Four

Forever Mine

Sehun gave his father a big smile as the elder male stepped closer toward his son. Kris tried to keep his figure steadily as he could. Just now he bashed himself into the office quite loud, and eventually surprised the others inside the office.

 

He surely worried sick of his son's unknowingly condition. When Kris finally approached Sehun, he sures that everybody was watching after him like prey and predators. Especially female, Kris believed. For a moment Kris felt embarass and shameful of his overly action. He cleared his throat and gave Sehun a tiny smile. "Hey there. What happened, son?" Kris knelt in front of Sehun and made them equally at the same height. Sehun's smile turned fade upon hearing his father's . His small beautiful eyes stared on the tile of the office floor. Kris sure this is something not pretty good for Sehun, as he knows that kind of look displayed by the little boy. "What is it? Tell me, what happened Sehun?" Kris gracefully hold Sehun's both tiny shoulders as he tried to steal a look into the 7 years old boy's eyes. Sehun didn't move a muscle. He frozed himself like a statue, leaving Kris in wondrous state. Well, this is something that Kris less favour at. He shook Sehun's stiffened shoulder a little. "Hey." Still got no reaction. Kris let out a light sigh.

 

“Sehun, you know Daddy don't like it when you didn't answer my questions, right?" Kris hates applying force methods on Sehun. His son is vulnerable and he didn’t like to use violation or roughness toward Sehun, or anyone else.

 

As if understanding his father’s tone, Sehun slowly nodding his head, giving in to Kris. “I know, Daddy.” Kris nodded his head then, satisfied of Sehun's faithful response. “Good, now tell me what happened?” Kris caressed the both side of Sehun’s soft cheeks and Sehun sniffed a bit. “It-- It wasn’t my fault!” He said suddenly. Kris was left in frowned. “What?” His brows furrowed in confusion. Sehun looked Kris eyes to eyes. “What are you talking about?” Kris asked. He sounded puzzled.

“From the beginning, tell me from the beginning.” He wiped his face with both of his palms. He started to gaze around looking for any available seats, and not far from them, he spotted a bench. He held a firm grip of Sehun’s wrist and slowly pulled him toward the bench and the both of them settled down onto it. “So, tell me. From the start.”

 

Sehun nodded and Kris glad to see the bright Sehun is back in action. Sehun was about to say a word anticipated by Kris, when...

 

“Teacher Park, do you know where Sehun is?”

 

Automatically, Kris’ head suddenly lifted up toward the direction of a voice. His head spun around directlessly, in attempt deteting that voice that caught his attention. Sehun witnessed his father’s weird reaction innocently and unknowingly.

 

“Daddy?” Kris then got himself stood up on his feets, making Sehun completely puzzled and suprised on the bench. Kris still looking for that voice. He swear he wasn’t mistaken this time. He still recognized that voice. How can he forget? The voice that spoke to him in his dream last night.

 

“There he is, Teacher Kim.” Another female voice chimed in and the other voice replied, “Oh yes, I see him. Thank you.”

 

“Daddy?”

 

Kris frantically turned to Sehun, whose tugging the hem of his shirt, trying to get his father’s attention. “What are you doing?” He asked. Kris stared at that small pale face in a brief silent moment before he next shook his head, trying to separate reality and dream. “Sorry, Sehun. I was a bit dizzy today.” He stated while massaging his forehead in attempt to relieve the pain in his head.

 

“Sehun-ah!” A voice behind Kris rang and once again, Kris’ eyes widened. No way. He thought.

 

“Teacher!” Sehun chirped and dashed toward the direction of the voice that came from behind Kris. “Sehun, where have you been? I’ve been worried sick of you.” “I just talked with my daddy!” Kris felt his legs went jelly but with all his might, he slowly turned himself around. And he gasped. “Daddy! This is my homeroom teacher!” Sehun said happily. Kris couldn’t relate which is the reality or dream. No words came out from his mouth. He always wanted things like this to happen but seriously he didn’t have any preparation for it. He doesn’t know how to react.

