Wu - The Twelve Forces, Part 1 (Wind and Water)

The Wolf and the Beauty

His friends were gone, but life continued on for Luhan, regardless of how depressed and confused he was.


On one side, now that he didn’t have his friends to worry about, he could focus on his assignment.


But on the other hand, he missed them dearly, and he had never felt more lonely.


But life waits for no one.


It was the end of another long, agonizing week; the end of another round of his ex best friends shoving him around and reminding him of what he did to DO that night. The end of another week filled with hurt and angry looks from DO himself. The end of another week of Kai treating him like nothing more than a bully’s prey. And Lihua... well she was ignoring him all together, now that she knew he was the guy from that night he hid her from the Hunters.


Hyeonsung had brought more Hunters around numerous times, hoping to restore his ego by enacting revenge on Luhan and the other boys. However, Luhan made it his job to single handedly fend off all of them before they even got close to EXO. As far as the ten boys knew, they had scared them off for good.


Luhan walked down a deserted main street, his hands in his pockets, head bowed down. It was just after ten at night. The only light came from the dull, yellow-orange glow of the street lamps. He spent the nights he was too mentally exhausted to search for what Kris sent him out to find like this: wandering around, refusing to head back to his empty and equally lonely apartment.


He felt wet drops litter his face and he looked up just as it started to rain. So you hate me too now, huh? Is that it Sky? Are you sick of my helplessness?


As if in response, it rained harder.


Ah, I see, then. Luhan snorted and shook his head. “I’m talking to myself in my head again.”


“That’s not really a good sign,” came an all too familiar voice.


“Luhan-ah. Are you really going to let the other hyungs continue to do this to you?” That one was equally, if not more, familiar.


Luhan whipped around, rain falling from his hair and face. He gasped choked on an airy sob when he saw them; Suho and Sehun.


Luhan looked around, expecting to see the rest of the gang. “Where are they? Did you guys come to make me let my guard down while the others come and jump me?” He struggled not to cry.


Sehun shook his head, looking just as sad as Luhan. “No, Hyung. We were never angry at you. We understood.” He lifted up his right hand, palm out. Luhan’s eyes bulged and he paled. The rain falling on him rolled off his body and clothes like a cold sweat.

 

The symbol of the Force of The Free Spirit. The Wind Force.


Luhan looked passed Sehun’s palm to Suho’s neck, on the left side.

 

The Trident of Poseidon Force symbol; The Force of Water.

 

 

 

 

Luhan’s apartment was nearby, so he lead Suho and Sehun there to get out of the rain. After they arrived and dried off, the three sat in Luhan’s living room.


“You’re... kidding me. You guys are Force Holders?”


Suho nodded and he and Sehun dried their hair with towels. “We didn’t say anything when it happened because one: they wouldn’t have believed us, two: even if they did they wouldn’t understand, and three: it would have made the situation even more difficult. So we pretended that we were in the dark like they were,” Suho explained.


“So what I’ve been searching for has been right in front of me the whole time...”


“More than you know,” Sehun said. “All of the others are Force Holders too. Furthermore, you, me, Suho, plus all of them make up eleven of the twelve original Forces.”


Luhan’s jaw hung open. “I... Why didn’t I feel any of you?”


“The two of us have gotten used to hiding our Force Spirit’s presence. But you didn’t feel the other because they haven’t been Awakened yet,” Suho answered. “I was Awakened by a different Force Holder and I Awakened Sehun. When we first met the others, we knew automatically what they were. We could sense it. The way they acted, the way they moved and fought. All the signs are there. Kai has even said that when he fights it’s as if he knows they can’t touch him. One moment he’s in one place and the next he’s in another. He’s--”


“Untouchable,” Luhan finished. “He’s the Force of The Untouchable.”


“Even when a Force Holder is Sealed, their Force Spirit still emanates a small portion of its power,” Sehun told Luhan.


Luhan took a deep breath and looked at Suho and Sehun seriously. “The reason I’m here is because the Alpha of my Pack, Kris, sent me to find the other ten original Forces. Apparently, certain Packs are betraying their Alphas and siding with the Hunters. However, Kris has faith in their loyalties and believes that the Hunters must be getting rid of the Alphas and making it seem like they’re betraying them. I agree with him, but we’re on our own in the theory.”


“What does he plan to do once all The Twelve Forces are Released and together?” Suho asked.


“He believes that with all of The Twelve Forces, we can stop the Hunters... for good.”


“As in like... we’ll never have to worry about them again?” Sehun looked shocked.


“Yeah. That was the impression I got from him.”


Suho looked to be deep in thought. “And this Kris... He’s one of the Twelve?”


Luhan nodded. “He’s the Force of The Sky Dweller.”


“Flight,” Suho sighed. “So all of the Twelve really have taken Holders this time. That hasn’t happened since the very first Force Holders.”


“Hyung, you’re The Displacer, aren’t you? Telekinesis?”


“That’s right. I’m our Pack’s Beta. Kris duizhang trusts me more than anyone else in the Pack,” Luhan confirmed. “So... what now? I haven’t heard from Kris duizhang since he sent me on this assignment.”


Suho and Sehun looked at each other. Suho turned back to Luhan after his and Sehun’s “eye conversation”. “Well, I suppose we do the only thing we can do: try and convince the others and Awaken them.”


“That won’t be easy,” Sehun shook his head in doubt. “They’re all as stubborn as oxen.”


“We really don’t have a choice,” Suho pointed out. “They shouldn’t go too much longer without training in controlling their Forces, especially since they’re all part of the Twelve. Who knows what their powers could do to them in their Sealed state. All of the first Force Holders of The Twelve Forces were Awakened immediately when the Spirits bonded to them.”


“Tomorrow is Saturday...” Luhan said lowly. “That would be as good a time as ever to try and convince them.”


One thing was for sure: Luhan was not looking forward to this...