Just For Tonight

Drabble collection

“Yuri? Are you asleep?” I heard her voice in a whisper after she opened my door silently. My eyes felt heavy, yet I opened them and turned around to look at her.

“What’s wrong?” I managed to ask in my sleepy voice.

“Can I sleep here?” she asked.

“Uhm, sure. Are you okay, Sica?”

She nodded. “I’m just feeling alone, now that I don’t have a roomate.” She explained while she started making herself comfortable next to me, in the big bed of my hotel room.

“I see, well, you should sleep now, because I don’t want trouble trying to wake you up tomorrow.” I said turning my body around and closing my eyes, ready to go into my dreamland. That’s when I felt Jessica the closest she could be to me at that moment, holding onto my arm. I could feel her breath on my nape.

That had just taken away any possibility that I had to fall asleep any time soon. My heart was raising. It was not like I wasn’t used to feel this way whenever I was in this kind of situations with her, but some time ago it had began hurting.

Oh, how bad I wanted to turn around and hug her, bring her even closer to me, reast my head against her and kiss her goodnight. But I couldn’t, and it was killing me. I couldn’t stand it anymore.

 “Sica, I...” I said trying to make her move away.

And she did. And now it hurts even more. “I’m sorry.” She said softly and turned around, back-facing me, but further from me this time. I sighed, trying to release the pain I was feeling, trying to convince myself that it was for the better to stay like that.

But my heart’s won this time. –Only this time.- I thought before turning around to her and pulling her into a hug. Our bodies pressed firmly against each other, my arms wrapping around her waist, my chin on the top of her head.

“Yuri…” I could sense the shock in her voice.

“Just for tonight. Just… tonight.” I whispered. She didn’t say anything, instead she turned around to face me and she hugged me tighter, burying her face in the crook of my neck.

We remained silent for a moment. I doubted it, but I planted a soft kiss on her forehead. She smiled.

And right there, we were real. Nothing else mattered that night. Being idols, members of South Korea’s National girl group, under SM Entertainment’s contrat; the rumors, the media, our parents, the pressure. That night, just for that night, it didn’t matter. We allowed ourselves to forget it all, to pretend that we could be happy together, that we could love each other that way. 

 

 “I wish I could stay this way forever.” She whispered.

And since that night, since that single night, I’ve been waiting for forever to come.

 

___________________________

 

A/N: This is my favorite so far. It's probably not the same as the Spanish version, but I hope it still has the same effect on you~