin: It's a flashy news right now in Beijing. Didn't you know?

Me: What's flashy?

Suho: Rumors about papa getting into the hotel and restaurant business.

Me: I'm toast, aren't I?

Suho: Depends.

Me: Oh god, help me. *facepalms*

Suho: *pats, pats* Let's wait for the newsflash.

Kris: Might wanna go delete them now.

Luhan: Too late...

Kris: Huh?

Luhan: I already got notifications on likes and comments. I bet someone already has downloaded them and forwarded them.

Lay: OMG, OMG...

Xiumin: Let's prepare your stuff for boarding school once we arrive home, neh?

Lay: Hyung...

Luhan: I'll help pack your luggage.

Kris: Me, too.

Suho: We still don't know papa's decision or even his reaction if he knew.

Lay: I deleted the pics already, but someone's already re-posted them on their account.

Kris: We will write to you in boarding school. Don't worry.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Young master Luhan? Xiumin? Kris? Young master?"

 

Ooops! Papa must've been looking for us. We scrambled out of the water and splashed our way up the beach and to the villa we stayed in. We were in the other resort now. Papa had closed the deal to two resorts. Tomorrow, we'll be going back home. Indeed, papa sent a staff to go look for us. He probably found out already about what happened. I almost forgot my camera as I dashed back to the shore to pick it up. I dusted off the sand on it and ran back up the steps with the others.

 

"Coming!"

 

I didn't know how papa would react. But better go now and follow his staff or else we'd probably be sea-foam. LMAO. Talking about sea-foam, wasn't there a story about a mermaid who became sea-foam when the prince didn't pick her to marry him? PMSL. The perks of being a big brother to a younger sister. I think I've read enough fairy tales to last me a lifetime. OTL.

 

We went back inside the wide doors of the room and saw a villa staff poking his nose here and there, looking for us. When he saw us enter, he sighed loudly and asked us to get dressed for lunch was served. Whew! I thought he already found out. Anyway, I just hoped papa won't be ballistic if he knew what happened. To be quite honest, I felt really bad. Papa must be disappointed at us right now. So if in case he sends us off to boarding school, I knew I deserved it.

 

Luhan and Suho led the way out the room after we changed. There was another villa staff waiting for us outside who ushered us to the dining area. Papa and his friend was there at the table, talking and laughing with the other businessman. The one who sold the property. Because Kris was tall, papa noticed him first when we approached the table.

 

Papa: Kris, good. You are here.

Kris: Papa. (bows a little, to acknowledge papa)

Papa: Ahh, all of you are here at last. Good. Now sit down, boys.

 

We sat down according to age. Luhan sat beside papa, then Xiumin and Kris. Suho and me, after. It was always like that when papa was around. Even at home. We have our respective seats at the dining table. Papa was always at the head of the table. The right hand seat was for mama. Luhan was on the left hand side with Xiumin and Kris. Suho and me were on mama's left. And the rest of the kids around.

 

Papa: Luhan, where were you?

Luhan: Duibuqi papa. We were down by the beach.. errr...actually, we went swimming.

Papa: Hmmm...

Me: The water's really clear and cold.

Xiumin: Lay...

Me: Sorry, hyung.

 

Because I wasn't addressed by papa, I was scolded by Xiumin. I made a gesture with his fingers as if I was zipping his mouth shut. Papa saw it and sighed.

 

Papa: It's okay, Lay. You were saying about the water?

Me: It's awesome papa. I just couldn't resist when I found the stone steps down to the beach.

Papa: We're going to go diving after lunch. I was telling Mr. Chankul here that I'd like to have first hand experience in seeing the diving area.

Me: Zhen bang! Awesome!

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

So yeah, we went diving with papa. Surprisingly, he turned out to be a fun companion. LOL. Don't tell him that I said that, because I always thought papa was boring. All work and no play. And the only play he did was golf. Golf was fine, I enjoyed it too. But this was something better. Diving! Hmm...Didn't Kai text us that they also went to the lake with mama? Anyway, I won't be telling you much about the diving area, because papa hasn't made any formal announcement to the public about the acquired property. I already messed up before, I'm not going to mess up now. Heheheh.

 

After diving, it was almost 5PM when we returned, we went back to the resort. Dinner was served earlier than most because papa had to retire to his room to sleep early. We had an early flight the next day. We were supposed to sleep early too. But we decided to stay out for a little longer, just because. So, just after we ate dinner, we went outside to lounge by the pool. Papa had turned in early as he said before. We were having fun, laughing at all the idiotic and fun stuff we've done while we were here. 

 

The next morning, bags packed, we were ready to go and we were in the dining room eating breakfast when papa suddenly came out and called us to the living room. He was watching the 5 o'clock Beijing news.

 

He must have found out already.

 

He asked us to have a seat as he sat himself into one of the couches in the living room of the villa we were staying in. Once we were seated, he picked up the TV remote and turned the volume up. Papa wanted us to watch TV with him? I fought the urge to laugh. I glanced at the others and they were also fighting to hide their giggles. But as soon as the TV came to life, we shut our mouths and focused...not that we were talking or anything.

 

"...the rumors are true. Real Estate magnate and Soo Kui associate, Wu Zun Xiansheng, has indeed ventured in his own Hotel and Restaurant business. Pictures of a beach resort in Phuket Thailand were posted in one of his son's social network accounts and friends...probably schoolmates have spread the pictures like wildfire. At first, your 5 o'clock news team was hesitant to report this, so we sent one of our staff to research. It was found out to be true, because the pictures posted had captions of the recent property acquisition. We have been able to get copies of the pictures that were posted...."

 

OMG. Goodbye Fengtai Guoji Xuexiao... I will surely miss you. Goodbye cellphone. Goodbye laptop. Goodbye wifi. Goodbye...--- OMG.

 

"...that there have been photos posted uploaded by...schoolmates? Yes, it looks like it. Schoolmates of the Wu children have been found camping outside their home in Fengtai District since last night. These kids posted selcas of the Wu house, apparently to show their excitement and support of the recent acquisition... As you can see our live feed, there are also flowers and --sticky notes-- at the gate of the house... Mind you, these kids aren't just your regular school kids. We all know that these kids go to the renowned Fengtai Guoji Xuexiao. We can only speculate that in the next few days or so, Wu Zun Xiansheng will formally announce the opening of the resort. There is no name yet for the beach resort, since Wu's son didn't mention it in his post. Well, let us just all wait for that day when we can get more details about this. I'm sure the affluent families of Beijing are excited to go and book flights to one of the future summer destinations of all time..."

 

Papa turned off the TV and cleared his throat. I quickly looked at each brother's eyes. They had on a perfect pokerface. OMG. I'm toast.

 

Papa: So...Yixing... (Papa didn't call me by my Chinese name when he was happy.)

Me: Papa.

Papa: Is it true that you have posted these pictures?

Me: Yes, papa.

Papa: You know, I don't know whether to be disappointed in you or to thank you...

 

What? Did I hear him correctly? Thank me? Yeah, I know I heard the word "disappointed" but what I wanted to know why papa also thought about thanking me.

 

Papa: ...I didn't plan on announcing the acquisition until the next month. That's where I'm disappointed in. There are things needed to be done before we can formally open the resort to clients. However, I must say that what you did is a good strategy in gaining prospective clients and regular customers. 

Me: Are you mad at me, papa?

Papa: I'm thinking about it.

Me: Baoqianle papa. I'm really sorry.

Papa: There's nothing wrong with posting the pictures online. Our problem now is the attention you will be getting. I haven't been able to call the village security yet, but I hope those kids outside our house won't resort to vandalism.

Kris: If I may speak papa...

Papa: Yes.

Kris: I'll post a message to our schoolmates to refrain from camping outside the house...and...

Suho: Me, too...

Xiumin: I'll do it, too.

Luhan: Permission to speak papa... Mama and the others don't know this yet, I guess. Because if they did, they would've called us already.

Papa: Of course. I'm quite worried about them when they arrive.  I just hope the village security are doing their job.

