Liu - The Twelve Forces, Part 2 (Nukdae)

The Wolf and the Beauty

(I'm using "Kyungsoo" instead of "DO". it helps me keep track of him better. (poor Kyungsoo and his two letter stage name that's also a verb in the english language *shakes head*.)

Suho and Sehun ran through the streets to the group's favorite cafe. It was late evening on Sunday. The two approached the tucked away building just in time to see the other eight boys walking out with drinks in hand.

"Hyungs!" Sehun called out.

"Hey, you two," Chen greeted them.

"You guys are late. We were just about to leave," Kai told them.

"We got you drinks," Lay held out two cups of bubble tea.

"Never mind the drinks!" Suho said. "We just saw Luhan heading to the old train yard!"

"Oh really?" Chanyeol growled. (Eururong! lol)

"I say he's due for a beating," Kai spat.

"Let's go get him then!" Tao shouted.

The eight of them threw out their drinks and followed Suho and Sehun.

 

The trainyard was dark, deserted and just downright eerie. Half of them had silently decided that they really didn’t want to be there, regardless of how much Luhan deserved whatever Kai, Chanyeol, and Tao had decided to dish out to him. The other half had to swallow back down the fear bubbling up from their bellies and push on through the cobble, dust and cement covered grounds littered with old freight trains, coal cars, cargo trailers, and some other silhouetted trains they couldn’t quite make out in the dark. They stumbled over train tracks, buckets of water and piles of coal, calling out to their prey.

 

“What the hell would Luhan be doing in a place like this?” Baekhyun shivered, rubbing his arms which were covered in gooseflesh.

 

“Who knows. Let’s just rough him up a bit and get outta here,” Tao trailed behind Chanyeol’s towering figure.

 

“Scared?” Chanyeol smirked at him.

 

“As if!” he scoffed half-heartedly. “But seriously though, who know’s what else is out here.”

“I can’t say I disagree,” Lay sighed. “And it’s getting cold too.”

 

“Oh shut up and stop whining,” Kai barked. “There’s nothing out here except us and that little traitor. So let’s find him, lock him in one of these old cabooses and get out of here.”

 

“Funny. That’s not unlike what Tao said,” Xiumin said nervously, a poor attempt at a joke to lighten the mood.

 

Kai stopped and turned around, growling. “Stop being a bunch of sissies and it up. There are no monsters or goblins or ghosts out here. It’s just your mind playing tricks on you. There’s no such thing as monsters anyway!”

 

“Uh guys…” Chen’s voice wavered. “... Where’s Suho and Sehun...?”

 

It was deathly silent again as the eight of them stopped and looked around, casting their eyes further into the darkness. The wind blew and whistled in their ears. The surrounding trees rustled, their arms swaying back and forth, beckoning them. They jumped at shadows. The only small amount of light that radiated around the trainyard came from three small lamps up on top of the train house, but they were spaced out widely and there were dark spots in between them.

 

“Oh, well this is just great. Now we have to find them too,” Chanyeol grumbled.

 

“Where the hell did they run off to?!” Kai shouted.

 

Just as they all started to shuffle forward, a low, loud and throaty howl swept over the trainyard.

 

“Uh, you know… I think I can let Luhan off the hook for today. Maybe we all should just go home. I don’t want my karma to come back at me,” Kyungsoo stuttered, stumbling backward. He turned to make a mad dash out of the trainyard when he was grabbed by the collar.

 

“Shut up and stay put,” Chanyeol said. “You’re on your own that thought. Besides, this is even better. We can feed him to the monsters.”

 

“Unless they get to him first,” someone mumbled.

 

“I don’t know,” Baekhyun paled. “Forgiveness is sounding like a good idea right about now.”

 

Fed up with his friends’ weakness, Kai grabbed Baekhyun and Kyungsoo by the front of their shirts and yanked them towards the front of the group. “Just shut up already! You see?! There’s nothing there! Stop being so scared of things that aren’t even there and go!”

 

Kai shoved them in the back, sending them both flying forward into the darkness. They landed on the gravel covered ground with a loud thump. They groaned and pushed themselves to their knees, brushing off the gravel dust. They looked up to find themselves staring up into a pair of glowing blood red eyes.

 

There was a throaty growl and hot, stale breath brushed across their faces. In the dark they could make out several ivory white canine fangs. Kyungsoo jerked his hand back when something wet, slimey and thick splashed across it. Kyungsoo and Baekhyun turned to look at each other, each other’s fear reflected in their faces. Cold sweat lined their skin. Suddenly, an overhead light flickered before staying on, casting an eerie, dull glow over the area, showing just what was in front of them.

 

A wolf, huge, as big as a Great Dane, only with a lot more fur, snarled right in their faces. Its fur was dark gray like storm clouds. Its ears, two if its paws and tail tip where white. Its paws were almost as big as one of their closed fists and bore sharp, talon-like claws. The fur along its back and shoulder blades was ruffled as its muscles bunched and tightened.

