Five

Forever Mine

 

That night, Kris tried so hard to get into sleep, but he can't. His mind keeps telling him about how he met Kim Jongin who he surely knows that it was his Jongin, but he can't tell why the hell at the same time his mind said that Kim Jongin is his Kim Jongin but actually not. Sounds confusing, right? So does his heart that time. 

Kris grunted in distress for a fine minute and some certain possibilities get into his mind. Perhaps Jongin suffered a memory loss. That's why he can't remember him. Since 2 years after they divorced, Kris somehow still attached on his habit of spying Jongin but after the day he met Sehun, the responsibilities of raising and taking care of his son became his priorities since then. He later didn't aware of whatever happened to Jongin but the hopes of wanting him to return back into his arms is always in his goodnight prayer.

A year had passed and he doesn't even expect that God heard his prayer when that morning, he reunited to Jongin. Although the younger boy didn't recall of him. At first, Kris assumed Jongin trying to hide and run away from him who was hurting him for a long time ago but as much as Kris knows Jongin pretty well, the said male will never lie and he always speak his heart and mind out. A very straightforward man but at the same time his sincerity is pure. That was Kim Jongin's best quality over all. Unlike his recent boyfriend, Park Chanyeol who  is also a straightforward guy, but in a meaner version. Cruel one. To him, Jongin is like an angel and Chanyeol is a devil. Like literally. So Kris once again slammed hard his body onto his bed, pulling his pillow closer and beamed his head into it and cupped his mouth while screaming at the top of his lung like there is no tomorrow. Jongin's face gets into his head and he fell asleep then.


***

That morning, Kris was awake nicely by his son, unlike the last time. After he went out from the bathroom for his beautiful bath, he stepped down to kitchen only to find his son, was having an ice cream as his breakfast, or so he thought. "Oi!" 
Sehun turned his head toward his father's direction, "What?" He asked with his mouth dirtied with chocolate colour of the ice cream. What a mess. 

"Why do you eat ice cream in the morning? You'll get terrible stomach ache later." Kris said as he approached Sehun and pulled over a chair closer. Sehun somehow snorts mischiveously, "It's already afternoon, Dad. What's wrong with you?" He asked and Kris widened his eyes. He stole a glance of a clock on the wall and it pointed at 12.56 at noon. Sehun held back his laughter and Kris gave him a warning stare like 'dont-you-dare-to-laugh-at-your-father' one.

"Duh.. whatever." Kris got up and went into the living room, leaving Sehun and his ice cream inside the kitchen. He rested himself on the couch and stared at the plasma TV which is already by Sehun. Tom and Jerry. Kris somehow get himself absent-mindedly immersed by the kids show. His mind went wherelse from the TV.

His head is full of Jongin this and Jongin that.

Sehun came out from the kitchen in a cleaner state after he was done with the ice cream. He grabbed the remote control from Kris even before Kris was able to switch the channel. "It's Saturday and I want to watch my show." Sehun claimed with his tongue out, mocking his father. Kris was just able to roll his eyes. "Kids." he mumbled.

"But before you enjoy yourself with this cartoon, you better keep in mind of what I've told you last night." Kris said as he grabbed a cushion nearby and placed it behind his neck. He cosily leaned his head backward. "Yes, I do. No fighting in school, do not pick up the wrong guy, be careful of my friends selection, do not take wasteful things like drugs, smoke and bla bla. I get it, Dad." Sehun nodded his head in every words he said and Kris nodded back in satisfaction. "Good. Behave." 

And Kris thought suddenly, this is his good opportunity to interview Sehun about his homeroom teacher. "Sehun." He said and straightened his back. Sehun hummed, asking his father to proceed without even looked at the older male.

"What was your homeroom teacher's name?" Kris asked in interest and Sehun raised his eyebrows. "Kai?" He simple answered and Kris clicked his tongue. "Sehun, real name please?" 

"Oh. Kim Jongin. Why would you ask?" He asked back. All Kris did was just smiling almost from ear to ear. That's nice Sehun didn't look at his father's face at that time.

"Then?" He asked again with hopeful look displayed on his face. Sehun shrugged while he was biting his lips while changing another channel. This time Powerpuff Girls.

"What do you mean by 'Then?'" Sehun frowned and stole a glance on his father's face. "Tell me anything else you know about him." Kris said.
 
