Photo album

My Childhood Love [Exo-M Luhan]

“Alright, class, the upcoming sports carnival is in three days and just like last year, we need to win! I know it is late notice but knowing that you only have three days to train will motivate you to work harder!” The teacher said with determination on her face. She’s competitive; I guess she can be since, after all, she is a P.E teacher.

I feel so keen on joining especially with the running events, I love to run. I’m not like those typical girls who whine when they get even a tiny bit of scratch on their leg. Screw that. No one really falls for whiney girls like those.

It’s been a week and a half since that date Han and I had. At first I thought it would be awkward afterwards but knowing that we had so many things in common only made our friendship stronger. I guess.

 

“Hey, are you signing up for any event?” Sehun turns to me.

“Yeah, I think I’ll join all the running events,” I replied.

Sehun smiles and pats me on the head. “So you’re a runner, huh?”

I just giggle and gave him a big smile.

“The sign-up sheets are on the back board,” the teacher continues.

I get up to sign for the running events before all the places could be taken. I haven’t run in quite a long time so I’m looking forward to this. I’ll have to train hard too.

---

It’s lunch time, I haven’t seen Yoon Jung all day. I haven’t spoken to her as well since that TaeTiSeo accident that happened to me, now that I’ve thought about it, I haven’t seen Han at all today too.

I grab food to eat and sat down at our usual table. I search around just in case Han or Yoon Jung might turn up. Suddenly, I feel a hand placed on top of my hand.

“I guess it’s just us two today,” Sehun tells me.

I look down at my hand and Sehun realises he still had his hands on mine so he quickly pulls it away.

“Um, anyway…training for the sports carnival starts after school, well, for our class anyway. Are you going?” I ask Sehun.

He stares at me for a while before answering, “Yeah, yeah. You’re really keen on this?”

I smile, “Of course! I love running! I feel like I can run for miles, get tired but still love it at the same time.”

I saw him smile as he took a bite of his egg salad sandwich.

“What?” I ask.

“Nothing, it’s just that most girls would hate to run,” he replies.

“Yeah, tell me about it. But I’m not like most girls,” I tell him.

He ruffles my hair and let out a light laugh. He’s been touchy-feely with me today; patting my head, touching my hand, ruffling my hair. If we weren’t close, I would’ve been crept out.

---

I wore a singlet and shorts just a bit above my knees for the sports carnival training. I know I’m supposed to have a uniform but I haven’t yet purchased any, my eomma doesn’t really give a lot of allowance money.

Our teacher, Miss Joon, approaches us carrying some equipment that would be used at the event.

“Okay, so I saw the sign-up sheets and by the looks of it, you all look pretty keen in this.”

Although it looked like she was talking to the whole class, her eyes were fixated in my direction. She saw me staring and gave me a smile.

 

Everyone went off to do their training in their participated events and Miss Joon comes up to me.

“So you’re a runner, Miss Lee.” She says to me.

I nod.

“That’s good.”

“I haven’t run for a long time though.”

“It doesn’t matter, if you put work and effort into it, you’ll be successful and will reach the finish line in no time.” She walks off leaving those words behind.

If you put work and effort into it, you’ll be successful and will reach the finish line…

Those words stayed in my head the entire training session. I guess she’s not a P.E teacher for nothing.

Once in a while, I checked on Sehun and wow, I never knew he could run like that.

 

I get changed back into my school uniform after training and headed out. Whew! I haven’t felt good in ages, I guess running gives me the strength.

“Ji Hyun-ah!” I heard someone call my name so I turn around.

It’s Sehun.

“I’ll walk you home,” he says.

“Oh, no. It’s okay, I won’t want to bother you,” I tell him.

“It’s fine, I insist.”

I let out a sigh, “Okay.”

 

As he walked me home, we talked a lot. Like Han, he also mentioned that he likes a girl but he doesn’t know whether to tell her yet. I feel like meeting these girls, I want to know who they are. I mean, it would be nice to meet the girls your friends like, right?

We stop walking when we get in front of my house.

I turn to Sehun. “You wanna come in?” I ask.

He hesitates for a moment. I could tell because he was rubbing the back of his neck and made ‘Mmmm’ noises.

“Oh, come on.”

He looked at me for a moment and finally answered ‘yes’. I would’ve invited Han too when he walked me home before but we just came from a hang-out, date, whatever you want to call it, and I would have felt quite awkward.

We walk inside and I take my shoes off, I told Sehun to do the same because eomma gets frustrated when there’s stain on the carpet.

I’m guessing she heard the door close because she walks into the lounge where we are.

“Oh. Who’s this?” She asks.

“Eomma, this is my friend, Sehun. Sehun, this is my eomma.” I say pointing Sehun to mom and pointing her to Sehun. Sehun bows and eomma did just the same.

“Why don’t you stay for dinner, Sehun? It’ll be done it a minute,” she tells him.

He looks at me as if wanting me to answer for him, I just gave a little nod to give the sign that I’m not answering the question for him. But although inside I wanted to say to eomma “Yes, he’ll stay for dinner”, I mean I did invite him.

After a while, he answers. “I’d be glad to.”

I head upstairs to my room and Sehun follows. Well, I guess I’ll just have to get changed later then.

He sees the photo album that was sitting on my bedside table. He takes a look and sat on my bed.

“That’s just from my childhood,” I tell him. I walk up to sit beside him.

“That’s me on my first birthday,” I say and pointing at the photo.

“You were cute,” he says.

“’Were’?” I ask.

“Yeah, isn’t that the correct term?” He teases. I give him a light punch on the arm.

He continued to flick through the album and I would tell him what was happening on them.

“That…that was my best friend,” I say pointing to Luhan.

“’Was’?” He asked.

“Well, I’m not so sure. Actually his father came to visit us one night and he said that this friend of mine goes to our school. But I haven’t seen him yet. I thought that he would’ve shown himself to me by now.”

I can feel the tears building up so I turn my head the other way, preventing Sehun from seeing.

“So, this friend, you like him?” I heard Sehun say.

“I don’t know what I’m feeling. Maybe I do? Maybe I don’t? I don’t know.” That was the only reply I could say.

 

** Sehun’s P.O.V **

The way she replied to my question gave me an immediate answer.

She does like Han. I mean, Luhan. It’s quite obvious, there’s no way in hiding that.

“Kids, dinner!” I hear Ji Hyun’s mom call out.

I close the photo album, taking one last glance at her photo with Luhan.

We walk downstairs and sat down on the chairs in front of the table.

Ji Hyun-ah, knowing that you like Luhan, it only motivates me to make you like me more.

You’ll see, you will like me.

 

** Ji Hyun’s P.O.V **

“Sehun-ah, what are you thinking so deeply about that’s making you space out?” I sarcastically say.

“Huh? Hehe, nothing.”

I smile. He looked cute spacing out like that, haha. I wonder what he was thinking about though.

And what’s up with that question, ‘do I like him’?

 

It’s not like he knows Luhan anyway.

 


 

[A/N: Hello~ Sorry for the late update again >.< It's actually quite hard coming up with the next chapter. But I'll try hard to update faster next time :) VOTE, COMMENT or SUBSCRIBE if you like this story, hehe <3]