bedtime story. [part 1]

Broken Angel Across The Street
rain.jpg

The rain started to pour. The sound was so calming and the wind flewing spring breeze through the ventilation shaft. Outside, the leaves on the trees was dancing as the raindrops splashed on them. Meanwhile, inside the house, two person was in gloom.

You took a deep breath and started storytelling.

 

“I had a wonderful life before I came here.”

 

“You must have known SM Entertainment, right? I worked there once. Mr. Lee Sooman hired me because of my excellent grades. Working there, I fell in love with one of Super Junior member. Ever heard of Lee Sungmin? Yes, he was my boyfriend. I was one of their assistants, and I was dating a member of one of the greatest boybands in Korea. My life was perfect.”

 

“Lee Sungmin loved me very much. Every Super Junior member knew just how much. I often hung out at their dorm. They some times hugged me and kissed my cheek. I was their little sister. Sungmin was so happy whenever I was around.”

 

“One day, one of the oldest managers told me that... I should leave SM Entertainment for good. He said it was better for me to leave. I didn’t know what they mean, so I ignored it. I’ve signed my working contract there, anyway. A month later, I met him again. He told me to leave, again. This time, he pressed me. He plead. He won’t tell me why.”

 

“Two weeks later, I was called for a meeting. It was six in the morning, and I was the youngest staff, so I didn’t have any idea about it. When I arrived at the conference room, it was only Mr. Kim Youngmin, who held the crown of SM Entertainment after Mr. Lee Sooman left.”

 

“He gave me a pile of papers. He told me to sign four out of those papers. I took some time to read it, and by the time I reached the fifth page, I realized something that I would never wish for.”

 

“I was asked to voluntarily sign my own resignation.”

 

“I didn’t want to. I had a contract, and I wouldn’t ever deny it. Mr. Kim Youngmin stated that I was intriguing Super Junior’s career. He didn’t like it when I strolled with the boys, especially Sungmin. He said that he already received some fan mails, that they’re suspicious about Sungmin having a girlfriend. His rule is… Idols shouldn’t date. We argued until I finally lost. I was aware that he might fire a lawsuit on me, while I was only an assistant. My salary for a year won’t be enough to talk back to SM Entertainment at the court. I didn’t want to make this problem bigger, so... I heartily signed everything.”

 

“That time, Super Junior was on their tour. I didn’t tell the boys that I left. I packed my things right after I forcefully resigned. The other assistants who were on my team were all wanted to help me to find a job, or just wanted to be with me. I refused their kindness and walked away without saying anything. I went to a cheap motel on the suburbs and decided to stay there until some indefinite time.”

 

“I was too afraid to go home. As the backbone of the family, I promised myself not to come back home until my life is at least... stable.”

 

“The next day, I received a phone call from Open World Entertainment. They heard that SM Entertainment kicked me out ‘indirectly’. I believe it was my partners who recommended me to them. They hired me to assist their newly formed group X-5. I accepted it. The same day, I had a new home. I lived with X-5. They’re nice boys. Their leader is on the same age with me, and the rest called me ‘noona’.”

 

“Since my first day working there, the boys treated me well, especially their leader. The leader, Hyunsuk, is a very attractive guy. He flirted on me some time. He called me ‘baby’ or ‘sweetheart’ when there was only six of us. He even said that he liked me. I couldn’t deny that I like him, too. But I couldn’t stop thinking about Sungmin whenever I was with him.”

 

“When Super Junior boys got back, they were all looking for me. They called my cell phones. They emailed me. They tweeted me using their secret accounts. They missed me. I cried when I listened to their voicemails. Even Kyuhyun sent me one, after a week. He said, ‘Sungmin refused to eat anything. He’s hospitalized now. Please come back. I can’t see him like this.’”

 

“This put me in a hard position. I decided to text Kyuhyun, asking him where he was hospitalized. I rushed there. I couldn’t let him suffer because of me. When I arrived at the hospital, all members were there, including Kibum and Hangeng. We ran into each other’s arms and I felt so happy. I missed my brothers. I gave Sungmin a kiss before I told them what happened.”

 

“Honestly, it was the first time I saw Sungmin acting so furious.”

 

“Sungmin tried to get rid of the IV while Kyuhyun and Siwon gripped him to avoid it to happen. Donghae and Eunhyuk hugged and comforted me while the rest were talking to each other about what I just told them.”

 

“Then Leeteuk stood in the middle of all of us and spoke. ‘Though she’s not in SM anymore, we’ll still love her, right? She’s forever our lovely dongsaeng and we’re her big brothers. If we still love her, we’ll be protecting her. No matter what. And Sungmin, I know you love her more. You don’t have to break up with her, right? No matter where she works now, you still can make this relationship work undercover. Don’t let your anger rise, please.’

 

“Our relationship remained undercover. Hell, it wasn’t easy for me. We met once a month. He rarely contacted me. Even Lee Donghae contacted me more often than him. Then, a news spread, that Lee Sungmin had a girlfriend. Not so long after this news spread, his twitter account was vanished. His secret account, too. He texted me that… He couldn’t do a relationship like this anymore. He was just too busy and I was so out of reach. Lee Sungmin was so depressed of everything that he couldn’t gain weight. He lost it instead.”

 

“SM called me one day. He told me to come to their office on Sunday. I had a bad feeling about it. Shortly, a staff I’ve never met took me into a room. I was sure I caught a sight of Sungmin and Mr. Kim Youngmin inside the room, but the staff dragged me quickly to a room beside it. Walking out of the room, I lost my consciousness. I woke up at a hospital bed.”

 

“All I know was… Lee Sungmin is dead. And that I hate Super Junior. I didn’t know why I hate Super Junior so much.”

 

 

======================================================================================================

 

Do I disappoint you?