4

Path of the arranged marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Yoona met up with her mother, looking through the market, brightening up when she would try foods the ajhummas would offer.

“Such a sweet girl.”

“You are very pretty.”

“You have a lovely daughter”

She would bow when she and her mother heard such comments. Her mother smiled at her daughter, gazing at her lovingly, thinking that very soon she would leave them to join another family...to make her own family.

Her daughter, indeed, grew up to be a wonderful young lady. From the loud, mischievous girl that she used to be, she now became a calm person with her simplicity enhancing peaceful and beautiful nature.

Her thoughts and her daze her cut short when she felt her phone vibrate.

“Hello?”

“Yeobo...where are you?” Her husband had called.

“I am at the market with Yoona.” She spoke a slight uncertainty. Yoona turned to face her mother when she heard her name. “Why? Did something happen?”

“The Ok family is here.”  His voice was slightly panicked. Her eyes widened at the news.

“Did you invite them for lunch or dinner?” Yoona gave her mother a puzzled look.

“Well, I thought I had said dinner but they said they had sent a mail saying that dinner would be difficult and they would come over at noon.”  He spoke in a collected manner.

There was nothing much they could now that the family was here.

“I have told them that you are out but will be back soon. Just quickly come home.”  Yoona’s mother nodded in understanding.

“Eomma...what’s wrong?” Yoona asked carefully as soon as she hung up the phone.

“The Ok family is here. Hurry up. We have to go home.” She grabbed Yoona’s hand and rushed out of the market.

*This is not good.* Yoona glanced down at her clothes. She was still in the clothes she wore to university. It was simple and definitely not fit for seeing your to-be-in-laws for the first time.

 

---

 

“Oh no. We apologise for arriving early.” Hyesung and Taecyeon heard his father talk to Mr Im.

“No, no. Don’t. I am very sorry about this situation.” Mr. Im replied.

Due to a slight confusion, the Ok family had arrived earlier than expected. When they arrived there was no one at the house, leaving them slightly confused as to whether they got the correct house or not.

About half an hour later, Mr. Im arrive at his place for lunch and noticed a few people standing by his gate. It was only then he recognised Taecyeon and immediately let them come in, apologizing them heavily for the wait.

Taecyeon attempted to give a warm smile to Mr. Im.

“So Taecyeon-ssi, what are you doing?” Mr. Im directed the conversation towards Taecyeon, in hope to easen the tense situation and also to get to know him a bit better.

“I am one of the financial advisors at Park Corporation.” Taecyeon replied.

“Wow, that is a really good post you have.” Mr. Im beamed. Taecyeon nodded slightly, ac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter