xvi;;

P A N D E M O N I U M

---xvi;;

“And the winner is…”

Oh Jesus Christ, have mercy, Shiyeon held her breath, slender hands subconsciously clutching onto Saebyul’s arm. The older woman threw her a tight-lipped smile, unable to fake a more believable grin in all her nervousness, “It’s okay, Yeonie. What’s the worst that can happen?” she whispered behind the MC’s back.

“Oh, well, you know,” the brunette hissed, glancing across the stage to Kai and his group, “If that thing wins and I end up having to date him.”

From her other side, Xiumin blinked curiously, “I don’t get it. Couldn’t you have just broken up with him right after?”

“Don’t you think I would have thought of that?!” Shiyeon groaned lowly under her breath, “I wasn’t so serious about this competition because there was that option, but he texted me the other week and said the minimum dating period was one month. One, whole, ing, month.”

Kris rolled his eyes, “Either way, if we don’t win, I just might kill you for using such a hard routine,”

“Oho,” Saebyul cackled darkly, glaring at the considerably taller, intimidating male, “Don’t even think about it, you giant. ‘Cos if you harm one hair on my baby, I will ing maul you.”

The MC tossed them an evil eye, effectively shushing the noisy group. He slowly opened the envelope in his hand, pulling out the card just as if not slower. His eyes bulged overdramatically, and the crowd froze.

PARANORMAL ACTIVITY!

WHAT?!

Kai suddenly doubled over, angrily ruffling his hair before storming up to the frightened MC, “What the hell do you mean, Paranormal Activity?! It’s ether SSX, or EXO-B, which is it!?”

“Son, I’m sorry that you did not win, but this is a fair competition. The judges made their choice based upon the proper evaluation rubric, and that is that. Now please step back—“

“No, I don’t give a about this other group. It’s us, or them,” Kai pointed a finger in Shiyeon’s general direction, and she raised a brow while pointing to herself.

The MC furrowed his brows, frustration setting deep into his eyes, “Look—“

“Kim Jongin, step the back,” Shiyeon intervened, indicating for him to let her take control. She turned to the MC, “Surely, there is a second and third placement, right?”

“Well, yes—“

The two furious groups roared.

“THEN ING READ IT!”