 

Kyungsoo and Baekhyun wasted no time screaming in fright and scampering up to bolt away. “Monster!!!”

 

“Holy ! It’s a wolf!” Xiumin cried as Kyungsoo and Baekhyun ran passed them.

 

“Who cares what it is?! Let’s get the outta here!” Tao turned and ran, following Baekhyun and Kyungsoo in suit.

 

“Sorry, Kai! I’m with them on this one!” Chen ran off with Xiumin and Lay behind him.


Chanyeol and Kai looked at each other then back at the wolf. It charged after them and they cried out and high tailed it.

 

 

Kyungsoo and Baekhyun--with Tao right behind them--ran through the trainyard and didn’t stop, didn’t slow down.

 

“You know what? all this ‘revenge on Luhan’ Kai and Chanyeol are throwing at us! I never agreed with it in the first place! I sure as hell am not dying because of it!”

 

“Right! I don’t want to end up a midnight snack!” Baekhyun huffed.

 

“Then shut up and run!” Tao nearly sobbed.

 

Then, suddenly, two more wolves lunged out from either side and bounded at them. Tao shoved Kyungsoo and Baekhyun to the ground and the two wolves sailed over them. They scrambled around to look at them.

 

One was chocolate-caramel brown all over with white toes on its front two paws. The other was slightly smaller (but not by much) and dark brown with a lighter brown patch on its back.They both were huge like the first, both with crimson eyes.

 

The three boys hugged each other as the two wolves ran at them. However, Xiumin ran up behind the white-toed one with a loud, raging cry, and swung a wooden two-by-four into its side. The wolf squealed and screeched in pain and rolled over and around to face Xiumin. It snarled ferociously at him.

 

He raised the wooden board like a bat. “You want more?! Huh?! Come on then!”

 

The wolf lunged and Xiumin swung and struck its head. It yelped and went down.

 

“Hurts, don’t it, you stupid, fur-brained mutt?!” The other wolf turned and growled at him. “You want some too?!”

 

It lunged too, but it was faster than the last. It grabbed the board in its jaws and yanked Xiumin to the ground, climbing on top of him. It pinned the board across his chest, preventing him from moving.

 

Meanwhile, the second wolf got up to its feet, shaking its head. It looked around. Its eyes found the three boys cowering on the ground. It gave a low growl and stalked over to them.

 

Kyungsoo grasped a handful of gravel and threw it at the wolf. “Get away from us!”

 

The wolf easily dodged it and continued to pad slowly to them. Behind the wolf, Xiumin still struggled with the third wolf. It hadn’t tried to harm him, but it did a damn good job of not letting him move. His back dug into the gravel, some of the sharper ones scraping his back through his shirt.

 

Xiumin caught a glance behind the wolf. He spotted Kai, Chanyeol, Chen, and Lay emerging from the darkness. They walked backwards, away from the first wolf. They were cornered.

 

 

 

The gray and white wolf stared down the four boys. He let them know with his glowing, crimson eyes that if they tried to run he would be right behind them. He diverted his eyes to the dark brown wolf and snorted to get his attention. The other looked back and cocked one ear back.

 

On my mark.

 

He blew air through his nose and turned to convey the message to the last wolf. The chocolate one simply continued to stare down the three boys on the ground.

 

The gray wolf bore his eyes into Kai. The poor thing was pouring more sweat than a waterfall did water. “Not so hot now, are you?” the wolf internally laughed. “No, wait. I guess you’re burning with fear. You should be.”


Now.

 

(someone please tell me if I spelled "nukdae right"? Anyway. This chapter was originally called "Awakening". But it would have been too long for me to get done this week so I split it up. so, I'm guessing you guys might have an idea of what comes next. *wink wink*

 

Oh, also, here's a couple of Trivia Question just for fun:

1. since it's common sense that the wolves are Suho, Luhan, and Sehun (cause there's Kris (who is god knows where) and the eight other of EXO). So, who (in order of appearance and color) are the wolves? Which color wolves are who?

2. If Luhan is The Displacer, Kris is The Sky Dweller, Sehun is The Free Spirit, Suho is The Trident of Poseidon, and Kai is The Untouchable, can anyone try and guess the names of the others? (Hint: they all have to do with their powers and some of them (okay most) are actually not that inconspicuous. Also, I referenced Greek mythology for Suho. There's another with a Greek God reference.)

Just for reference, the people left to name are Chen, Chanyeol, Tao, Xiumin, Baekhyun, Lay, and DO.

 

I'll also post the names in the next chapter of whoever can accurately or closely name one of the 7 powers that are left. (this is just for fun, so don't be sad if someone else guesses one (or if no one guesses any lol) I might do more like this.

 

See ya!)