Lara II

Battle of the One-Shots

Some of us, little by little, wither, ending our dreams, whether we mean it or not.

It was raining, the cold and heavy drops hit the asphalt in a vane intent of getting it even more wet, as if it’s true intentios were to brake it and tear it apart. It wasn’t a very good weather to drive through the highways and still there was a car that moved in a speed way too close to the limit.

It’s driver, a lady without licence and pretty drunk was looking without seeing the bleak landscape that was diplay in front of her. Grays, white lights that were barely flashes because of the speed.

- The lights go by, and fast, but darkness stays forever... – she mumbled while her eyes wandered aimlessly and unconciously.

She looked to her side, to the passangers seat, where a half emptied bottle laid. Many more were standing on the car’s floor, one half totally empty and the other waiting to be consumed.

- And to think that I’m the same as all those who drown their pains in you... Worse off, you are not even half as good as a co-driver as he was...

Her face no longer showed that looseness, that “fish in the water” feeling she gave before, her face was simply charged by sadness and the lethargy of drunkness.

She had left it all behind: her family, even if they weren’t the best family and neither had she loved them, they had always been part of her surroundings; her city, where she had spent the last year and some months, and had known the things that she ended up loving; Her boyfriend, Kris, well, now ex boyfriend. She had disappeared without trace, she had stolen and lied to him, to his beloved Kris. All she had now was once his, the car, the money, the alcohol, the drugs, all had been his before being hers.

She hit the wheel with strength using her fist. The pain extended through her forearm and she cursed. Not only because of her hand but for everything else. She had screwed up, trully ed up, there was no turning point.

- You’re a demon Lara, do not play to be the angel. You had always screwed up everything stable or good in your life. IDIOT! – she screamed the last word with all the air in her lungs, insulting herself.

Lara laid her head on the seat and closed her eyes. She couldn’t continue like this, what was she doing? Her life, her heart, her soul, she always destroyed them. Wasn’t it time to change that?

Her eyes noticed the light. She didn’t had the oportunity to open them and see it for the last time...

 

Her counciosness wandered, there was no color, no hotness and neither coldness. She was herself, without body, without restrictions and without company. The absolute solitude surrounded her. That calmed her down and to a certain extent made her happy, she couldn’t harm anybody, not even herself because there was nothing there, her life wasn’t something relevant so it didn’t matter whether she destroyed it or maintained it on the best possible way, it didn’t harm her any more.

She didn’t think, just felt, felt what she wanted and what made her good. She didn’t feel her body, but if it was still alive, she was certain that her breathing would be shaggered and that there would be a small smile on her face.

She was so comfortable, placidly hosted by that darkness without color nor temperature. Strangely there was sound. A soft music, clasic, one of her favourites of the gender. There was no rush, there was no slowness either, there was no anxiety nor feeling of any type.

She was herself without pretending to. She existed without being, she was nothing and everything at the very same time. Everything was mixed with the darkness surrounding her and at the same time  was completely different.

 

The calmness overwhelms all her being, she looses her counciosness...