Luhan: Baoqianle papa. I will help post messages to our schoolmates to refrain from camping outside our house.

Xiumin: You know what? I bet those people outside our house aren't just from our school.

Kris: Luhanners...*cough-cough*

Luhan: Shut it, Krissicles.

Kris: The f--udge.

 

I almost choked. Good thing papa didn't hear that last word from Kris ge. Or at least what he was supposed to have said.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Whatever Luhan." 

"It sounded like .OTL"

"Hahahahahahahaha!"

"! Krissicles!"

"And what would you call your fanclub?"

"Xiu-mine not yours."

"Daebak!"

"How about you, Suho?"

"Hmm...Suholicious."

"Sounds ugly. Hahahah!"

"Nothing beats Krissicles."

"Remind me to hang you upside down when we arrive home."

"Awww...Kris...sicle..."

"Lay, how about your fanclub?"

 

Me: I'd call my fanclub "Unicorns."

 

"That's so ghei!"

"Why not Yi-shingles"

"Shut up hyung."

"Krissicles, Luhanners, Yishingles, Xiu-mine not yours, and Suholicious. PMSL"

"The ugliest fanclub name is....tadaaaaa!!!! Krissicles!"

"Hahahahahahaha!"

 

Banter while on the road to the airport and even while checking in and waiting for boarding. Papa was on the phone the whole time until it was time for take-off. He was oblivious to all the noise we were making. I was glad. We were all glad. Actually, we were tensed. We just drowned out our tension with laughing at ourselves. Oh by the way, I just hope our house was still intact. I was glad papa didn't mention any boarding school reference. I get to stay in Beijing! Thank Buddha!

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

As soon as we stepped out of the plane, papa turned his phone on and made some calls again. We followed him to check out and got our luggage. I bet the others would've arrive home by now.

 

Bad to the bone...Bad to the bone...B-B-B-B-Bad...B-B-B-B-Bad...B-B-B-B-Bad...Bad to the---♫

 

My ringtone OTL. I fumbled for my phone inside my backpack. I checked the screen. It was mama Wu. I picked it up.

 

"Wei."

 

"Wu Yixing... What did you do?"

 

Her voice echoed from across the lobby. Papa heard it and he grabbed my phone and answered it himself.

 

"Calm down, qin'ai...I know. I have already contacted village security and they're right outside the house now...Yes. No. All taken care of. We just arrived...Mmm-hmm..."

 

We didn't hear anymore, because there was a sudden rush of running feet, camera flashes, TV cameras being shoved in our faces and reporters elbowing each other as they made their way toward us. Airport security tried to hold them off, but some of them were able to take pictures and ask questions before they were ushered away.

 

"Wu Xiansheng! Wu Xiansheng! Is is true your new resort has opened to the public?"

"Sir, Polski Międzynarodowy TV Kanal, what made you decide in venturing into the business? 

"Does Soo Kui Xiansheng know that you are venturing into your own business?"

"Which of your sons uploaded the pictures? Can we possibly interview him?"

 

That last question. OTL. Papa don't sell me, please. OMG. I could never understand reporters. They were so nosey and sometimes, they cause close friends to wage war against each other. It was only a matter of time before another newsflash was reported. Soo Kui Xiansheng and Wu Xiansheng, severe ties as associates. God forbid. Papa just smiled and waved at the reporters but didn't answer any of the questions. He led us out into the carpark and told us to get inside the van. The last 45 minutes of our travel back home... I wanted to be home so much at that time. Away from all the camera flashes and questions. There was even a Polish TV station reporter. Papa was famous. And because of what I did, we were famous now too. I need a bodyguard. 

 

Xiumin hyung was in the driver's seat again. Papa was still on the phone with mama Wu. This time though, they were conversing in a calm manner. I guess mama Wu had calmed down. I braced myself for what I would find outside the house. The younger kids had sent us some pictures of what was outside. As Xiumin hyung wove his way towards our block, I peeked out the window. I dared not roll them down for fear that someone would recognize me and followed us back home. So far, there have been lesser people there. Just a few fan girls and some media. The village security had been able to shoo away the majority of the campers. But outside our gate were flower wreaths with congratulatory ribbons and some sticky notes posted on the wall and gate. Traffic had been cleared in our block, too. Baekhyun had sent an MMS of the traffic earlier when they arrived and it looked bad. The vehicles that were left were some of the neighbors' and the media people who were still there.

 

Outside the gate were Baekhyun and Chanyeol, plucking out the sticky notes on the wall - that were sort of stuck using glue...because they looked like they were having a hard time un-sticking the notes. Tao had just walked out the gate and he saw our van. He went to punch in the keypad combination for the gate to open wide. Then, he went to help the 2 in removing the notes from the wall. Xiumin hyung parked the van inside and we all got out. Kyungie was scratching his head and heading out the door when we came in. His owl-like eyes lit up and grabbed Kris-ge's hand.

 

Kyungie: OMG. Thank god you are back.

Kris: Why? Something wrong?

Kyungie: We forgot to drop by the supermarket and I need ingredients for something...can you drive me to the grocery gege? I didn't want to ride the bus...errr....

Kris: Orzzzzzzzzz... I thought something bad happened. Okay, just let me drop my things in my room.

Kyungie: My savior gege.

Kris: Of course I am, Chagiya. *chuckles*

Xiumin: Krissicles...

Kris: Shut up Xiu-monkey.

 

I stifled a laugh, but went to follow Kris up the stairs to dump my things in our room. Papa and mama were sitting at the dining room table, drinking coffee and discussing what happened. I just hoped they didn't decide to send me off to boarding school. I just knew there would be a family meeting later. Jiayou, Lay. Jiayou! 

 

Kris went out with Kyungie, to buy ingredients for whatever food owly-boy was going to cook for lunch. I wished I went with them. I huffed. Xiumin hyung collapsed on his bed and started snoring right away. I went out of the room and down the stairs. Sehun and Xiao Yi were making their way out of the house and I jogged over to them. All the other younger kids were outside helping remove all traces of sticky notes and flowers away from the gate. Some of the village security helped carry the flower wreaths inside. I didn't know where papa would want to store them, though. There were still a few people outside now, and media. But village security were there to stop them from coming near us and asking us questions. They stationed their cameras in front of our house and made live feed reports on what they saw. OTL. I can almost hear the newsflash now going probably like this:

 

"The Wu kids are outside their house removing sticky notes from fangirls. Oh, I bet one of those kids was the one who posted the pictures of the new resort. Let's do a contest? Whoever calls first and guesses it right will get a one night stay at the Wu resort in Phuket, Thailand...all expense paid." 

 

Wu Yixing will be a household name as "the Wu kid who posted the pics." What - ever. I flinched as I felt and saw a camera flash in my peripheral view. The perks of having a famous father. I'd rather go to boarding school than be a guest in a TV show and do an interview and be asked about my life.

 

*facepalm*

 

I can't believe I said that.

 

 



 

 

Hi! How are you? Just 2 or 3 chapters more and it's the end *fake sobs* LOL. Anyway, here are some terms I used in this chapter. I hope this will help you understand it more. >_<  I'm just using basic Chinese. I don't converse much in Chinese, because that's not the language I grew up using, but I can understand it. Ironic, huh? LOL. 

丰台 国际 学校 = Fengtai Guoji Xuexiao [Fengtai International School]

~ the school where the Wu kids go to. Yes, it's one of my invented schools. LOL.

• 先生 = Xiansheng [Mister]

~ Chinese term for Mister/Mr. , I think you already know that, though. What with Wu Yifan's Weibo profile name: Mr_吴先生

• 抱歉了 = Baoqianle [sorry]

~ The other way is duibuqi [对不起]

Bad to the Bone - Lay's ringtone, from Terninator 2. LOL. I just felt it appropriate as his ringtone. Cool and composed Lay with a kickass ringtone. LMAO. =P

♡♡♡  非常感谢 大家!Thank you very much! ♡♡♡