 

The face in front of him that holding his son’s hand firmly and lovingly. Kris don’t know what should he do now. He felt like a mannequin. A lifeless creature that he just statued himself while gazing into a pair of beautiful eyes that he will never forget how it looks like. That lips, that nose, that face. Everything about him.

 

“J-- J-- J..”

 

Both Sehun and his teacher looked at Kris' weird expression, blankfully. And puzzly.

 

“Sir?”

 

The guy asked and Kris still didn’t pull his eyes away from the latter.

 

“Sir?”

 

This time his voice went louder.

 

“Hah? What?”

 

“You’re Sehun’s father, right?” He asked while he made attempts to avoid Kris’ strange look on his face.

 

“Sir?” He asked again. “Nice hair.” Was suddenly the thing spurted out from Kris’ mouth. The other male then slowly carressed his blonde hair with an unusual look of his face. “Thanks. And my name is Kim Jongin. I am Sehun’s homeroom teacher.” The latter said and Kris couldn’t do anything but helplessly widened his eyes much bigger as his heart started to race ruthlessly.

 

“Hah?”

There was a different tone in Kris’ voice, and he looked completely dazed and disbelief. “Kim what?” He wanted a confirmation and the latter smiled, trying to hold back his laughter.

 

“Kim. Jong. In. Sir.” He rephrased and damn, Kris swears that he isn’t deaf yet. “But you can call me Kai, my students love calling me Teacher Kai. It’s ahh.. to prevent the confusion in between me and Mrs Park Jungin, a Math teacher in this school. Oh why am I telling you this?” Kai then laughed, embarassed. Kris still had his pokerface on. As he completely ‘hang’ of what had actually happen. His eyes still nailed on Kai’s already reddened face of being shy, he later decided to just ask the latter one thing. “Do you know me?” With a finger pointed on his own face, Kris still trying to take a deeper look into Kai’s eyes. All he see was confusion. “Err... No.” Kai replied and with that, Kris suddenly straightened his back. He looked shock by Kai’s answer. “You.. What? You don’t remember me?” Kris suddenly leaned closer toward Kai and felt offended and surprised, Kai frantically headed backward.

 

“Wha-- Err.. No. No. I don’t, Sir.” Kai started to panic. Why shouldn’t he? Suddenly a stranger stared at him like somewhat psychopat and asking him either they knew each other when Kai really don’t know him. “Are you sure?” Kris tapped his chin with his index finger and gave Kai a suspicious gaze. Kai chuckled a bit before he calmly shook his head.

 

Sehun literally slapped his forehead on his father’s sudden weird action. Seriously, what happened to him? The two of the elders are having an eye staring contest while Sehun looked irritated in the midst of it. Sehun let out an annoying groan and spoke out,

 

“Guys! You both pretty! Can we get back to the real business now?”

 

Both Kai and Kris were wide awake from their dreamland and gazed Sehun in disbelief. “Whoa, kids like you said thing like that.” Kai stated. Then he looked back to Kris. Just like what Sehun said, let's get it straight to business. Kai cleared his throat and clasped his hands together.

“Sir, I was the one who asked Sehun to call you, because I need to have a word with you about Sehun. Err.. your son, err how am I going to say this?” Kai got himself muttered slowly with his hands firmly massaging his forehead. Kris decided to just wait and listen to Kai, while he also thinks that this is his best opportunity to take a deep stare on Kai’s face.

 

As Kai then went on and on, brought up all thing about Sehun, Kris next lost into his own world, thinking hard of Kai (or Jongin) didn’t recall of him. OR, was he doing this in purpose so that Kris won’t feel awkward with him, but dude, he could have just run away from him. But come to think of it, Jongin isn’t that type of guy. OR also, maybe they shared the same name, who knows right? But how can? Same face with same name?

 

"Sir? Do you even listening to me?"

 

"Hah?" Damn, Kris thought when he saw Kai's faded face. Was he mad at me? He thought again.

