Wu-thority is Baekhyun

His and Theirs: All 13 of Us

 

 

The hyungs are so lucky. I just knew it. They're going to have a swell time in Phuket, while me... Wu camp with my dongsaengs for three days. I felt like papa wanted me to take over the whole lot of them so I can start being responsible. Well, I was responsible. Papa didn't need to test it. I know I can be trusted with anything he delegates to me. I was just not ready for a big responsibility like this one. I was the oldest Wu kid today...for three days. How on earth am I going to deal with them? I myself can't deal with myself. PMSL. Oh well, there is mama, anyway. And grandpa and gramma.

 

The hyungs looked so happy when they waved at us as their van went the other way, going to the airport. Mama drove our van because papa didn't trust me enough to drive. I had my student license already, though. I think he knew I sort of crashed Xiumin hyung's car. Geez. But if he did, he would've grilled me already, but he didn't. Papa just didn't trust me. Period. OTL. Fine papa. I'm gonna get to drive soon, anyway. Just one more year and I probably will be allowed to drive the family cars.

 

It was a 2-hour drive to grandpa's house. I haven't been there since last 4 years (before). I didn't remember it much. There was already a restaurant back then, because that has been the family business ever since. But I think they have already renovated, as Kai told us. The house had been renovated too. Kai haven't been there since this summer, so he didn't know what it looked like before. But according to him, the house looked modern now. It still had the feel of the Chinese influence, but more modern. Some parts of the house already made to look like it was western, save for the ancestor shrine and gramma's little shop just adjacent to the restaurant.

 

On the way to grandpa's, I kept looking out the window, trying to remember the place as we passed by houses and trees and more houses and trees. Tao and Chen were playing charades. Kai was snoring at the back. Xiao Yi was seated in the front passenger seat. Chanyeol and Kyungie were both drowned in their music, headphones on. I think Kyungie would remember the house and stuff, because he was one of the most recent visitors to grandpa's house... and his memory was good. He could even remember as far back as the very first time Chen bullied him. PMSL. Sehun was in his own world, too. He was counting the trees...or houses... orz I don't know.

 

Boys, how are you holding up?

 

That was mama. She kept asking at regular intervals. Meaning every 15 minutes or so. We were almost at Wu camp now. Just half an hour drive more. Just a bit more to endure. Just a little bit more freedom. OTL. Good luck Wu Bai Xian. Grandpa wouldn't be able to keep his wrinkled old nose off Baekhyun. If I didn't know better, papa would've asked him to keep an eye on me; make sure I do the proper duties of being the "da-ge" of the lot. Mama help.

 

Mama: What is it, dear?

 

OTL. I said that out loud.

 

Me: Nothing mama. I was just dreaming, I guess. *pretends to yawn and stretch* Are we there yet?

Mama: Yes, just one more block and we're there.

Me: Oh..yay..

Tao: Wake Kai up, will you?

Me: Why should I?

Tao: You're nearest him, duh?

Me: And earn the wrath of the dark knight.

Chen: Hahaha. That's good, hyung-ah. Dark Knight. We have Chagiya and Dark Knight. LMAO.

 

I quickly stole a glance at Kyungie, hoping he didn't hear that. I was relieved. He was still humming along to whatever he was listening to, and his eyes was closed. If he had his eyes closed, you wouldn't think he was a little monster. But when he opens his eyes and looks at you, you'd get the feeling that he was staring right into your soul. I was scared sometimes. So I don't get why Chagiya liked him. PMSL. He got his eyes from his mama. I saw his eomma already once or twice, before, when he was still just visiting us during holidays. His eomma had this pretty big eyes like him. It looked good on his eomma, maybe because she was a girl, I don't know. Anyway, back to the present. Chen and Tao went to playing charades. They never got tired looking like idiots, acting out which hyung/gege they want the other to guess. 

 

Are we there yet?

 

The dark knight has woken. Beware people of the light. But never fear, lord Baekhyun of the light is here... Lame. I was lame. I know. Come on, I know you wanna hit me right now. But I tell you, I'm gonna hit you back if you hit me. Seriously.

 

Mama; Yes, we are here.

 

Lo and behold, the familiar driveway to Wu camp. There was a new addition. There was a pagoda. It wasn't there before. Kai never mentioned it. Oh well, maybe it wasn't important for him. But I could see the one-storey houses along the road. A few minutes after that, straight ahead, it would be the Wu ancestral house. Aaahhhhh... the familiar trees surrounding the property. There was no fence or gate, just as I remembered it. But yeah, I could see the restaurant in front of the house. It was different-looking now.

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

The van halted to a fullstop in front of the restaurant. Mama didn't drive right to the front of the house itself. I think I was the only one who was bothered by that fact. The others looked thrilled that we stopped in front of ... food... I can smell food. Well, hello there Wu camp. Baekhyun's ready to eat. I was starving. Just 2 hours of travel and I was already starving. We ate a really early breakfast, so I guess that's why I felt so hungry. Mama climbed out the car, followed by Xiao Yi. Sehun was nearest the door and he slid it open and jumped out. OTL that kid. He always jumps out of the car, never learning how to cllimb out properly. He had hurt his knee one time, because when he jumped out, he stumbled and his knee was scraped. He still hasn't learned from that experience. Oh well, it was his knee anyway. Not mine. My knees were precious. Bai Xian was too fab for a knee scrape, to be honest.

 

Tao and Chen scrambled out after Sehun. I followed. I didn't wait for Kyungie and Chanyeol to finish stuffing their iPods back in their backpacks before they could step out. Kai was last, as he was the one at the back. I bet they smelled food, too. Heavenly breakfast. A real breakfast. How early did the restaurant open, anyway? I turned to look at Kai and ask him, but he was already walking round the restaurant toward the path to the house at the back. I followed him. Mama followed too. Okay, so the dark knight was our tour guide. LOL.

 

Well, the house didn't look like the one I remembered. It was totally different. Grandpa had some grand renovation done for the last 4 years. It looked like a modern Chinese residence already. Although, you still could see the familiar arc at the entrance... But even that, was kinda different somehow. Maybe because the house was concrete now, not wood, unlike before. There were night lights still on, and the sun was just starting to peek from the East. Kai proceeded to the entrance and walked up the stone stairs. We all followed him. At the top of the stairs, he stopped and raised his hand to press the doorbell. But he hesitated and looked at mama. Mama just nodded. Kai pressed the button.

 

Buzz... Buzz.. Buzz..

 

Three buzzes, that should do it. That was the lucky number when you rang the doorbell. For the car horn, it was at least two honks. PMSL. OTL. Yeah, it's a Wu thing... You aren't Wu if you ain't know those things.

 

The door opened. Yang opened it. Ohhh, I remember her. That was a good sign. I wasn't aging. PMSL. She smiled as she saw us and led us inside. Kai automatically found a couch to himself and sank onto it and started snoring again. Chen and Tao looked around them, with mouths open wide. Fengkuang de dongsaengs. LOL. I just mashed Chinese and Korean. Whatever. It meant "crazy little/younger brothers," by the way. Wo de xiao didi...my younger brothers. Kyungie seemed to recall the surroundings, because he was nodding over what he saw while he scanned the living room. Xiao Yi snuggled next to Sehun who plopped into one of the couches. Little sister was sleepy, too. Chanyeol followed mama and Yang. They probably went to the kitchen. I might as well follow them, because my stomach was practically shouting for food. And I wasn't mistaken. There was breakfast prepared for us again. Gramma was already up and having her coffee. Grandpa was still probably sleeping.

 

Oh, you're here. Excellent!

 

Or not. That was him, who just entered through the back door. He probably went for a morning walk around the house? LOL. Kai didn't say he did, except maybe go up the little hill to the ancestor's shrine to pray. Maybe he prayed for our safety in travelling...specially the hyungs and papa. They needed more prayers because they had to ride on an airplane.

 

 

 

Grandpa, gramma and mama talked a lot on the breakfast table. I devoured the food that was on my plate. I felt so full after a third helping of ricebowl. Yummmm... I my lips. Gramma saw me from the corner of her eye and smacked my hand. She was on my left. OTL. The strict grandmama Wu. I bet Kai had his share of this when he stayed for a week before. I bowed slowly and mouthed an apology. Gramma had her eye on all of us, actually. Whenever she saw any one of us did something unacceptable, she would clear and call our attention. I was the unlucky one, because I sat beside her. So, she was able to smack me. Tao and Chen got gramma's attention three times. They were seated opposite her. I chuckled as their names were called when gramma saw them playing with their chopsticks...as if they were drum sticks. Kai got an award too. For sleeping at the table. He was dragged by Chanyeol to the table, when he didn't get up when mama called us for (another round of) breakfast. He just dropped his head on the table and snored. Gramma and grandpa awarded him with a prod on the shoulders and "Kai, nin de limao zai nali-ah?" A rough translation would be, "where are your manners Kai?" Tao and Chen continued to eat in silence after that. They didn't want a fourth award. LMAO.

 

After second breakfast, Yang escorted us upstairs to our rooms. I shared a room with Xiao Yi (hello Bai Xian gege. Thank you Luhan gege. OTL), Tao and Kyungie (because Chen would be sushi and Kai would be roasted...dark knight), Chen and Kai (world war 5), and Sehun with Chanyeol (because Kai or Tao would mean death). Mama had a room to herself, of course. It just dawned on me. I was in-charge of the dongsaengs. Lord help Bai Xian. If I'm going to be in-charge here, I better start putting on my gege-mask. PMSL. WU-thority is Baekhyun! I call the shots here. Even if it was only for three days. Awuuuuu!

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

I paced back and forth in the room I shared with Xiao Yi. She sat on the bed watching me as I walked back and forth in front of her. She didn't say anything. She just stared at me like I was a movie she was engrossed at watching. I was thinking of stuff to do for the day. I could bet on my last Renminbi that mama won't mind if I asked if I and the dongsaengs would go out and explore the place, just like Kai did before. But where? Ahhhhh, there was that lake nearby. We could go and check it out. I forgot there was a lake. But then again, I didn't really wander off when I was here before. Kai did some sleuthing when it was his time here.

 

Me: Xiao Yi, what do you say we go and check out that lake Kai told us before?

Xiao Yi: That sounds cool, gege.

Me: Let's go tell the others?

Xiao Yi: Okay.

 

And we both went out of the room. On the way out, the others were also just going out of their rooms. We met at the hall.

 

Me: So, Kai...what say you about checking out that lake?

Kai: Cool. But it's a little way farther down, hyung.

Me: Ah, no problem. We can take the van going there.

Sehun: Are you sure mama will let you?

Me: Oh ye of little faith, Shi Xun, of course.

Sehun: Well...go on, ask her. *rolls eyes*

 

I rolled my eyes back at him and went down the stairs to where mama was. She was watching the news in the sitting room. Alone. A good sign. Hehehe.

 

Me: Uhmm... Ma..

Mama: Yes, dear?

Me: I was thinking...well, we were thinking of going down the lake and...

Mama: Lake? 

Me: Yes... it's...Kai said that there's a lake not far from here.

Mama: Oh...yes. I remember. Sure, just don't stay too long. Bring with you change of clothes. Your little sister...remember.

Me: Xiexie ni, ma. And uhm...

Mama: Yes?

Me: Is it possible for you to lend me the keys to the van? *grins like a puppy*

Mama: Sure. *fishes out keys from purse, hands it* Drive carefully. And bring your license.

Me: Thank you, thank you!

 

I hugged mama and walked with a swagger to where the others stood, with amazed looks.

 

Keys in hand, we hurried to the front of the restaurant and climbed in the van. Wu Bai Xian, this is it. You better be careful, though. Or else.

 

Ignition on...

 

...and I was driving.

 

Hoooooooohhhh yeahhhhh!

 

Watch me drive, papa. LOL.

 

CRASH!

 

Uh-oh....

 

 



 

LMAO. What was that, Baekhyun? You crashed the van? LOOOOOLLLL. 

Anyway, there's a part 2 for each: Phuket and Wu camp. xD

Xiexie nimen for subscribing. ^_^

我爱你们 ♥ 사랑해요!  EXO 사랑하자 !