1

Sworn enemies

"And that is why I will never use that brand of eyeliner ever again." Baekhyun finished dramatically, stabbing the air for extra emphasis.

Minseok frowned, not sure of why Baekhyun was telling them that.

Sehun clapped slowly. "Thank you for that, Baekhyun. That was just what I needed to know."

"Don't get him agitated, he'll repeat the entire story." Kris stated, picking at his fingernails. 

Jumping off the ground, Kyungsoo lightly hit Kris over the head.

"Stop teasing Baekhyun, you know how he gets when he's irritated."

Baekhyun started to say something, but snapped his mouth shut as Chanyeol walked past with his friends.

Minseok stared longingly after Luhan while Baekhyun practically burned holes into the back of Chanyeol's neck.

"Looking again, Byun?" Chanyeol taunted without turning around.

"Please, you wish." Baekhyun answered with a toss of his head.

Chanyeol sneered,"I believe what you're trying to say is-"

Baekhyun didn't let him finish and just stormed off, sending him looks of death as he walked into the doors of their high school.

Luhan stared at Chanyeol, raising an eyebrow.

"Looking again, Byun?" He repeated, a mocking tone in his voice.

Chanyeol rolled his eyes. "Please, like you didn't notice Minseok practically drooling for you."

Luhan sniffed and turned away, already bored. Tao smirked. "Isn't Baekhyun the one that announced he was gay in front of the entire class during freshman year?"

"Why are you guys always like this?" Yixing sighed.

Kai frantically motioned for Yixing to shut up.

Chanyeol took in a deep breath and started to rattle off the story.

 

The first time Byun Baekhyun and Park Chanyeol met was in a classroom, both of them barely out of the protective world of their mothers and into kindergarten tyranny.

It was complete anarchy at SM Elementary, a kid-eat-kid world.

In fact, the principal, Lee Sooman, advocated this. He was all for "letting the children experience the real world".

The homeroom teacher, Junmyeon, was no help at all considering that no one gives a flying whether he sees them breaking rules or when he tries to intervene with a stammered,"P-Please stop."

Baekhyun reached for the last apple juice box, right as Chanyeol grabbed it away.

Baekhyun glared at Chanyeol with a fixed stare, firmly saying,"That was my juice box."

Chanyeol shrugged and pushed the straw into the juice box, taking a quick sip.

"Do you still want it?" He asked, making sure that there plenty of spit on the end of the straw.

Baekhyun stared soundlessly at the string of saliva connecting the straw to Chanyeol's mouth.

Letting out a roar of fury, Baekhyun sprang at Chanyeol, his tiny fists balled up and ready to take down.

Luckily, Junmyeon managed to get there before Baekhyun could inflict permanent damage to Chanyeol.

After that, they were sworn enemies.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol moved onto middle school, where Baekhyun managed to steal Chanyeol's first girlfriend.

After Baekhyun discovered that he was gay (and announced it to the entire grade), Chanyeol made sure to steal Baekhyun's first boyfriend.

The list of petty things that they had done to each other just went on and on.

Everyone but Chanyeol and Baekhyun was over their feud, which is why after yet another shouting match in Mr. Chen's class, Mr. Chen was desperate to get them to either reconcile or at least stop yelling.

"Byun and Park, shut the hell up." Mr. Chen moaned, practically slamming his head onto the wall.

Baekhyun glared at Chanyeol.

"Sir, with all due respect, it was Chanyeol's fau-"

"Oh, blame it on me. EVERYONE COULD OBVIOUSLY TELL THAT IT WAS YOUR F-"

"PLEASE SHUT UP FOR A SECOND."

Mr. Chen cut Chanyeol off, making Baekhyun smirk triumpantly.

However, the smirk slid quickly off his face when Mr. Chen announced what was going to happen next.

"Until you two find a way to kiss and make up, both of you will be staying after school to do odd jobs that the janitors are supposed to do but don't. You will start off by filing. Meet me in the school basement when you are done with school today."

Baekhyun and Chanyeol started to protest.

"But-"

"No buts. Butts are for kissing, and you better start doing some serious kissing because until you make up, you're both mine to use however I choose. Now stand outside for the rest of class, because I can't deal with the both of you any longer."

Baekhyun groaned loudly stomped out, shutting the door angrily behind him.

Chanyeol yelled,"Nice going, Baekhyun."

Whipping around, Baekhyun dropped his books.

"Don't even. DO NOT EVEN TRY TO TURN THIS ONE ON ME."

"WELL, IT'S A GOOD THING THAT I DON'T HAVE TO TRY."

Baekhyun turned red and started to shout back, but Mr. Chen stuck his head out.

"I swear to god, if you say anything else, I will shove sticks so far up your asses that it will come out of your goddamn mouth."

They stayed silent.