4

Sworn enemies

Luhan walked down the hall with Yixing as they swung by his locker to pick up his lunch.

He stopped in front of locker A145, murmuring his combination as he spun the dial.

"13... 45... 8."

The lock clicked as the locker opened.

A few sheets of paper slipped out, gently winding through the air.

Luhan sighed, picking up a stray paper out of his locker and reached down to pick up the ones frm the floor.

He turned and looked at Yixing.

"Yixing, I swear, if it's you trying to prank me again, I'm going to a brick and shove it up your ."

"I wish I had done it. You went crazy last Valentine's Day trying to figure it out." Yixing chuckled, shaking his head as he reminisced. "But it's not me this time."

Yixing's dimple appeared as he smiled.

Luhan glared at the dimple.

The dimple was obviously mocking him in some sick, twisted way.

Stupid dimple.

Stupid Yixing.

Stupid letters that proclaimed everlasting love and affection, things that the admirer adored about him, promises of giving him kisses everyday, and vows of plenty food because Luhan was looking kind of skinny recently was he eating enough?

At first, Luhan had just dumped the pieces of paper without looking, but after the letters kept coming, Luhan ended up just tucking them into his pocket because it was just easier than walking to the trashcan (or that's what Luhan told himself).

Yixing fluttered his eyeslashes and lips at Luhan like a horse and galloped off.

Luhan closed his locker and took off after Yixing, yelling,"FOR THE LAST TIME, ZHANG YIXING, YOU WERE NOT BITTEN BY A WERE-UNICORN. UNICORNS DON'T EXIST."

Minseok slowly stepped out from behind the corner and looked around cautiously, making sure that there was no one in the area.

He smiled, a large grin spreading across his face because he was finally getting through to Luhan.

Maybe not really, but at least Luhan wasn't throwing his lovers (love+paper=lovers because Minseok is cheesy like that) away anymore.

Taking a few more slips of paper out of his pocket, he carefully slid them through the vents, making sure that it landed into the right locker, locker A145.

 

Kris silently mourned the death of his wallet next to Baekhyun.

Baekhyun ignored him, too busy on re-tracing his waterline with the new eyeliner that he got.

Kyungsoo nervously stared at Kris and Baekhyun, his gaze switching between the two like he was watching ping pong.

Kris kept silent, sadly tracing a dollar sign onto his empty wallet.

It was quiet.

Too quiet.

Sehun quickly quipped,"How's Chanyeol doing?"

The silence was no more.

Baekhyun snapped the cap back onto the eyeliner, dramatically flinging his bangs back and wildly gesticulating with the eyeliner, stabbing in the air.

"How's Chanyeol, you ask? HOW IS PARK CHANYEOL?"

Chanyeol, who was walking past with his cronies, answered with a "was doing okay, but once I saw your face, not so much."

Baekhyun got up, silently handing his eyeliner to Kyungsoo, who stared at him with concern.

"B-Baekhyun, I th-"

"Just hold my eyeliner, Kyunggie. That's all you need to do."

Kai watched with an amused look on his face as Baekhyun and Chanyeol stood face-to-chest.

Baekhyun backed up a little so he could talk to Chanyeol's face, and not his (surprisingly nice) pecs.

"LISTEN HERE, YOU LITTLE-"

"Please," Chanyeol scoffed. "If anyone is little, it's you."

"Please, I'm bigger than your , but wait, it doesn't take much to do that."

Tao nodded approvingly.

"Amen. Preach it, Baekhyun."

Chanyeol whipped around and gave Tao a who's-ing-side-are-you-on glare.

Tao rolled his eyes.

Chanyeol turned back to Baekhyun.

"Well, I would applaud you for your oh so clever comeback, but I can't take you seriously with your ratchet, smudged up-""

Kris winced. "Oh, you don't want to say that. You reallllllllly don't want to finish th-"

"-eyeliner."

"-at sentence." Kris looked over at Yixing and mumbled,"You might wanna call the nurse."

Yixing nodded and walked off as Minseok entered the lunchroom.

"What'd I miss?"

Baekhyun's head cricked to the side.

He broke into a huge smile, his eyes starting to twitched, the left eye getting bigger than the right.

Minseok broke into cold sweat and quickly got behind Kris.

Luhan whispered to Kai,"Is it just me, or are you also starting to get the feeling like you're going to piss yourself?"

"It's not just you." Kai answered quietly, trying to not attract the attention of the terrifying beast that was Byun Baekhyun.

Baekhyun took a halting step forward.

Chanyeol's face was concerned.

"Are you okay, Baekhyun?"

Baekhyun's smile got bigger.

"I'm fine, Chanyeol. But I'm just going to kill you now."

Chanyeol started to back up as Baekhyun got closer and closer.

Baekhyun grabbed Chanyeol's hand and flipped him over his head, slamming him onto the floor.

He straddled him, pulling his hair back as he smashed two fingers into Chanyeol's throat.

He scratched at Chanyeol's face and eyes, screaming,"WHOSE EYES ARE RATCHET NOW? WHOSE GODDAMN MOTHERING EYES ARE RATCHET? ANSWER ME NOW."

Kai ran over to Kyungsoo and gently covered his widened eyes with his hands, protecting his baby from the unholy sight.

Luhan somehow ended up in Minseok's arms. ("yesssssssssss." minseok hissed as the confused deer stumbled into his welcoming arms)

Tao cheered on Baekhyun while Sehun looked on with a bored expression.

Kris stared in horror at the general chaos and the attention Baekhyun was attracting. (it was almost as much as the time Baekhyun came out)

Luckily, Yixing had the nurse on standby.

Mr. Chen (who was unfortunately on lunch duty) shook his head, mumbling something.

Only the kids closest to him would hear a few scattered curses and something that sounded vaguely like baek- and -yeol.