2

Sworn enemies

Baekhyun sighed and picked up another file, shoving it into the correct location.

"This is your fault." He muttered to Chanyeol.

Chanyeol ignored him and kept filing.

Eventually, Chanyeol broke the silence.

"Why do you even hate me so much?" 

Chanyeol makes his eyes extra big so that maybe Baekhyun will feel sorry for him.

Baekhyun looked at him with annoyance.

"Shut up, you piece of juice thief."

The corner of Chanyeol's mouth quirked up.

"So you do remember."

Baekhyun rolls his eyes.

"How could I not?"

Chanyeol wisely chose not to answer and continued filing.

After they file enough folders and documents, Mr. Chen lets them go and Baekhyun rants to Kyungsoo on the phone.

"I mean, we had to stay 2 hours after because he couldn't file fast enough. It's like, wait 'til my eyeliner dries, you , because imma smack down. His face. is. just. irritating."

Kyungsoo sighs (but away from the phone so Baekhyun can't hear) and asks,"Why is his face irritiating?" with the practiced sereneness of Oprah.

"Because it's nice when he isn't smiling, but when he smiles, one of his eyes almost closes and he has an annoying twitch and it's kind of scary because I think he might have tourettes and his voice just doesn't match up with his face..."

Kyungsoo sighs again, puts the phone on speakers, and starts making his dinner, because by the way Baekhyun's going, he isn't planning on stopping anytime soon.

Kyungsoo vaguely wonders if now would be a bad time to mention that he's dating Jongin, one of Chanyeol's best friends.

Across town, Kai (or Jongin to Kyungsoo because Kyungsoo is the only one who can call him by his real name without being punched other than his parents) experiences the same thing.

He pulls the phone away from his ear, wincing as the audio on the phone cracks because Chanyeol's voice is too damn loud.

"-AND HE TRIED TO BLAME IT ON ME. ON ME. CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT? IT'S LIKE 'SCUSE ME, MR. TOO-MUCH-EYELINER. Actually, his eyeliner looks kinda nice, it makes him look like a cute little puppy. Too bad his personality is a ."

Kai sighs as Chanyeol finally quiets down.

He cuts Chanyeol off as Chanyeol starts up again.

"LITTLE-"

"-Look, why don't you him already? This is getting really old. You guys have had unresolved from ing kindergarten."

Chanyeol gasps.

"Don't defile my innocent years. Those are all I have left to treasure."

Kai sniffs.

"Please, what innocent years. You d the homeroom teacher helper's and chest and asked him if he was a girl. What was his name again? Sungjong? I don't remember."

Chanyeol dramtically shouts, "You monster."

Then, he reddens and mutters,"That was one time, Kai. ONE TIME GODDAMMIT."

Kai sighs. "Just hurry up and him. The rest of us are getting tired of the whole mess."

Chanyeol lets out a huff but Kai quickly ends the phone call before he can say anything else.

Kai's phone rings again.

"I swear to god, if it's you, Chanyeol..." Kai threatens out loud, slamming down his pencil.

He was trying to do homework because he wanted to actually try a little this year (last night Luhan questioned why because is he hadn't down homework for the past 17 years or so, doing it now didn't really matter because his parents were rich and that was all that mattered).

He wasn't quite sure himself. 

Kai checks the phone and smiles.

Jongin answers the phone.

"Hey Kyungsoo, what's up? "

"Nothing much, just some Baekhyun and Chanyeol nonsense. I just got Baekhyun to hang up and rant to Kris instead. How's your homework coming along?"

"Good."