"Like what?" Sehun put on his poker face only to bait his father's patient. Kris wiped his face desperately and let out a heavy whine. "Anything at all. Age, job, things he like or dislike, anything. Anything at all. Duhh. I don't even know you're this painful in the , Sehun." Kris said and Sehun laughed out his heart. "Okay, okay. I'm sorry. I did that intenionally. Alright. The name is Kim Jongin, and his nickname is Kai and I know you know why." Sehun paused and Kris nodded his head. "So his job is my homeroom teacher and also my Mathematics teacher. He likes black in colour and he is allergic to seafood. His birthday is ahh.. I don't know. Maybe 7th of January or 14th of January I don't know." Sehun shook his head to some informations he wasn't so sure and Kris snorts. 'It's 14." Kris said unawarely. And Sehun threw a suspicious look at him. Realizing that he was caught off guard, Kris tried to cover things up, "What? I was just guessing. As if it was correct." Kris lied and Sehun nodded. "It is 14." He said later and Kris shrugged. "Lucky guess." 

Kris sighed in relief when his son turned around and he doesn't even seem to care of Kris' lucky pot answer just now. At the same time, Kris' heart felt happy as he becoming so near to his oppoetunity to have Jongin back. "That's all." Sehun said and continue switching the channels. Kris frowned at Sehun's statement. "Was that all?" He asked back. Sehun hummed, acceeding his motion.

Kris didn't want to push his son any further so he just let it slide. "Okay, thanks." As soon as he said the words to Sehun before he left the living room, Sehun gasped loudly. "I remember another thing." The younger boy said and Kris spontaneously dumped his body back to his current spot. "What is it?" Kris asked with interest overflow. Sehun stared at his father's creepy face shockedly. He shook his head in disbelief in a second and answered back, "His past work history was a worker of a bookstore. That's all." 

Kris raised his eyebrows. Okay, that's it. 100% it IS his Kim Jongin. He smiled in victory in his heart. But still, he still feeling dissatisfied of Sehun's leaked information. "That's all?" Sehun nodded.

"The last time you said 'That's all', you later came out with another information." 

Sehun snickered at Kris' statement. "Dad, that's truly all I know." Sehun said and suddenly his expression changed. He stared back at his father with a different kind of look. Kris too, staring Sehun's face blankly.

"Oh, I see." He smiled wickedly and Kris glared at him in confusion. "What?" He questioned. 

"You got a crush on him, aren't you?"

Kris felt a warm shade crept upto his cheeks, and by that unaware action of his, Sehun bursted out loud to big laughter. He clapped his hands in enthusiasm. "I knew it. You both were having a good time with these sharp Jedi eyes contacting back at the office yesterday. Oh god. You both will make it as a cute couple, I mean Teacher Kai is cute but you, err." Sehun paused in a moment and studied his father's figure before he proceeded, "I don't know what to say." He shook his head.

Kris' face expression went down and and Sehun laughed. "I'm sorry, but Dad, cheer up. You're cool and handsome." Sehun complimented and Kris bought it. "Thank you, so are you. Remember, don't forget to send my regard to your boyfriend, Lulu." Kris leisurely teased his son with his boyfriend, which made Sehun gasped.

"I don't like him! He likes to pull my pants down in front of my class." Sehun pouted when his father mentioned about his classmate, Luhan, or to be precised, his crush. He likes Luhan and planned to confess but Luhan seems like to tease and slightly bullying him, so he decided to shut his mouth up to the said boy. "He's older than me though." He added. Kris scoffed when he heard that, "Yeah, right. He's 8 and you're 7. Way older, you said."

"He doesn't like me." 

Kris smiled and looked down to see his son's face. "Hey, maybe he teases you because he likes you too." Kris assures him and Sehun smiled bitterly. "Easier said than done." Sehun scoffed. Kris could just laughed all of his heart content out. "Then, none of us will get to have what we want."

Both of them then dropped into mute and staring at the TV intentionlessly. Until..

"Dad, I got an idea!" Sehun popped out with a bright face and smile. Kris frowned but his eyes still attached on the TV screen. "What?" He muttered.

"What if we get ourself into a challenge?" Sehun appointed and finally he got his father's attention, "Oh? What challenge?"

"If I go and confess to Luhan hyung and ask him out, you too will do the same to Teacher Kai. How about that?" Sehun gave him a wink and Kris smiled widely. "Sure! It's a call from me!"

Then the father shook hand with his son. Considering their bargain a done.