I still see your ghost

Battle of the One-Shots

Kris lit a cigarrete. Again, he couldn't sleep and settled for walk along the bridge near his apartment. He used to meet with Tao here, they used to just walk along the road, holding hands, laughing at anything and everything and just being happy.

"Kris." The said boy turned around upon hearing his name.

When he sees the raven-haired, smiling boy, Kris swears he's gone crazy. Because he was seeing Tao, and Tao was smiling, and a sudden flashback of the time when a crying Tao had screamed at Kris how he would never see him again made Kris shiver. But then another male made his way towards Tao and hugged him as if his life depended on it, Tao hugged him back. And that was when Kris realized that the golden-haired, tall guy that was at the moment hugging Tao in front of him, was himself. Kris sighed.

"I've finally lost it." He whispered to himself as he watched himself hugging Tao.

And, suddenly, he remembered. About five months ago, he and Tao had met at midnight in this same bridge, and they had hugged because they missed eachother so much, and they were just fine.

As Kris awoke from his reverie, he saw himself and Tao walking towards the direction of his home. He followed them, even if it was just a hallucination. He needed to see Tao again, even if Tao couldn't see him.

Kris found himself at the door of his apartment, without thinking twice, he went inside and followed the silhouettes to his bedroom.

They were kissing, kissing as if the world would en if they stopped and when Kris saw himself ing Tao's shirt and pushing him towards the bed he closed his eyes. He couldn't do this. He couldn't just watch and remember how happy they were, how much they loved eachother. And so, with the little strenght he had left, he ran. He ran out of his room, out of his appartment and up the stairs towards the rooftop of the building.

He looked at the nightsky and suddenly a joint of all their memories together began playing in Kris' mind like a movie. He remebered all the times he and Tao had hugged, all the times they had kissed, all the times they had made love to each other; with his mind, he retraced every curve on Tao's body and the content grin on his face when they cuddled. And Kris smiled as he walked towards the end of the building.

Because even if Tao wasn't here anymore, he would always be with him in his memories. And that was all Kris needed to be happy.

"I'm sorry," Kris whispered in hopes that, maybe, Tao would hear him and answer. "I miss you."

And, with the smile still on his face, he let himself go. Kris felt like he was floating, like he was flying. But then it all crushed, and it hurt like hell. His whole body ached. And when he opened his eyes, he didn't only see the sky on top of him, and the rooftop mocking him. He saw Tao's eyes.

And the more blood that flooded out him, the more relieved he felt. Because this was the only way he would ever get to see Tao again.

So, with his last breaths, he closed his eyes, the smile still present, and said.

"I love you."

And, with only memories of Tao on his mind, Kris let the darkness engulf him completely.