 

"Yes?" He asked again, this time he painted a sincere smile on his lips, which he was unaware of Kai's changed expression when he saw his smile. Kai brushed that sight away from his brain as he started to act serious. "Sehun, he's committed with fighting issues yesterday and it's a pretty serious case. Because he fought up with the senior batches." Kai said and gave Sehun a glare that eventually made Sehun bit his lips and prefers to stare the tile of the floor.

"Okay. I see. So Sehun was-- W-- WHAT?!"

 

Kai, Sehun and some staffs nearby turned around to Kris' face in frantic as they were surprised hearing the tallest guy's loud voice. "You what Sehun?!" Kris glared on Sehun's afraid face and Sehun shifted and hide behind Kai for protection. Kris tried to take a look for Sehun's face but Sehun beamed his face onto Kai's back.

"Come here, Sehun, talk to me." Kris ordered, and being afraid, Sehun could have just spun around to avoid his father's gaze, and he dragged the puzzled Kai along with him. A moment later, the three of them started to 'dance' inside the office as Kris tried to reach for Sehun and Sehun keep pulling Kai's body arround as his armor from his father's attack. The staffs inside the office started to pay attention on the 'mini' show and enjoying it a bit. "So this is the thing that is hard enough for you to tell me just now? You little--" Kris was about to pull Sehun's hand, but as sneaky as a child is, Sehun managed to escaped.

"That's why I don't want to tell you, because I know you might ended up being like this!" Sehun screamed in protest and Kai was helplessly speechless, all he could do was trying to get this family matter as far as he could from him, he did expect some possibility for a parent to scold his son might turned up like this, but my man, this is more than what he could imagine, plus he was in the middle of everything. "Sir-- Sir, please stop. People are watching you." Kai try to console Kris to get back into his sanity. Seeing no difference of Kris, Kai decided to grab both of Kris' hands, which successfully did put Kris' movement in a pause. Well, to be precised, both of them. In a moment, their eyes met and everything was quite. Kai's sudden touch felt like an electricity that jolted into his veins, in which totally stopped the entire functions of his body.

 

It's been a while since he last felt such sensation. But Kai took a flash move by removing his hands away. His heart felt different. To something that he felt like a long lost connection. In a moment he knows that he might have a slight crush for Sehun's father but on second thought, he finds it was rather different and strayed from slight crush. Well, hello. Kris was like a literal God that could only kill girls by just shooting his sight on them. His godic features would melt anyone, and he isn't exclude.

 

Kris too, get back to his real life when Kai broke the hold between them. He blinked in a moment and try to readjust his scattered mind. Things went hectic inside his head for seconds. He then slowly gazed back on the younger blonde that was staring at him, with pinkish shade on his tanned face. It was a momentary silent.

 

"Daddy."

 

A small soft voice tapped Kris' eardrums and Kris sighed upon seeing his son still in his hideout behind his teacher. The small kid seems afraid to approach Kris. Kris gave in some rational thoughts for the sake of his son. He knows scolding never solve anything in turn of making things better.

 

"Sir, I believe the two of you really need a proper talk." Kai's voice chimed with a brilliant thought. Kris nodded as he acceded to Kai. "Yes, you're right." He sighed slowly. He then turned his sight to Sehun. "Come on Sehun, Daddy'll send you home. Daddy promise everything will be okay." Kris consoled as he gave his hand to Sehun, expecting for the youngest to cope for it. But Sehun gave no response by just staring blankly at Kris' bare palm. As a good teacher he is, Kai turned to Sehun and knelt in front of the smaller boy. "Listen here, Sehun. Your father promised that everything will be okay, right?" He asked lovingly with a soft and deep stare he gave to Sehun when their eyes met.

Sehun lifted his head up to look at his father and Kris painted a loving smile to his son, and once again shoved his hand slowly toward Sehun.

