Yi - Strangers in the Dark

The Wolf and the Beauty

Now or never, he thought as he climbed up the ladder. He paused when he got to the top to take a deep breath. He thought he spotted a figure out of the corner of his eye, but he didn’t have time to pay attention and dwell on it. He had Hunters on his tail, almost literally.


He jumped, tucking in midair into a flip and landing perfectly on the fire escape. He rushed down, jumping off over the last set of stairs and somersaulting when he hit the ground, stopping neatly on the balls of his feet. He dared to glance back. No Hunters. Good. He continued on.


However, just as he darted off down the lower rooftop he sensed their presence behind him. He leaped skillfully over the short columns, stopping on top of one to look back at the black dressed and masked pursuers. He flipped off and ran as fast as his human feet could take him.


Still they chased him. They never give up.


He ducked into an abandoned building and zigzagged through it’s lonely, deserted halls. One of the Hunters caught up with him and nearly caught him, but he ran across the wall and twisted back off of it, evading the man’s grasp.


Too slow.


But his running had only just begun...



Park Lihua dreamed she was on the moon and that it wasn’t just some big, floating, dusty rock out in space. She dreamed it was beautiful on the surface, and that, maybe, there was even a majestic palace there, housing some goddess of the moon. It was a peaceful dream...


Until she awoke to the darkness of the late evening, atop a white building.


“Aah! I fell asleep! Oh, no! I have to get home!”


She gathered up her things and raced down the building. She ran through the dark, empty streets until she came to a long alley lit by street lamps lining each side. Suddenly frightened, she slowed, wary and cautious.


The lights flickered. She froze. Footsteps in the distance thundered towards her. She knew it would do her well to run the other way and hide, but just as she was turning to run away from the impending danger, a pair of soft, small hands grasped and pulled her into a shadowy corner.


“Find him!”


“When we catch that bastard, he’s dead!”


A group of maybe a dozen men or more raced through the alley and down towards the main streets, out of sight. He heart pounded in her ribcage, as did the owner of the hands’. Her fingertips brushed one of the person’s wrists. She may have been imagining things, but she swore she felt a slight impression there. A sort of energy buzzed underneath her fingers.


She threw the stranger off and whirled around. “Hey, who do you think you are, grabbing me like that!?” In the dull light, she saw a shadow of a face. A boy. Young, pretty, blonde, and... scared? She couldn’t place his expression with the right emotion.


“S-sorry...” he muttered before running off in the opposite direction of the men who were chasing him. He was gone almost instantly and she was alone in the dark once more.

 

(having to watch the video bit by bit so the chapters are short and to the point. That's okay, that's easier for me. Actually, I'm supposed to be writing something else, but... I'm an EXOtic so, hahaha!)