Missing Her

Drabble collection

Two months. Without her. Yes,  it’s been two months since she’s gone on that stupid trip. I can’t stop thinking about her, I miss her. Not do I only miss her, I need her. 

 

Text messages? A lot. Phone calls? A lot. Still not enough. If it depended only on me, I would call her every day, every night, who knows how much time and money I’d spend on contacting her. But it would be ridiculous, and hard, so hard… because no matter how many times I call her, when the moment ends, my heart stays floating in the middle of absolutely nothing. It is actually in that state right now, at 11 pm. I’m here like in a déjà vu of the last two months, in my room, thinking about her... I don’t know how many nights have scaped from me this way, as if I was unconsciously awake, and all of my self was immersed in those pictures that my brain kept playing like a slide show, over and over again. Pictures of her, more like portraits, as if I had memorized every single corner of her face and it was the only thing my eyes could see, no matter what was in front of them.

 

And suddenly... "Yuri!!" they yelled from the living room, breaking my trance almost automatically. -"Yul!", "Yuri-ah!" all of them they kept shouting at the same time. I don’t even know how or when I stepped out of my bed, I must have been extremely fast, because the only thing I know now, is that I’m poking out from the top of the stairs, watching those portraits recreated in my mind, assembling to the physical figure that was standing in front of me. Yes, it was her, she was there. My eyes were really seeing her. She looked even more beautiful than she did in my memories. Was that even possible? Apparently, it was. It truly was.

 

 

The members immediatly ran to her, hugging her, telling her things that I wasn’t able to hear.

 

I couldn’t wait. I ran downstairs and literally pushed the members away, so that there were no obstacles between me and her, just air, a gap which I quickly got rid of by capturing her lips, kissing her like my life depended on it.

 

 

No, of course I didn’t do that. I stayed upstairs, watching how the members clinged on her, happy to know she was back. But that was not the way I wanted to welcome her.

 

I hid part of by body behind the wall, so that only my head and a part of my torso were poking out, watching how they all were welcoming her.

 

Her eyes met mine. And in that couple of seconds, they didn’t seem to look away, but she makes me so weak that my cheeks turned red, a shy smile appeared on my face and I just had to look down.

 

When I looked back up, of course her attention was back on the members. But she knew that I was right there, she knew that I was looking at her. However, non of us two willed to move. We wanted our moment, and we were going to wait for it.

 

 

 

Thirty minutes had passed. Thirty freaking minutes.  They were all chatting about random stuff and talking about Yuri’s trip. I didn’t move, nor I took my eyes off of her. Creepy? It would be, but not between us.

 

Our eyes met again, a fleeting meeting. Not a single word.

 

 

 

"I’m surprised you are not sleeping already." She said to me, standing up from the couch once the members had gone to bed. She stood in front of the stairs, looking at me with a soft smirk on her face. I didn’t bother on making any comment, I started walking downstairs normally, like I did every day, even thought I was inexplicably anxious. Because I knew that if I ran, my heart would come out of my chest any moment.

 

And after what they seemed hours to me, I took my last step downstairs, throwing myself to her embrace.

 

"I’ve missed you." She whispered. I just held onto her tighter, hoping she would understand that I was not willing to let her go again. 

 

 

 

- "Sica, it’s been fifteen minutes, aren’t you going to release?"-  she asked, since I was still hugging her, more like clinging on her or helding onto her in any possible way.

 

 -"No." I answered firmly, making her laugh.

 

-"So cute."- She said letting her fingers play with my hair. -"Although …"- she went on. Eish, seriously, couldn’t she stay quiet? -"It doesn’t bother me or anything, but I’ve just got off the plane, and I really want to take a shower now.”

 

- "You are right, I’m sorry. I’ll let you take a shower.” –

 

- “Thank you.” She smiled.

 

- “But I’m coming with you.”

 

 

 

~