 

"Come on, son. Do you trust me? Didn't you always say that I'm the bestest daddy ever?" Kris grinned and Sehun slowly replied Kris with nods. "Then, let's go home and Daddy will get you your favourite chocolate ice cream. Okay?" Kris bribed and as expected, Sehun's face turned bright and big smile with exciteness was shown on his face. "Really, Daddy?" He chirped and Kris smiled as he nodded. "Of course." Sehun threw himself into Kris' arms and Kai smiled when he witnessed a sweet moment of a father with his son. He grew with no parents. He was an orphan. He never got the chance being pampered and soothed with parents love.

 

Kai let out a silent sigh and he almost popped his heart out in sudden when he felt a sudden contact on his shoulder. It was Kris. "Is there anything else, Teacher Kim?" Kris asked and they were caught in eyes to eyes contact. Kai was dazed in a moment as he was drowned by the aura that Kris sent him. "N-- No, Sir. Do you?" He collected all his might to reply the deep stare of Kris and the blood inside his circulatory system went crazy when he heard Kris' giggles. "Maybe you should start with stop calling me 'Sir'." He added then before he lifted Sehun inside his strong grip and Sehun whined cutely while the youngest tangled his small arms around his father's neck.

 

Kai could only giggled to Kris' earlier statement. He nodded again. Kris and Sehun bid him their off and like out of control, Kai finds that he can't keep his mouth from not saying anything that will make his head and heart went insane.

 

"W-- Wait!" He called and the two former male paused. The two of them turned their sight onto Kai, especially Kris.

 

"Do we know each other before?"

 

It felt like he was trying to get rid of stone that stomped onto his heart when he asked that. His heart raced and the rate of his heartbeat went crazier. He never felt like this before.. or did he?

 

Kris' eyes widened when he heard that. Deep inside his heart, he felt some mutualities between him and Kai even they were just met (?) like 30 minutes ago but damn it, only God knows that how grumpy and excited Kris silently was when Kai asked of him such thing. His heartbeat to went insane and pumped like in an inhumanity pace. "What do you think?" Was the thing slid off from his pale lips.

 

Kai tilted his head upon hearing that. 'Are... are you?" Kai asked back because for God's sake, he craved for a serious answer now. Kris shook his head.

 

"I don't know either." He slowly uttered. And once again, their eyes met in a deep long stare, as if each others eyes trying to identify and reading something against one another.

 

"Daddy? Can we go now? I want my ice cream." Sehun whined cutely that made the two elder realized where were their feets on to. "Okay, Sehun." Kris turned to Kai with a breathtaking smile before he left. "Hope to see you again, Teacher Kim." Kai was totally caught off guard that he was unaware that he grinned as he heard Kris. He can't let his eyes off the taller guy until the two male has already stepped out from the door.

 

Kai was left dazed, with his heart non-stop telling him something about Kris. Few seconds later, a guy with a nametag clearly said, Kim Jongdae stepped closer to the daydreaming Kai with a mug of coffee in his hand. He looked at Kai's troubled face, then to the blank door he was staring at, then back to the dazed Kai, and went back to the door before he finally snapped his fingers in front of Kai's face.

 

Kai shrugged his shoulders in surprise by Jongdae's attempt on getting him back to real life. He was puzzled when Jongdae striked him a stupid grin.

 

"What?" Kai snarled as he lazily stepped toward his desk. Jongdae came later behind him. "Oh how sweet, my friend fell in love with the father of his favourite student. Be careful." Jongdae said as he leaned his onto Kai's desk while Kai already sat on his chair,grabbing a red pen and started to check his students' homework. "Of what?" He replied in less interest. "He might be a husband of a wife." Jongdae stated before he took a sip of his drink. And he then frowned when Kai scoffed on his statement. "I believe he is a single man, dude." Kai added then while his hands marking and scribbled some correction on the homework.

 

"Really? How can you be so sure?" He asked back and Kai gave a pause of his current doing. He stared at the the door he stared just now. "Because I can feel it that way," he paused before he slowly added, "maybe"?"