Misunderstood

Battle of the One-Shots

The smile on Lay's lips grew wider as he watched his beloved Chen singing on the other side of the glass wall of the recording studio. It was a day just like any other day but in Lay's eyes it was perfect and unforgettable. Any moment he could spend watching the other man was precious to him.

As the song came to the end, Lay started to feel anxious and nervous. He thanked some unknown deity for being the next one to be tortured in the studio and not having to look at Chen in the eyes. He thanked again for the mirrored glass that stopped him to get any more nervous by looking through it.

He sang, as he always would. In his mind, all the lyrics were thoroughly dedicated to the boy of his dreams, Chen. He silently loved everything about him, but was all too scared to even imply so to the other.

He came out of the cabin with a little sigh of exhaustion, and to his surprise, Chen was there a millisecond later asking about his well being with concern written all over his handsome features. Lay politely answered he was okay, no need to worry about him, he was just a little tired and that was about all. He felt sad when he noticed how his answer only made Chen frown and thus quickly added a small 'sorry' that only seemed to make the other frown even more in the end.

"Why are you always so polite with me?" Chen asked.

Lay wasn't really sure how he should answer and thus decided to simply say: "I'm polite with everyone".

"No you are not" came the immediate answer, followed by "And why the hell do you always apologize for?"

Lay was out of words thanks to the incredible panic that decided to settle in his body. He also felt guilty for annoying the other and his only wish was to run away as far as he could.

"You know" Chen started melancholically, startling Lay with the sudden change of mood. "I'm a little afraid to tell you this because you probably hate me but..." the dramatic pause and the total misunderstanding of his actions was killing Lay inside as well as the guilt and the panic. "... I love you".


With love to Lucy (my Panda). PD: THANKS FOR COMING!!